Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 301 to 320 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

Cia

301. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

Motion+ controls are optional? because learning fencing in order to kill an evil carnivore plant sounds rather stupid.

No, Motion + controls are required. The game's puzzles and battles wouldn't function at all without +

Cia

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

302. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

Motion+ controls are optional? because learning fencing in order to kill an evil carnivore plant sounds rather stupid.

They are mandatory in Zelda: Skyward Sword. Every inch of the game uses WM+, even the aiming. It's not IR aiming like in Twilight Princess, it uses gyros this time.

Adding normal controls would make it like Metal Gear Solid: Rising. Where you firstly choose the way you want to cut and then make the cut. It would make combat frustrating and extremely slow and tedious for a Zelda game. So that's why it wouldn't work.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

ToadFan

303. Posted:

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward...

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/231275b1.jpg " alt="Untitled" />

Just wanted to point out that Skyword Sword is E10+. Anyone surprised?

ToadFan

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

304. Posted:

The October Issue of Nintendo Power has new details on Skyward Sword. Be aware there ARE plot details! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

STORY DETAILS BELOW, DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED!:

• Ghirahim seeks to revive his master. - The headmaster of the Knight Academy Link goes to is named Gaepora. - Gaepora is Zelda's father. - Gaepora laugh like this "Hoo hoo hoo", which seems Owl like. - Zelda wakes up Link one morning to show him her dress for the Bird Riders ceremony. - Noticing how lazy Link is about his flying training, Zelda pushes him off the edge of Skyloft. - During the "date" after the competition, Zelda is trying to tell something to Link she's been meaning to tell him for a long time, but is interrupted by a tornado. - Link has nightmares of a black creature that shallows Zelda. - During the attack of said tornado, Link is saved by his bird, which are called Loftwings. - Fi appears in Skyloft after the attack and Link chases her all around Skyloft to the Goddess Statue. - The Sheikhas Stones are back. - The Eldin Volcano's dungeon is NOT the Fire Temple, it's the EARTH Temple. - The bullies are named Groose, Cawlin and Stritch. Groose, the red-haired one, has a big crush on Zelda. - Other characters includes Pipit, a senior student and bird expert. And Fledge, a nice guy but kind of a wimp. - Link's sword is referred to has the Goddess Sword.

Gameplay details:

• Night/Day transition does not occur in real-time. Link must go to bed and choose to get up at night or at day. - Monster appear during the night. Cats become aggressive. The cats are apparently the freakiest enemies you'll encounter. - The HUD is customization. Standard, Light and Pro. Standard shows the full controller overlay and button functions, Light only the buttons and Pro isalmost completely clean. - The only way to save your game is with the birds statues. They are pretty much everywhere, including mid-dungeon and right before boss rooms. - Almost everything in the environment can be interacted with.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

305. Posted:

ToadFan wrote:

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward...

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/231275b1.jpg " alt="Untitled" />

Just wanted to point out that Skyword Sword is E10+. Anyone surprised?

Twilight Princess was rated T, so, no not really. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

romulux

306. Posted:

there's no way i'm passing up the orchestral CD and waiting until next year, but...
Untitled

the standard edition box art is way better.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Terave

307. Posted:

romulux wrote:

there's no way i'm passing up the orchestral CD and waiting until next year, but...
Untitled

the standard edition box art is way better.

They should make this one at the other sde, so you can pick your favortie box-art. Like they did with New Play Control games. :)

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

308. Posted:

Terave wrote:

They should make this one at the other sde, so you can pick your favortie box-art. Like they did with New Play Control games. :)

and Sin&Punishment and Xenoblade.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

grenworthshero

309. Posted:

I already pre-paid for the special edition at GameStop, but I'm not so sure about this game. I'm still not a fan of the artstyle at all, and it looks like they're doing a lot of stuff to change the whole Zelda formula, so only time will tell, I guess.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
3DS Code: 3823-8687-7682
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--Facebook--last.fm

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

AuthorMessage

BenAV

310. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

Terave wrote:

and Sin&Punishment and Xenoblade.

The Australian Xenoblade cover only has one side. D:

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Burny

311. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

The Australian Xenoblade cover only has one side. D:

You're not missing anything, really. NoE did a poll and people chose a cover showing a view of the bionis leg and Shulk in what is merely "to... over this artwork. Then NoE dropped the ball, by doing nothing but printing the alternative cover on the backside of the standard cover. There is no logo on the front of it, no Logo on the spine of it, nothing.

The standard cover simply looks better. Or it would, if it wasn't obscured by the USK-mark, the PEGI-mark and a "Not to be sold separately"-text in seven languages (talking about the German Special Edition here). As it stands, it's just an excellent game with a really poor alternative cover and a messed up standard cover. :p

Edited on by Burny

"I kill Gandalf." Igor - Dork Tower

Nintendo Network ID: BurnyBurns

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

312. Posted:

I know this isn't the correct thread to be asking this, but I seen it was slightly active. Would you guys recommend Burn the Rope over Mr. Driller W?

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

Adam

313. Posted:

Way too many pages of this thread to check if this has been revealed already, but just saw this on Nintendo's press page:

"• Zelda's father: Gaepora, Zelda's father, is the headmaster of Link's school. As such, he has knowledge of the history and legends of Skyloft. "

Gaepora... Sounds an awful lot like the name of a certain owl I used to know. Very cool detail. Can't wait to see him transformed, assuming it's not just a coincidental similarity.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Rockmirth

314. Posted:

i pre ordered the limited edition on gametop do you think i will get it?
how many copies do they release on it?

Rockmirth

AuthorMessage

Cia

315. Posted:

Rockmirth wrote:

i pre ordered the limited edition on gametop do you think i will get it?
how many copies do they release on it?

I'm sure that there are enough copies for everyone who pre-orders.

Cia

AuthorMessage

Cia

316. Posted:

Why can't i just stop reading spoilers for this game!

Edited on by Cia

Cia

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

317. Posted:

I was a little iffy on if this would be a GOTY contender. But after the latest footage from IGN I'm sure it is. And I'm 90% sure it will be my personal GOTY too.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

318. Posted:

I didn't want this game at first but all these trailers are making me want it. Also there's a damn bird!

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

romulux

319. Posted:

Untitled

the majora's mask vibe is strong here
Untitled

zelda's going to put the smack down on this A-hole
Untitled

master sword moment. you hold the remote downward and swing it up to pull the sword out of the pedestal
Untitled

there's also some new info about link's dialog. the developers tried to expand link's personality without adding voice acting by letting you choose link's responses during cutscenes: http://www.gamesradar.com/legend-zelda-skyward-sword-hands-pr...

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

320. Posted:

One thing that makes the entire "timeline" theory inconsistent is the fact that items in Twilight Princess show up in the Skyward Sword, but in non of the other Zeldas that came after it.

One example is the Clawshot. Why is the Clawshot in Skyward Sword? If Skyward Sword really is the beginning of the entire saga, then the Clawshot wouldn't have existed back then. And it wouldn't explain why the Clawshot was replaced by the Hookshot (a substantially lower-tech item), only to suddenly reappear in TP.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984