Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 361 to 380 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

361. Posted:

...So apparently the bosses in this game is going to be massive, lol. Nintendo Power already told me about the fiery....bug...nut...thing. And in some trailer I saw some giant black two-legged creature, man I hope this game is challenging this time around.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

362. Posted:

Anyone else notice how Gaepora looks like Rauru? There has to be a connection there, since the Sages are the ones who forged the Master Sword.

And what's all this about spoilers? I haven't seen any yet. >_>

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

pocket_arsenal

363. Posted:

I really think the only connection to Raru Gaepora has is that he's another old man with a mustache. He really shares more similarities to the Owl from Link's Awakening than anything... which is weird because he's obviously supposed to be the owl from Ocarina of Time.

Speaking of Raru...

The rumor of Gaepora being a sage is making me wonder... Does anyone think we might see a young Raru in the game? He was the only sage in Ocarina who was already awakened, and he is pretty old, I don't know if I'd say he's 100 years old, but I could see being a sage extending his lifespan enough to make him more than 107 years old.

I don't always give myself signatures, but when I do, you just read it.

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

364. Posted:

Rift wrote:

Anyone else notice how Gaepora looks like Rauru? There has to be a connection there, since the Sages are the ones who forged the Master Sword.

Twilight Princess pointed out that Sages can be different people over generations

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

365. Posted:

lz20XX wrote:

Rift wrote:

Twilight Princess pointed out that Sages can be different people over generations

or if they are in a timeline where the OOT sages never had to be sages

I just realized that likely confirms the split timeline once and for all. Either that or Wind Waker remembering who the OOT sages are and Twilight Princess not remembering is a huge coincidence.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

366. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

Rift wrote:

or if they are in a timeline where the OOT sages never had to be sages

I just realized that likely confirms the split timeline once and for all. Either that or Wind Waker remembering who the OOT sages are and Twilight Princess not remembering is a huge coincidence.

Timeline split has already been officially confirmed, in fact, that's on of the ONLY things they HAVE confirmed in relation to the timeline, other than OoT being first (until SS that is), and a few other things, such as MM being a direct sequel, ALttP and LA being connected, as well as OoA and OoS.

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

367. Posted:

Zelda and Zelda 2 and obvious stuff like Wind Waker > Phantom Hourglass > Spirit Tracks too.

wait we already had a topic about this nvm

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

368. Posted:

I'm pretty sure we've had this discussion about 20 times or so really... tis getting old

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage

pocket_arsenal

369. Posted:

lz20XX wrote:

Rift wrote:

Technically, no, it did not. TP is in the child timeline , so no sages were made. Doesn't explain why the new ones were identical.

Wind Waker though, did prove it.

The Sages in Ocarina obviously still existed, as you can see in the windows of Hyrule Castle's basement. And yet Fado and Laruto were sages of the Earth and Wind Temples. They were replaced by Makar and Medli.

This game also revealed that sages can apparently be killed. It also revealed that they just stand around in the boss room playing music apparently. Wonder why they didn't stay in the sacred realm?

Edited on by pocket_arsenal

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

370. Posted:

There's definite proof of a split timeline and I will tell you why. The Wind Waker and Twilight Princes stories wouldn't make sense without it.

OOT: In the future, Ganondorf is sealed away... then several years Wind Waker.

Again OOT: After sealing the future Ganondorf, Zelda sends Link back. Link warns the King about Ganondorf. He never gets the Triforce. They are about to kill him. He gets the Triforce out of nowhere, and he is sealed. The reason he got the Triforce is because when he originally got it, on OOT, that bond with the Triforce of Power is permanent. It doesn't follow the rules of time and space. So that's why he still got it on the second timeline without physically getting it himself.

This also explains why both Ganondorfs act differently. On Wind Waker, he had already been King, ruled over Hyrule, but was sealed in the Sacred Realm for a long time. This gave him time to think, he became kinda wise and collect.

On Twilight Princess, he didn't actually get to rule yet. Because of what happened, but he got the Triforce of Power out of nowhere. He thought the Gods choose him to lead. This is why he is cocky as hell here. That he deserved that power.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

371. Posted:

If I get this one It'll be my first Zelda game. The game play looks pretty cool though, having to swing the remote in a certain way to hit a weak spot.

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

372. Posted:

Okay, Gaepora has to be Rauru. In Ocarina of Time, Rauru says that he is one of the Ancient Sages. If that's true, then he was there when the Master Sword was created.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

pocket_arsenal

373. Posted:

...Or Gaepora and Raru are both sages who were alive for the creation of the master sword.

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

374. Posted:

pocket_arsenal wrote:

...Or Gaepora and Raru are both sages who were alive for the creation of the master sword.

They're not going to have two characters that look like Rauru. Nintendo isn't that lazy.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

Platypus

375. Posted:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

...So apparently the bosses in this game is going to be massive, lol. Nintendo Power already told me about the fiery....bug...nut...thing. And in some trailer I saw some giant black two-legged creature, man I hope this game is challenging this time around.

Almost all Zelda bosses are massive. especially the ones in TP.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

376. Posted:

soccer686 wrote:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

Almost all Zelda bosses are massive. especially the ones in TP.

....Yeah I guess....But never seen something that big in TP, when talking about that black giant thing. (maybe Morpheel comes close...and I guess Stallord as well)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

pocket_arsenal

377. Posted:

Meta-Rift wrote:

pocket_arsenal wrote:

They're not going to have two characters that look like Rauru. Nintendo isn't that lazy.

Young Raru won't look like Gaepora.

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

378. Posted:

pocket_arsenal wrote:

Meta-Rift wrote:

pocket_arsenal wrote:

Young Raru won't look like Gaepora.

We don't know how old Rauru is supposed to be, and Gaepora already looks like him. If there was a young Rauru in the game, it wouldn't make sense to design another character in Rauru's image. He's bald, has white facial hair, and is dressed the same. Honestly, there's not much they could do to make him look more like Rauru.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

379. Posted:

After watching the spectaculary incredible video for Skyward Sword from NL's homepage I can't help but wonder who is that new Sheikah Girl?????

Untitled

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

bro2dragons

380. Posted:

It is fitting that he who would become the king is also the sage of light. And why would he not have multiple names? Rauru could be a reincarnation... or maybe they're the same person and he is just referred to by more names than one, or he adopts Rauru as a pseudonym for his role as a sage. Many cultures, for example, have a number of names for every person. Consider the russians, for example. @YashaStepanovic knows what I'm talking about. There are multiple ways to refer to any given person in their culture, and they respond to them all. Maybe ancient Hyrule/Skyloft worked in a similar way. There's a definite connection, though, and he definitely goes on to become King (he's Zelda's father and looks exactly like the King of Red Lions), and I think this also ends any debate over which sage Kaepora Gaebora was a reincarnation of... those names are TOO similar for coincidence.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29
We, like Job, are destitute save for the love of Jesus.
Find me on Facebook, just be sure to tell me you're from NL!