Forums

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,905

kkslider5552000

This looks awesome. But it's a 3D Zelda so obviously.

I actually kind of hope that this will give us some backstory for the sky people from Minish Cap, but I doubt it. Not too surprising but I was really glad to see the form of travel in the game will be flight and that the game apparently takes place in the sky (I think)?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

This looks awesome. But it's a 3D Zelda so obviously.

I actually kind of hope that this will give us some backstory for the sky people from Minish Cap, but I doubt it. Not too surprising but I was really glad to see the form of travel in the game will be flight and that the game apparently takes place in the sky (I think)?

Links from skyland and he jumps down to hyrule.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Aviator

Dragoon wrote:

Trailer looks nice. I like the design of the new villain, but Link's lady friend looks too much like Illia from TP.
Plus did anyone else notice Link's lips are huge in the cutscenes? o_0

Yes! Hated that above everything. His proportions are just out of wack. As long as combat isn't as slow as shown, and there is less overlays on screen I'll be happy.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

2-D

Have they changed the overlay, then? The temporary one last year was pretty horrendous

Misfortune subdues small minds.

GoldenEye 007 FC : 3933-1198-0911
2D on deviantart

Cia

SPOILERS
Interaction with the people of Skyloft will be more similar to Majora's Mask than other Zeldas. The overworld (in Hyrule) will be more like in 2d- games, like A Link to the Past. The game also hints the backstory of Ganon (although he is probably not in it.) The plot is partly a school drama with Link and Zelda being in the same school. There are teachers, principals and stuff. This is the actual latest info from Aonuma.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

WiiAboutU

Wow, this is not what I was expecting. But this was the only retail title I've been waiting for. So I guess I got to keep my hopes up, even if I shouldn't.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

Meta-Rift

Faron wrote:

The overworld (in Hyrule) will be more like in 2d games

Source? That's the single best game-related news I've heard in at least a year.

Meta-Rift

kkslider5552000

Faron wrote:

Interaction with the people of Skyloft will be more similar to Majora's Mask than other Zeldas.

best Zelda ever: now confirmed

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Meta-Rift

Seriously, can someone post the source? I haven't been able to find any mention of this.

Meta-Rift

Cia

Zelda Informer has the latest interview from Eiji Aonuma (29 jun). Can't post the link because Wii browser but use google.

Cia

Meta-Rift

This? It doesn't say anything about the overworld.

Meta-Rift

Meta-Rift

@NintyFan: The cutscene that plays right before the third video is really impressive. It looks like Ghirahim is going to be the best villain in the series.

Have they confirmed whether the game will have a two-hits-per-heart health system? I don't think I've seen any screens or videos where Link has a 1/4 or 3/4 heart.

Meta-Rift

Noire

Untitled

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Meta-Rift

@MechaPhoenix: You might be on to something. Ghirahim is trying to replace Tingle!

The plot thickens!

Meta-Rift

Noire

I totally want a game starring Debbie and Tingle. Something like ... Lord Ghirahim and the Amazing Tingle In the Absolutely Fabulous Adventures of Lord Ghirahim and the Amazing Tingle in Sparkles Tightpants Fancyworld.

I think that title isn't long enough to denote how truly fabulous that game would be.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

19Robb92

I don't know if I'm slow, but I just noticed a black spot on Lord. G's cheek in the latest boss video. Do you guys think it'll be something important? I mean it looks like it's something they've tried hiding behind his hair ...Might just be a design thing though I guess.

And another thing, cause this is just realy weird! Why does he have one 'normal' ear and one elf ear? O_O
Untitled
Looks kind of creepy and just.. wrong. D:

Maybe he's half demon half human?

