Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 381 to 400 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

381. Posted:

@bro2dragons: Gaepora being reincarnated as an owl makes even more sense when you consider that Rauru is never seen outside of the Temple of Light. I originally thought that he had just stayed there waiting for Link, and that being in the Sacred Realm preserved him while the other sages eventually died of old age. If the original Sage of Light was reborn as Kaepora Gaebora, maybe Rauru is just his spirit, and can't exist outside of the temple.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

382. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

After watching the spectaculary incredible video for Skyward Sword from NL's homepage I can't help but wonder who is that new Sheikah Girl?????

Untitled

Impa? Or an ancestor of hers? They sort of look similar.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

pocket_arsenal

383. Posted:

Well it's possible she could be Impa. There's been more than one to my knowledge, though only two games feature her outside instruction manual pictures, and Ocarina of Time is the only place she's been a Sheikah. We have had a what may have been a descendant of her's in the old lady Impaz, though she could just be named after her.

I just think it's a Sheikah girl we don't know the name of who will eventually become a sage. She may be an ancestor of Imp, or she may not. I get the feeling there may be more Sheikah in this game than any game in the series, due to it being before their numbers supposedly dwindled in Ocarina of Time... or they may go their usual route, and say it's the last Sheikah again...

I don't always give myself signatures, but when I do, you just read it.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

384. Posted:

I say its Link's mother. >.>

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

romulux

385. Posted:

nintendopower has some more semi-interesting details:

• Roll by shaking the nunchuck while dashing
  • All we know about the mystery woman in black is that she wears the mark of the Sheikah on her clothes and her forehead
  • Eldin Province (from Twilight Princess) is now ardous and hot, full of lethal lava streams and rocky terrain
    http://nintendoeverything.com/75388/new-zelda-skyward-sword-d...
    there's more there but not much.

according to IGN the game has a left handed option, although link will still be right handed on screen. they also confirm that you can turn the HUD completely off, thank god.
http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/10/new-skyward-sword-gamepl...

there's also another video of miyamoto swinging a toy master sword around like a dork. he's stated that this is one of the most expensive games nintendo has ever made, which isn't a surprise but it does make you wonder what the most expensive one was.

also:

• there's a pumpkin patch in Skyloft
  • you can stab a pumpkin and have it stick on the end of your sword
    sold. this will be the first game to let me unleash my hatred of pumpkins.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

386. Posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox9pcs-_biw&feature=player...

Intro video to Skyward Sword. Weirdly enough the intro has whole of humanity expect a few dying.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Adam

387. Posted:

Holy crap, I was not expecting that at all! If you click the red dialog bubble in the bottom right corner of the video to turn off the translation, you could swear it was the opening credits for an old Japanese movie. I kept waiting for it to fade out and fade back in to the quiet first moments of an epic film. Some of the highest quality music I've ever heard in a video game.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

388. Posted:

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

389. Posted:

romulux wrote:

If this doesn't hype you for Skyward Sword I don't know what will. GOTY 2011? I think so.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

pocket_arsenal

390. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Untitled

I see MewTwo, MasterHand, and Ganondorf in the clouds.

I don't always give myself signatures, but when I do, you just read it.

AuthorMessage

Matillion

391. Posted:

I'm sure this has been asked a billion of times, but do you get the music CD without pre ordering?

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

AuthorMessage

James

392. Posted:

Yes, it's in all copies of the game's first print run :)

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

Matillion

393. Posted:

My English isn't really that good, heh, so could you define first print run?

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

AuthorMessage

pixelman

394. Posted:

All copies sent out at launch will have it, but later shipments from Nintendo won't.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

395. Posted:

So, it looks like Link will play a harp this time. I can't be the only one thinking they should have saved that for the Wii U.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

Link79

396. Posted:

Shoulda coulda woulda.
You all are gonna turn into a big bunch of haters. Just like the group that claims TP was such a letdown.
I guess I'm the only fan out there who enjoys them all.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Adam

397. Posted:

Yea, that's maybe a slight overreaction to his comment. He was far from hating, just stating a minor and obvious missed opportunity, assuming they don't just reuse the harp next time.

They need to get over the music thing. It really doesn't need to be in every game, and it's not that interesting. All you do is memorize button combinations to cast a spell. Neat once, maybe, but not over a decade later after several slight variations of the same idea. He's a legendary hero not a one-man band.

And since even the seeming appearance of criticism is now the equivalent of hating, let me clarify that I don't hate it, I just think it could use a rest and would prefer to live out Link's career as a warrior rather than his career as an amateur musician.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

JonWahlgren

398. Posted:

He puts on a mean mitzvah performance though.

Editor At Large
NLFM podcast | Twitter | Thunder Panda!

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter: jonwahlgren

AuthorMessage

Usagi-san

399. Posted:

@Link79:This seems appropriate somehow...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXlhpeb6wI

"I never swear, my lord, I say yes or no; and, as I am a gentleman, I keep my word." - D'artagnan in Twenty Years After

AuthorMessage

Link79

400. Posted:

How many Zelda's didn't have some kinda musical element involved? Isn't that kinda a staple of the series?
I can't think of too many games where Link didn't have an instrument of some kind.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link