Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 1,821 to 1,840 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

abINC4L

1,821. Posted:

So I'm finally playing through this game (started it a while ago but I tend to do that, start a game then actually continue playing through it several weeks later). But yeah, I'm loving it right now although Fi's Captain Obviousness is driving me a bit nuts XD, other than that I have absolutely no complaints.

NNID: AB88INC4L

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

1,822. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I've gotta say, I'm a bit Sigourney Weaver stumped based on if i should even plunge into Skyward Sword at this time...Considering I have yet to play though ALTTP and OOT. Don't start hucking those radical rocks just yet! :p

I'm guessing it's best if i go through ALTTP on the Wii's VC, and 'then' OOT 3D for the 3DS, and THEN take a trip to Skyward Sword...Otherwise i might have a hard time going back to OOT's traditional controls seeing as how SKyward Sword's look absolutely amazing. Plus Id feel like a complete goober head if i didn't fully experience ALTTP beforehand either.

I'm not chucking rocks, but I'm surprised that you haven't played these two phenomenal games, being the retro gamer you are. Those two games are the best games I've ever played. They will change you...

BTW, add me as a 3DS friend. I'll add you as well. :)

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

fishman100

1,823. Posted:

SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT!
I have a question, but for those of you who haven't finished the game, SPOILER ALERT!

[size=50]At the end of the game when Zelda gives one of her bracelets to Impa and then returns to the present, she sees Impa wearing the bracelet and Zelda realizes that the old tree-looking person who helped Link and Groose earlier was Impa. When I started Hero Mode, I noticed that Impa (in the present) was wearing the bracelet already. How is this possible?

Also, right before the final battle with Ghirahim, he says he's a "weapon" of..something (I don't remember) and there's a weird viewing of a black sword. Does this mean that he's actually a weapon but personified as a human/demon?[/size]

/spoiler

Edited on by fishman100

Go make some new disaster
That's what I'm counting on...
You're someone else's problem
Now I only want you gone
Now I only want you gone...

AuthorMessage

Kagamine

1,824. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

-Fi, though, is my least favorite of Link's 3D companions. She's like Navi, but with almost no personality, less useful advice and even more nagging.

I for one loved Fi. It seems a lot of people didn't though. I found her entire character to be fascinating. The way she spoke, they way her physical character was designed made me curious. at some points she was the reason i came back to play, because i wanted to learn who Fi was. Unfortunately many of my questions about her were left unanswered in the end. I actually became so attached to her character that SPOILER when she left i became very sad. SPOILER END

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

AuthorMessage

Kagamine

1,825. Posted:

fishman100 wrote:

SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT!
I have a question, but for those of you who haven't finished the game, SPOILER ALERT!

[size=50]At the end of the game when Zelda gives one of her bracelets to Impa and then returns to the present, she sees Impa wearing the bracelet and Zelda realizes that the old tree-looking person who helped Link and Groose earlier was Impa. When I started Hero Mode, I noticed that Impa (in the present) was wearing the bracelet already. How is this possible?

Also, right before the final battle with Ghirahim, he says he's a "weapon" of..something (I don't remember) and there's a weird viewing of a black sword. Does this mean that he's actually a weapon but personified as a human/demon?[/size]

/spoiler

well im still thinking about the braclet for all the technicalities i believe the "weapon" portion is something i can explain. Basically Ghirahim is like Fi. He is the spirit of the sword, or the sword itself in essence. He is to Demise's sword as Fi is to ours. I can explain further if you want.

Edited on by Kagamine

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

1,826. Posted:

I don't care what anyone says, Fi is awesome. Just wait, years from now everyone will love her. Gamers are a fickle bunch.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

1,827. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

I've gotta say, I'm a bit Sigourney Weaver stumped based on if i should even plunge into Skyward Sword at this time...Considering I have yet to play though ALTTP and OOT. Don't start hucking those radical rocks just yet! :p

I'm guessing it's best if i go through ALTTP on the Wii's VC, and 'then' OOT 3D for the 3DS, and THEN take a trip to Skyward Sword...Otherwise i might have a hard time going back to OOT's traditional controls seeing as how SKyward Sword's look absolutely amazing. Plus Id feel like a complete goober head if i didn't fully experience ALTTP beforehand either.

I'm not chucking rocks, but I'm surprised that you haven't played these two phenomenal games, being the retro gamer you are. Those two games are the best games I've ever played. They will change you...

