Forums

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,905

Meta-Rift

So, it looks like Link will play a harp this time. I can't be the only one thinking they should have saved that for the Wii U.

Meta-Rift

Link79

Shoulda coulda woulda.
You all are gonna turn into a big bunch of haters. Just like the group that claims TP was such a letdown.
I guess I'm the only fan out there who enjoys them all.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

Adam

Yea, that's maybe a slight overreaction to his comment. He was far from hating, just stating a minor and obvious missed opportunity, assuming they don't just reuse the harp next time.

They need to get over the music thing. It really doesn't need to be in every game, and it's not that interesting. All you do is memorize button combinations to cast a spell. Neat once, maybe, but not over a decade later after several slight variations of the same idea. He's a legendary hero not a one-man band.

And since even the seeming appearance of criticism is now the equivalent of hating, let me clarify that I don't hate it, I just think it could use a rest and would prefer to live out Link's career as a warrior rather than his career as an amateur musician.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Link79

How many Zelda's didn't have some kinda musical element involved? Isn't that kinda a staple of the series?
I can't think of too many games where Link didn't have an instrument of some kind.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

Cia

Link79 wrote:

Shoulda coulda woulda.
You all are gonna turn into a big bunch of haters. Just like the group that claims TP was such a letdown.
I guess I'm the only fan out there who enjoys them all.

I like them all as well

Cia

Adam

Pretty much all of them did (not sure about Phantom Hourglass — I think there was one but it was unnecessary), but not like Ocarina started. The first four games had instruments that were just one-use things, not key items to the game where you have to learn and perform various songs on them, which always felt a bit too silly to me.

I could see doing it once or twice, but I wish they would think of another way for him to learn spells so that the instrument change from game to game isn't just superficial. Zelda 2 for instance just had him learn spells and presumably cast them by speaking them, the whistle not really being like the ocarina/harp/conductor's wand/whatever. It would be neat to try something different once again, if spells are even necessary to the series (some don't have any equivalent to this at all), like have Link do magical zumba dances.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Link79

@ Adam
Remember that dancing mask from Majora? The one you wear that makes Link teach that silly dance to the two girls in clock town? That always rather creeped me out. It was strange seeing Link move like that.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

Adam

Haha, I am glad now more than ever that Majora is one of the few I didn't finish. I am more a fan of the 2D games (still excited about the new one though).

Come on, friends,

Link79

Yeah that was definitely a weird game but I kinda liked it.
The Zora form was cool. It gave Link the ability to to do some sweet martial arts style kicks!
Plus the fierce deity mask was awesome! It turned you into adult Link and made you look like a warrior god or something.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

Adam

The masks always seemed like a super cool idea. I actually didn't like it because I found all the necessary town quests vague and boring. If not for the timer, I might have had the patience to figure it out and get to the meat of the game, but ... maybe some day, I always say.

Come on, friends,

Meta-Rift

Adam wrote:

They need to get over the music thing. It really doesn't need to be in every game, and it's not that interesting. All you do is memorize button combinations to cast a spell. Neat once, maybe, but not over a decade later after several slight variations of the same idea. He's a legendary hero not a one-man band.

I don't mind it, but I definitely wouldn't miss it, either. The only one I ever liked was the Wind Waker, mainly because it's rhythm-based.

Also,

All you do is memorize button combinations to cast a spell.

^That reminds me, I want another game where Link actually learns magic, like Zelda II.

@Link79: The only Zelda game I hate on is OoT. The rest are awesome.
And Kamaro's Mask was the best mask in the game. D:

Edited on by Meta-Rift

Meta-Rift

Dynetheous

@meta-rift WHAT!?? the fierce deity mask is the best

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

Meta-Rift

No way! Kamaro's Mask gives Link the ability to dance, so it's clearly superior.

Meta-Rift

Link79

I don't get why the time thing in Majora's mask bothered people.
You can slow it down drastically with the inverted song of time. You don't have to rush through the game to beat it. The items you find don't all vanish after returning to the first day. You keep the important things and only lose stuff like bombs and arrows that are easily replenished in the field.
That game is so misunderstood.

Didn't mean to go off topic but Majora must be defended.
It's rather good if you try to undertand how it works.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

Dynetheous

majora's mask is my fav zelda game, so yeah.. dont diss MM k? thanks people

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

Adam

If you don't have that song, it is annoying. It makes you redo things you've already done.

Come on, friends,

kkslider5552000

Link79 wrote:

I don't get why the time thing in Majora's mask bothered people.

because people have horrible opinions

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Meta-Rift

Adam wrote:

If you don't have that song, it is annoying. It makes you redo things you've already done.

You get the song as soon as you get the ocarina. Most of the events that reset can be skipped by using certain items and playing certain songs. If you want to re-fight a boss (to trigger certain events), you can go directly to the boss room from the beginning of the temple. You can deposit your rupees in West Clock Town and withdraw them after you go back in time.

I only ran out of time once, and that was just because I wanted to see what happens.

Meta-Rift

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.