Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 321 to 340 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

321. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

One thing that makes the entire "timeline" theory inconsistent is the fact that items in Twilight Princess show up in the Skyward Sword, but in non of the other Zeldas that came after it.

One example is the Clawshot. Why is the Clawshot in Skyward Sword? If Skyward Sword really is the beginning of the entire saga, then the Clawshot wouldn't have existed back then. And it wouldn't explain why the Clawshot was replaced by the Hookshot (a substantially lower-tech item), only to suddenly reappear in TP.

game takes place in sky

clawshots were made for sky people

regardless some gameplay things are kind of a "don't think about it too much, this is just for fun" sort of thing. I mean, my big question is why did civiilzation apparently die in Zelda 1 and how is it back in Zelda 2?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

322. Posted:

Items aren't really important to the timeline... This is more of a game mechanic...

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

SuperLink

323. Posted:

Who thinks that in the near future, Nintendo's gonna make some new Nunchuck thing where it's wireless and eliminates the need for the wire. That looks like it would make Skyward Sword a bit more comfortable, after seeing Mr. Miyamoto's demonstration of the game.

Mom...Dad...I'm a Thespian

AuthorMessage

Adam

324. Posted:

Not that I want to defend the timeline, but items really are non-issues. There's no reason sky people couldn't have clawshots just because Hyrule used them in TP era. We are still using hammers today. I'm pretty sure that doesn't invalidate or retcon anyone who used hammers in earlier times. In most Zeldas, there is no indication as to how much time has passed between games aside from direct sequels and Windwaker (which is a regressed civilization due to the flood).

And even if a ton of time has passed, this is fantasy, and you are generally expected civilizations to progress more slowly in fantasy series. Otherwise Link wouldn't still be using a sword at this point.

That said, it would be really interesting to see them show a Hyrule slightly more advanced technologically. Maybe Link Rides a Train did that (didn't play it), but it doesn't seem like it.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Burny

325. Posted:

romulux wrote:

there's also some new info about link's dialog. the developers tried to expand link's personality without adding voice acting by letting you choose link's responses during cutscenes: http://www.gamesradar.com/legend-zelda-skyward-sword-hands-pr...

Untitled

;)

"I kill Gandalf." Igor - Dork Tower

Nintendo Network ID: BurnyBurns

AuthorMessage

Terave

326. Posted:

Man, the spoilers are killing me: I just don't want to read them, but it is way too attractive...

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

327. Posted:

so many spoilers latley :P

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

Link79

328. Posted:

I was spoiling myself with all the previous Zelda's and it didn't ruin my enjoyment.
I can't help it. The more info that comes out on this game the more I wanna know all about it.
Btw What's all this malarky about a timeline? Makes about as much sense as a Mario timeline.
Are you guys seriously worried about which story happened in what order?
I just wanna go on an epic quest to defeat evil and save Hyrule or what ever land needs saving.

Edited on by Link79

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

329. Posted:

you mean skyloft, hyrule doesn't exist yet :P

Edited on by Shining-Void

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"

AuthorMessage

Link79

330. Posted:

Okay Skyloft whatever.
Just shows I don't care who needs saving or what timeline I'm in.
I just wanna be Link and thwart me some evil.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

331. Posted:

agreed

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

332. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I mean, my big question is why did civiilzation apparently die in Zelda 1 and how is it back in Zelda 2?

Zelda 2 takes place in Northern Hyrule. In Zelda 1, Link wasn't there to stop Ganondorf from conquering Southern Hyrule, so everyone had to flee to other regions.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

333. Posted:

Rift wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I mean, my big question is why did civiilzation apparently die in Zelda 1 and how is it back in Zelda 2?

Zelda 2 takes place in Northern Hyrule. In Zelda 1, Link wasn't there to stop Ganondorf from conquering Southern Hyrule, so everyone had to flee to other regions.

ah, that explains it.

kind of

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

lord_hades

334. Posted:

this games story line is goin to be to awesome the master sword is created, ganondorf is explain, must explain how zelda became a royal and it links directly to OOT the ending for this game should be long and show alot, all the stuff they need like you saved zelda blah blah blah and then at the end it shows a huge cut scene explaining alot of the unexplained mistories from OOT and show how ganondorf became an allie with zeldas father and right at the end in another cut scene zelda should put the master sword in the temple of tme and then say "only time will tell...." and then she should get the ocarina of time out and is about to play zeldas lullaby but the screen goes black it plays the skyward sword theme and the credits come on

Edited on by lord_hades

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

AuthorMessage

lord_hades

335. Posted:

Ganondorf will not appear in Skyward Sword, but the game will touch on the subject of his appearance in Ocarina of Time.

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

336. Posted:

Hyrule is in Skyward Sword, it's below Skyloft.

You know how Fi is the Master Sword... I have a feeling Gaharim or w.e is the Trident of Power.

Edit: There not going to explain Ganondorf's alliance with the King... that kinda doesn't need explaining. But also because this game is years before OOT.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

pocket_arsenal

337. Posted:

Is there anyone else here who beleives that Ganon and Ganondorf were once seperate entities, and that this game may actually feature Ganon, in big, blue pig form only? Explaining how Ganondorf would eventually be chosen as a host for Ganon? ...Possibly involving Twinrova in the story somehow?

Also @KaiserGX That would be pretty friggin interesting, though considering how different Girahim looks from Phi, I have a hard time seeing it, I hope that doesn't mean anything though, because I would love it if that ended up being the case.

I don't always give myself signatures, but when I do, you just read it.

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

338. Posted:

Phi has a Blue Crystal, and Girahim has one that looks the same but red on his side. He has the Title Demon Lord (if I recall correctly).

On Four Swords Adventures it says something about the Trident in the writings, Ancient Demon Reborn. Whoever gets the Trident becomes the King of Darkness. I think Ganon and Ganondorf (or at least Ganon) is a separate spirit. Every time you see Ganon you ALWAYS see the Trident. I know the first Zelda game he doesn't have it, but he does in the artwork for the game. Then the remake for the Satellite View did have him holding the Trident.

Edit: Also for some reason Ghirahim reminds me of Agahnim.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

Rensch

339. Posted:

Note how Zelda's father is named Gaepora. That must mean that the owl of the same name in Ocarina of Time must be his spirit or something. The manual of that game actually says something about Kaepora Gaebora being the spirit of an ancient sage.

It reminds me of the names of the sages in that game being the same as various areas in Adventure of Link.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

340. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

Note how Zelda's father is named Gaepora. That must mean that the owl of the same name in Ocarina of Time must be his spirit or something. The manual of that game actually says something about Kaepora Gaebora being the spirit of an ancient sage.

It reminds me of the names of the sages in that game being the same as various areas in Adventure of Link.

Yeah, Zeldas father is probably one of the sages in this game. I'm just wondering why he took the form of an owl after he died(?).

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92