Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 221 to 240 of 1,935

AuthorMessage

Adam

221. Posted:

That feeling of having to discover everything for yourself like you were just born (I like how you put that) is actually what attracts Zelda fans to the series, Hulk, so it sounds like it's just not the right game for you.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

222. Posted:

Adam wrote:

That feeling of having to discover everything for yourself like you were just born (I like how you put that) is actually what attracts Zelda fans to the series, Hulk, so it sounds like it's just not the right game for you.

Yeah that is probably what happends...

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

AuthorMessage

Toonlink97

223. Posted:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Well I will say somehting about Zelda games, hope nobody gets mad with me. I have never been a big fan of zelda games, always thinked that they look cool but never have one, my first zelda game was spirit tracks, and I find it pretty good, but I fell that in those game don't tell you like everything, there are alot of things that you need to discover by yourselve, alot of things that people like, don't imagine. I found it pretty good and with challenging puzzles, but some of these lack of information give me like a bad feeling. Spirit Tracks was the first game of zelda that I own, but not the first I played, the first was Twilight Princess, and in that game I feel like so.. alone. It was like beeing a baby and needing to discover everything by yourselve, it was like learning to walk or to speak but nobody helping you, I really don't like it at all, when I play it I was hopping for some action, and I discover myselve in a peacefull land were just falling from a tree can make you damage, it was like a bad feeling, no action, just there, discovering by yourselve with no tips what ypu need to do to go to the next step. Is like when you don't know what to do, and you just sit there with that bad feeling and start watchin TV just because you don't know what to do. And I try everything and actually can't discover wich was like the main objective of the game. Anyways these game calls me specially because the virtual-real motion, with the Wii motion + and everyhting, but these lack of information in the zelda games give me that bad feeling where I don't want another zelda game, anyways I will wait and see what happends, I got alot of Wii games on my wishlist, and of course I can't choose all of them. (wow I hope I don't write alot)

Wow. You'd hate the first Zelda, lol.

Games I'm Looking Foward To Most -

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Okamiden
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Kid Icarus Uprising

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

224. Posted:

@Toonlink97

Yeah I don't liked Twilight Princess at all! Its just because I don't understand it, I don't understand like the main objective of the game, I play it because a frind of mine lend it to me, but I cannot do anything in the game, I want to kill something but, oh well... I hopw skyward sword to be different, or I will just don't buy it, I got a huge wishlist of Wii game so I probably eliminate thse one.

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

225. Posted:

ZTP is an outstanding game, the story flow and main objetive is way easy to follow and it is not in any way the hardest Zelda at all (not counting the DS mini-zeldas), quite the opposite and what Zelda fans are demanding for SS is to have the difficulty bar raised again. Might be your problem is simply that you are not used to adventure games.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

hylianhalcyon

226. Posted:

The Nintendo Power tidbits I posted on and linked to earlier are now confirmed.

Here is an article with the highlights.
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/aonuma-recent-rumors-...

Here is a download page for the scans.
http://moshata.deviantart.com/art/SS-News-pgs-5-and-6-1736879...

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

AuthorMessage

NintendoCoDGamer

227. Posted:

Looks really good.. but I probably won't have enough money to get it when it comes around.. anyway.. GCN compatibility would be nice (hint, hint)

Looking forward to The Conduit 2 and CoD: Black Ops for DS
For really cool avatars for a forum, go here! http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns/Emblems

NO ITEMS FOX ONLY FINAL DESTINATION

AuthorMessage

hylianhalcyon

228. Posted:

I forgot to post that also from that Nintendo Power is the confirmation that the demo area from E3 will be in the game, and that it is a field area, not a dungeon. I find that quite interesting, as it gives us a little insight into how they are changing the field areas.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

AuthorMessage

romulux

229. Posted:

metroid's not the only game getting a bunch of new impressions: http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-swo...

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Adam

230. Posted:

Sounds like the slingshot actually is more than just a bow with an inferiority complex this time. This game continues to impress with each new screenshot and impressions.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

231. Posted:

Does this game take place in Hyrule? With all of these zelda games taking place in other regions, I might just have to change my name...

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Yeah I don't liked Twilight Princess at all! Its just because I don't understand it, I don't understand like the main objective of the game, I play it because a frind of mine lend it to me, but I cannot do anything in the game, I want to kill something but, oh well... I hopw skyward sword to be different, or I will just don't buy it, I got a huge wishlist of Wii game so I probably eliminate thse one.