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

nesvc

I am just as interested in the gold wii remote as I am the game. Any news on if it will be included with the game?

nesvc

romulux

there are a lot of videos here. this one shows the upgrade system, which is based on finding items rather than xp:
http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/09/there-are-more-skyward-s...

this one is an extended version of what was posted in the other zelda thread:
[youtube:StXfwq4GU3g]

there's also an official site up... not that it's too exciting or anything, but- http://zelda.com/skywardsword/

if you really want to spoil things even more, here's a bunch of details taken from game informer:

• Skyloft is a group of floating islands, and Link is a Skyloft resident
  • Skyloft residents travel between islands through the use of birds
  • Link befriends a rare breed of this bird early in the game, via a special ceremony
  • Link and Zelda are out flying on their birds when they encounter a tornado
  • this tornado sucks up Zelda
  • spend the rest of the game finding Zelda using a powerful weapon that eventually becomes the Master Sword
  • Forest Temple is Skyward Sword's first dungeon
  • Fire Temple is the second dungeon
  • Eldin Volcano is where the a race of Mogma live
  • Mogma are muscular creatures that have unique hair styles, and only pop their upper body above the ground to talk
  • The Mogma warn link about a group of shady 'guys in red' as he heads deeper into the volcano
  • Fi fills the role of Navi this time around
  • Fi makes a loud beeping noise to let you know of a point of interest
  • Fi is a female spirit who inhabits the Skyward Sword
  • this Skyward Sword has the power of dowsing
  • to use the dowsing ability, you hold the sword out in front of you and the game goes into first person
  • the sword makes a noise when pointed in the direction you need to go
  • use this ability to find keys, hearts and even Zelda herself
  • the sword tells you that Zelda is indeed in the Fire Temple
  • no compass in this version of the game, as it's replaced by the dowsing ability
  • dungeon maps automatically fill in treasure and boss locations
  • developers are treating the overworld as a big dungeon itself
  • between dungeon segments now feature combat and puzzle solving that would normally be in dungeons
  • seal-like enemy called a 'Pyrup' hides beneaths rocks and inside walls
  • the Pyrup will climb into walls and spout fire that blocks you
  • depending on how you hold the Wiimote, you can perform an overhead bomb, or roll one
  • you can put spin on bombs as well by twisting your wrist
  • throw the bombs into the cracks to blow up Pyrups
  • some enemies require bomb tosses to destroy
  • orange slime monsters split into smaller enemies when you hit them
  • these smaller bits grow in size if you don't destroy them quickly enough
  • some Pyrups drop Eldin Ore
  • slimes may drop collectible goo
  • items grow more powerful as you continue on by upgrading them
  • upgrade system is still being worked on
  • example of how it might work: collect materials and rupees to upgrade a slingshot to utilize a spread shot
  • every item has multiple levels of upgrade
  • unclear if you choose upgrade paths, have to upgrade items to progress or have the ability to use all upgrades
  • the Game Informer dev that played the game was playing for over an hour and still hadn't reached the dungeon
  • statues are scattered about dungeons and the overworld
  • statues are save points and portals to the world above the clouds
  • Skyloft's map resembles that of Wind Waker
  • bird flight is much faster than boat speed in Wind Waker
  • you'll come across enemies and tornados while flying
  • Bomb Bag returns, which allows you to store bomb flowers
  • use the Digging Mitts to find rupees, hearts and other secrets
  • Whip can grab onto certain elements of the environment, and also stun enemies
  • gain a new musical item that uses the MotionPlus to play
  • no worries about controlling wind patterns while flying
  • beams of light shoot up from the clouds to indicate locations
  • green beam above the forest, red beam above the volcano
  • set your own blue beacon to guide yourself during flight
  • treasure hunting system
  • while on ground, find hidden rune-encrusted boxes
  • raise your sword to build up power and slash the boxes to teleport them to the clouds
  • this unlocks treasure chests above the clouds
  • chests are glowing points on your map
  • Link can jump off his bird above any island or beacon
