Forums

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,905

pocket_arsenal

The point stands that this is a Zelda topic, not a Kirby one.

I don't always give myself signatures, but when I do, you just read it.

Dynetheous

anyways back to skyward sword...

@kaisergx you should make a kirby thread if you want to express your thoughts on the game, all further discussion on this thread should be about skyward sword

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

citizenerased

Just first run

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Joeynator3000

...So apparently the bosses in this game is going to be massive, lol. Nintendo Power already told me about the fiery....bug...nut...thing. And in some trailer I saw some giant black two-legged creature, man I hope this game is challenging this time around.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Meta-Rift

Anyone else notice how Gaepora looks like Rauru? There has to be a connection there, since the Sages are the ones who forged the Master Sword.

And what's all this about spoilers? I haven't seen any yet. >_>

Meta-Rift

pocket_arsenal

I really think the only connection to Raru Gaepora has is that he's another old man with a mustache. He really shares more similarities to the Owl from Link's Awakening than anything... which is weird because he's obviously supposed to be the owl from Ocarina of Time.

Speaking of Raru...

The rumor of Gaepora being a sage is making me wonder... Does anyone think we might see a young Raru in the game? He was the only sage in Ocarina who was already awakened, and he is pretty old, I don't know if I'd say he's 100 years old, but I could see being a sage extending his lifespan enough to make him more than 107 years old.

LzWinky

Rift wrote:

Anyone else notice how Gaepora looks like Rauru? There has to be a connection there, since the Sages are the ones who forged the Master Sword.

Twilight Princess pointed out that Sages can be different people over generations

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

kkslider5552000

lz20XX wrote:

Rift wrote:

Twilight Princess pointed out that Sages can be different people over generations

or if they are in a timeline where the OOT sages never had to be sages

I just realized that likely confirms the split timeline once and for all. Either that or Wind Waker remembering who the OOT sages are and Twilight Princess not remembering is a huge coincidence.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NX01Trekkie1992

kkslider5552000 wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

Rift wrote:

or if they are in a timeline where the OOT sages never had to be sages

I just realized that likely confirms the split timeline once and for all. Either that or Wind Waker remembering who the OOT sages are and Twilight Princess not remembering is a huge coincidence.

Timeline split has already been officially confirmed, in fact, that's on of the ONLY things they HAVE confirmed in relation to the timeline, other than OoT being first (until SS that is), and a few other things, such as MM being a direct sequel, ALttP and LA being connected, as well as OoA and OoS.

NX01Trekkie1992

kkslider5552000

Zelda and Zelda 2 and obvious stuff like Wind Waker > Phantom Hourglass > Spirit Tracks too.

wait we already had a topic about this nvm

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NX01Trekkie1992

I'm pretty sure we've had this discussion about 20 times or so really... tis getting old

NX01Trekkie1992

pocket_arsenal

lz20XX wrote:

Rift wrote:

Technically, no, it did not. TP is in the child timeline , so no sages were made. Doesn't explain why the new ones were identical.

Wind Waker though, did prove it.

The Sages in Ocarina obviously still existed, as you can see in the windows of Hyrule Castle's basement. And yet Fado and Laruto were sages of the Earth and Wind Temples. They were replaced by Makar and Medli.

This game also revealed that sages can apparently be killed. It also revealed that they just stand around in the boss room playing music apparently. Wonder why they didn't stay in the sacred realm?

KaiserGX

There's definite proof of a split timeline and I will tell you why. The Wind Waker and Twilight Princes stories wouldn't make sense without it.

OOT: In the future, Ganondorf is sealed away... then several years Wind Waker.

Again OOT: After sealing the future Ganondorf, Zelda sends Link back. Link warns the King about Ganondorf. He never gets the Triforce. They are about to kill him. He gets the Triforce out of nowhere, and he is sealed. The reason he got the Triforce is because when he originally got it, on OOT, that bond with the Triforce of Power is permanent. It doesn't follow the rules of time and space. So that's why he still got it on the second timeline without physically getting it himself.

This also explains why both Ganondorfs act differently. On Wind Waker, he had already been King, ruled over Hyrule, but was sealed in the Sacred Realm for a long time. This gave him time to think, he became kinda wise and collect.

On Twilight Princess, he didn't actually get to rule yet. Because of what happened, but he got the Triforce of Power out of nowhere. He thought the Gods choose him to lead. This is why he is cocky as hell here. That he deserved that power.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

SkywardLink98

If I get this one It'll be my first Zelda game. The game play looks pretty cool though, having to swing the remote in a certain way to hit a weak spot.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Meta-Rift

Okay, Gaepora has to be Rauru. In Ocarina of Time, Rauru says that he is one of the Ancient Sages. If that's true, then he was there when the Master Sword was created.

Meta-Rift

pocket_arsenal

...Or Gaepora and Raru are both sages who were alive for the creation of the master sword.

Meta-Rift

pocket_arsenal wrote:

...Or Gaepora and Raru are both sages who were alive for the creation of the master sword.

They're not going to have two characters that look like Rauru. Nintendo isn't that lazy.

Meta-Rift

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.