Forums

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Posts 281 to 300 of 1,905

Fuzzy

Disclaimer at the end of an email Nintendo has sent out describing the Skyward Sword release packaged with a golden Wii Remote Plus:

'* Note that the golden Wii Remote Plus will simply be golden in colour, and will not contain any actual precious metals.'

Thank you for clarifying that Nintendo.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Hejiru

Fuzzy wrote:

Disclaimer at the end of an email Nintendo has sent out describing the Skyward Sword release packaged with a golden Wii Remote Plus:

'* Note that the golden Wii Remote Plus will simply be golden in colour, and will not contain any actual precious metals.'

Thank you for clarifying that Nintendo.

I saw that in the press release some time back. It made me laugh.

Edited on by Hejiru

Hejiru

Ayer99

OMG I am so excited for this game. This will be the best 3D Zelda ever besides OoT (Or maybe even better). I am not going to say it will be the best Zelda of all time because the 3D ones really aren't comparable to the 2D ones. They both have their strength.

Ayer99 at
http://www.ign.com/blogs/ayer99

zionich

Just got done reading that a possible upgrade for slingshot might be a spread-slingshot, how nice.

Edited on by zionich

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Mandoble

Motion+ controls are optional? because learning fencing in order to kill an evil carnivore plant sounds rather stupid.

Mandoble

Cia

Mandoble wrote:

Motion+ controls are optional? because learning fencing in order to kill an evil carnivore plant sounds rather stupid.

No, Motion + controls are required. The game's puzzles and battles wouldn't function at all without +

Cia

19Robb92

Mandoble wrote:

They are mandatory in Zelda: Skyward Sword. Every inch of the game uses WM+, even the aiming. It's not IR aiming like in Twilight Princess, it uses gyros this time.

Adding normal controls would make it like Metal Gear Solid: Rising. Where you firstly choose the way you want to cut and then make the cut. It would make combat frustrating and extremely slow and tedious for a Zelda game. So that's why it wouldn't work.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

shingi_70

The October Issue of Nintendo Power has new details on Skyward Sword. Be aware there ARE plot details! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

STORY DETAILS BELOW, DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED!:

• Ghirahim seeks to revive his master. - The headmaster of the Knight Academy Link goes to is named Gaepora. - Gaepora is Zelda's father. - Gaepora laugh like this "Hoo hoo hoo", which seems Owl like. - Zelda wakes up Link one morning to show him her dress for the Bird Riders ceremony. - Noticing how lazy Link is about his flying training, Zelda pushes him off the edge of Skyloft. - During the "date" after the competition, Zelda is trying to tell something to Link she's been meaning to tell him for a long time, but is interrupted by a tornado. - Link has nightmares of a black creature that shallows Zelda. - During the attack of said tornado, Link is saved by his bird, which are called Loftwings. - Fi appears in Skyloft after the attack and Link chases her all around Skyloft to the Goddess Statue. - The Sheikhas Stones are back. - The Eldin Volcano's dungeon is NOT the Fire Temple, it's the EARTH Temple. - The bullies are named Groose, Cawlin and Stritch. Groose, the red-haired one, has a big crush on Zelda. - Other characters includes Pipit, a senior student and bird expert. And Fledge, a nice guy but kind of a wimp. - Link's sword is referred to has the Goddess Sword.

Gameplay details:

• Night/Day transition does not occur in real-time. Link must go to bed and choose to get up at night or at day. - Monster appear during the night. Cats become aggressive. The cats are apparently the freakiest enemies you'll encounter. - The HUD is customization. Standard, Light and Pro. Standard shows the full controller overlay and button functions, Light only the buttons and Pro isalmost completely clean. - The only way to save your game is with the birds statues. They are pretty much everywhere, including mid-dungeon and right before boss rooms. - Almost everything in the environment can be interacted with.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Joeynator3000

ToadFan wrote:

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward...

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/231275b1.jpg " alt="Untitled" />

Just wanted to point out that Skyword Sword is E10+. Anyone surprised?

Twilight Princess was rated T, so, no not really. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

romulux

there's no way i'm passing up the orchestral CD and waiting until next year, but...
Untitled

the standard edition box art is way better.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Terave

romulux wrote:

there's no way i'm passing up the orchestral CD and waiting until next year, but...
Untitled

the standard edition box art is way better.

They should make this one at the other sde, so you can pick your favortie box-art. Like they did with New Play Control games.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

SKTTR

Terave wrote:

They should make this one at the other sde, so you can pick your favortie box-art. Like they did with New Play Control games.

and Sin&Punishment and Xenoblade.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

grenworthshero

I already pre-paid for the special edition at GameStop, but I'm not so sure about this game. I'm still not a fan of the artstyle at all, and it looks like they're doing a lot of stuff to change the whole Zelda formula, so only time will tell, I guess.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

BenAV

SKTTR wrote:

Terave wrote:

and Sin&Punishment and Xenoblade.

The Australian Xenoblade cover only has one side. D:

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Burny

BenAV wrote:

The Australian Xenoblade cover only has one side. D:

You're not missing anything, really. NoE did a poll and people chose a cover showing a view of the bionis leg and Shulk in what is merely "to... over this artwork. Then NoE dropped the ball, by doing nothing but printing the alternative cover on the backside of the standard cover. There is no logo on the front of it, no Logo on the spine of it, nothing.

The standard cover simply looks better. Or it would, if it wasn't obscured by the USK-mark, the PEGI-mark and a "Not to be sold separately"-text in seven languages (talking about the German Special Edition here). As it stands, it's just an excellent game with a really poor alternative cover and a messed up standard cover.

Edited on by Burny

"I kill Gandalf." Igor - Dork Tower

Nintendo Network ID: BurnyBurns

WiiAboutU

I know this isn't the correct thread to be asking this, but I seen it was slightly active. Would you guys recommend Burn the Rope over Mr. Driller W?

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

Adam

Way too many pages of this thread to check if this has been revealed already, but just saw this on Nintendo's press page:

"• Zelda's father: Gaepora, Zelda's father, is the headmaster of Link's school. As such, he has knowledge of the history and legends of Skyloft. "

Gaepora... Sounds an awful lot like the name of a certain owl I used to know. Very cool detail. Can't wait to see him transformed, assuming it's not just a coincidental similarity.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Rockmirth

i pre ordered the limited edition on gametop do you think i will get it?
how many copies do they release on it?

Rockmirth

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.