BTW, add me as a 3DS friend. I'll add you as well. :)

Sadly I was just too into Mario and Mega Man especially during those Retro rompin' hay days. BUT I'll never forget the moment my best friend showed me A Link to the Past. Like Super Mario World it basically makes you say 'Genesis-WHAT?' lol And that's the thing though, I never once played ALTTP, yet instead i watched my friend trudge through it here and there and it was flat out magical and awe-worthy. left a bit of an SNES dent in the old wavesters noggin and for good reason. B-) Super Mario World had the same effect on me as well X10, but i experienced that one from beginning to end, hell who hasn't?

Anyways, LOZ and Zelda II were the ones i played the most back in 8-bit RetroTransleMania. B-) Sadly, i was never quite into long adventure-like games. Then again I just never gave most of them a chance. :p Super Metroid was another i practically missed out on aside from watching my friend play 30 or so minutes of it. Regardless, the beginning of SM stuck with me.

But I'm still kicking myself over missing out on ALTTP and Super Mertroid, 2 of the most amazing games in videogame history that practically escaped me. :p And Ocarina of time, but i was on and off with the N64 and practically glued to the playstation which i also somewhat regret.

Anyways, at least they will be new and fresh experiences....Yeesh and i call myself a gamer. slap* But what i am happy about is experiencing Kid Icarus back when i was 5 years old, I hold that game dearl to my heart. Besides it's got a bit of semi-zelda in it regarding the Dungeon gameplay...Or it's familar in the sense and ALOT harder.....Plus there isn't one enemy in Zelda history that's got 'anything' on the Egg Plant Wizards hehe.

Anyways! I just added you on the 3DS, add me back! B-)

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Fuzzy

1,828. Posted:

I love everything about the sand sea area. It's some of the most fun I've had in a Zelda game.

Also, bug collecting is way more fun than it has any right to be.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

AuthorMessage

Knux

1,829. Posted:

I have just beaten this game, and holy eff was it awesome. Everything about Skyward Sword screamed perfection. It's one of the best Zelda games I've ever played (not saying it is the best). I'm now a bigger Zelda fanboy than ever before. Buy this game (if you haven't already)...NOW.

I'll come back to Skyward Sword later for Hero Mode.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

1,830. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I don't care what anyone says, Fi is awesome. Just wait, years from now everyone will love her. Gamers are a fickle bunch.

She also has GREAT LEGS! Just had to point that out! :O I'm a leg man, so she gets bonus points there!

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

1,831. Posted:

The only thing I dislike about Fi: "Master, you're hearts are low." As if the ringing wasn't enough.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

grenworthshero

1,832. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

yeeahh--no. Everyone still hates Navi.

Fi is worse.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
3DS Code: 3823-8687-7682
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--Facebook--last.fm

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

AuthorMessage

Knux

1,833. Posted:

Fi is a million times better than Navi and Midna. How can anyone dislike her astounds me. :O

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Cia

1,834. Posted:

Fi was an interesting character, but her constant interruptions are starting to get really annoying at second playthrough. This, and the slowness of picking up a new minor treasure are the two greatest flaws of this game.

Cia

AuthorMessage

shadowkaby

1,835. Posted:

I have a mixed relationship with Fi, she was great during cutscenes and had more character than either Navi or Midna, but in the actual gameplay she was as useless as a Goron in water...I disliked her constant chatter about enemies which gave NO HELP WHATSOEVER(at least NAvi said, use your shield or something)...but all in all, she was a good character...

3DS FC: 1203-9406-3050
MK7, Re:R, everything 3DS!

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,836. Posted:

Knux wrote:

Fi is a million times better than Navi and Midna. How can anyone dislike her astounds me. :O

I know right? Someone having a different opinion than you must be devastating.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

1,837. Posted:

Midna's the best. Fi & Navi are okay. Sometimes Fi and Navi try to tell you something completely pointless.

Vincent294

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

1,838. Posted:

@shadowkaby DARN YOU! Spoiler alert RIGHT before the thing. Put several rows of space! I don't scroll down one row at a time, and I know nobody who scrolls one row at a time. UGH. Just great. Edit it before someone else has this happen to them. Please, save the spoiler from reaching others.
EDIT: See my post on the next page for how to avoid massive spoilers. I never would have guessed what you have to do. Sorry if this was too harsh.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

AuthorMessage

shadowkaby

1,839. Posted:

IM SO SORRY I THOUGHT I ADDED LIKE 12 SPACES!!!! STUPID NEW KEYBOARD!!!!SORRY!!!!

AuthorMessage

shadowkaby

1,840. Posted:

Now I feel like a mega jerk....