You think TP is nonlinear? Go play The first Zelda(on the NES) and get back to me.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

232. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

Does this game take place in Hyrule? With all of these zelda games taking place in other regions, I might just have to change my name...

hulklol123456789 wrote:

You think TP is nonlinear? Go play The first Zelda(on the NES) and get back to me.

Hmmm why should I? It looks even worst than TP.

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

233. Posted:

I generally enjoyed TP, it was just some of the puzzles or level design that were irritating. The side quests seemed utterly pointless against the backdrop of a world-threatening catastrophe and that stuff took me out of the game a bit. Unlike Metroid Prime though, I did see it through to the end and I'm definitely interested in the new game.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Chris720

234. Posted:

Sean+Aaron wrote:

I generally enjoyed TP, it was just some of the puzzles or level design that were irritating. The side quests seemed utterly pointless against the backdrop of a world-threatening catastrophe and that stuff took me out of the game a bit. Unlike Metroid Prime though, I did see it through to the end and I'm definitely interested in the new game.

I enjoyed the mini-missions, some of the puzzles were dam near impossible. However, TP is one of those game that you can play once, but get sick of after completing it, but that's just my opinion...

I'm really looking forward to Skyward Sword though, the art style looks awesome and the controls look amazing, and by the looks of things they've tightened up the controls a lot too. But, to be honest, I'm more amazed by bomb bowling (I think that should be a mini-game you can play online). :D

This game is set to look fantastic! Just need to wait for a release date now... the anticipation is killing me. D:

Edited on by Chris720

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

ShadowSniper7

235. Posted:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Sounds to me like you don't want to play any games that involve thinking, therefore you should steer clear of any Zelda games.

I enjoyed TP quite a bit as well. I didn't like it as much as MM or OoT but it was still better then most other games out there. The score of 8/10 was a just a slap in the face to a great game. Compare it with all the other 8's NIntendo life has awarded to wii games.

By the way, I made a topic about my awesome ideas that should be implemented in Skyward Sword or other future Zelda games. The topic got locked... (I guess my ideas were just too good for human eyes :P) I was hoping to get some more feedback and here what ideas you guys might have.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/my_zelda_ideas

Edited on by ShadowSniper7

gameblog.me Linking all the best free online games to you!

AuthorMessage

romulux

236. Posted:

how long's it been since you thought about this?

new (big) screens apparently showing some visual progress. open in a new tab:
http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/zeldasse3vsseptember.jpg

overall, it looks consistently darker, which makes me wonder if a lot of the differences are due to the capturing method, but you can see a few definite changes.

here's a comparison with the brightness of the new shots pumped up: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/272/3/5/zelda_shots_by...

it's a little over saturated but it looks more the way i imagine these shots were supposed to.

Edited on by romulux

AuthorMessage

JGMR

237. Posted:

As i was buying Monster Hunter Tri today, i saw pre-order info that said that the game will be released on the 8th of February 2011.

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

romulux

238. Posted:

miyamoto: “What we are focused on is creating gameplay mechanics so the gameplay experience feels very dense. In fact, the overall experience is going to feel more dense. We hope that people will want to go back and replay the game once they finish it”.

are they going to out-dense majora's mask? from the sound of it this is going to be one of the best zeldas in a long time.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=145645

AuthorMessage

Alias

239. Posted:

My 700th Heart Attack during E3 happened when they revealed this game.

The graphics are stellar, although some despise them due to their mysterious blend of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. I have no clue why, because both of those games had great graphics, and this new style really fits the game.
I can't comment much on the gameplay, but from what I've seen it looks decent. Anything to tear my family away from the xbox 360. They love motion control. :)

Thinking of finally picking up a Wii U!

AuthorMessage

romulux

240. Posted:

new release window:
"(Miyamoto's) team is now entering into the final completion stage of the game. Talking about The Legend of Zelda franchise ... “The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time” has been in the process of being remade for Nintendo 3DS, and this Nintendo 3DS version is expected to hit the market earlier."
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=148730

we know ocarina of time isn't due out until "after E3", so skyward sword is at the earliest going to be a late summer release. nintendo may well save it for their big christmas release at this point.