  • control the fall by moving the Wiimote and then pressing B for your parachute
  • if you overshoot your target, your bird will swoop in and save you
  • return to Skyloft at most points during the game
  • you're only required to return to Skyloft between dungeons and at certain plot points
  • use your dowsing mechanic to find pieces of a key to unlock a door to the Fire Temple
  • grab a refreshing fruit to refill your stamina meter, or let it slowly refill on its own
  • if it empties all the way you'll be immobilized for a few seconds
  • dash up steep hills
  • dash into a wall to climb up a short distance
  • climbing puzzles have you figuring out where to go so you can rest and climb more, or find a spot to eat a fruit and continue on
  • run up a hill while bokoblins throw bounders from above
  • you have to use certain types of swings to take out this enemy, and when you do they'll hit the hill below and roll down to the bottom before they disappear
  • Bokoblins will also stomp on your hands when you're climbing up ledges and swing at you with their maces
  • some Bokoblins have horns that allow them to call in reinforcements
  • some Bokoblins hide in wooden towers that you have to blow up with bombs
  • Aonuma credits director Hidemaro Fujibayashi for these new additions
  • it took the Game Informer staffer 3 hours of overworld action before he could enter the dungeon
  • a Mogma will ask you to get a bomb bag for him, but then lets you keep
  • pick up bomb flowers anywhere and refill your bag
  • the volcano has a fish enemy that pops out of the lava and shoots fireballs at you
  • defeat the enemy by tossing a bomb in its mouth
  • if you get set on fire and pull out a bomb, it will explode
  • Lizalfos can block all sword attacks at first
  • dodge his move to make him taunt and then you can attack
  • balance on a stone ball and navigate through lava
  • another section has you running towards the camera to avoid an oncoming boulder
  • Ghirahim shows up in the Forest and Fire temples
  • Ghirahim calls Zelda a 'precious oracle' and a 'female servant of the Goddess'
  • Ghirahim summons the Fire Temple boss, tells you you'll never find Zelda and then flees
  • Mogma are accompanied by upbeat, jazzy music that features snapping fingers
  • Guardians of the Silent Realm are accompanied by industrial music akin to something in Silent Hill
  • this new approach to music comes as Aonuma's goal to 'break down some of the typical patterns you see in Zelda games'
  • Aonuma reveals details behind the main theme for Skyward Sword, which is Zelda's Lullaby reversed
  • other musical cues in the game that long-time fans will appreciate
  • includes a surprising use of the overworld theme from the original Legend of Zelda
  • original composition by Koji Kondo
  • this is the song you hear before starting the game
  • Fire Temple boss battle takes place on a narrow ramp with a pit of lava at the bottom and bombs/hearts at the top
  • the boss' name is Scaldera, which looks like a giant bolder with legs
  • Scaldera climbs the ramp and shoots fireballs at Link
  • he will also try to suck Link up
  • toss a bomb in his mouth to chip away at his exterior, revealing molten skin and a single eye on a stalk
  • eye can dodge and position itself in ways that require you to slash in specific ways
  • The Silent Realm lets you take on 'spiritual tests that Link must go through in an alternate world'
  • return to twisted versions of previous areas
  • this Silent Realm location involves the overworld area that surrounded the Forest Temple
  • mixes tear collecting of Twilight Princess and stealth of Phantom Hourglass
  • shove the Skyward Sword into the ground to access these areas, and enter with no weapons
  • fill a spiritual vessel with tears, all while Guardians try to block you
  • these Guardians can knock you out with one hit
  • you enter the Silent Realm in a circle of safety, but the Guardians activate as soon as you leave that circle
  • this is when the Guardians raise their arms/swords and the industrial music begins
  • Guardians deactivate as you pick up tears
  • you get 90 seconds after grabbing a tear to get the next, or the Guardians wake up
  • lantern-wielding ghosts float by, and if you are hit with their light the Guardians activate no matter how much time has passed
  • collect light seeds to make the remaining tears shoot a beam of light into the sky for 30 seconds

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=161131

need it. now.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.