Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 1,801 to 1,820 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

Terave

1,801. Posted:

I completed everything in 50 hours exactly. It was a wonderful adventure... however, for the next Zelda, I'd like to see a big world again, and not two parallel from each other.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,802. Posted:

I got that same email. I'm not turning in any of my Zelda games ever again! I think I now one like 10-12 different Zelda games.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Rensch

1,803. Posted:

There is an annoying amount of fetch quests in the game and I didn't like the lack of an open-ended world. That's why it is not the Ocarina of Time beater for me. I'm not sure about the graphics. The Cezanne-esque effect looks really artsy, the worlds are colourful and the characters look great, but it appears that they tried to compromise between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Those games' graphics are too different to compromise, though, and more often than not, it's inconsistent.

LOVED the 1:1 sword fights, though. The Ghirahim battles were really deep.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

SuperToad

1,804. Posted:

fishman100 wrote:

-Um, what happened to Link and the Item Check girl once he reunited with Zelda?

She committed suicide.

SuperToad

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,805. Posted:

For you guys with the Zelda soundtrack in your iTunes:

Untitled

Whipped that up using assets from the Zelda symphony site.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

1,806. Posted:

grumblebuzzz wrote:

the game starts out a little too slow for my taste.

At least you don't have to spend the first hour of the game as a Deku sprout.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,807. Posted:

I'm with you pixelman on track 3. It gets me so pumped!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,808. Posted:

Here's another version that looks a bit less flat.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,809. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

grumblebuzzz wrote:

the game starts out a little too slow for my taste.

At least you don't have to spend the first hour of the game as a Deku sprout.

Still a more credible hero than Link in the first hour of this game :p

I liked how Zelda was portrayed but man did Link look pathetic at the beginning.

oh yeah, and one of the reasons people probably confuse Zelda with RPGs is that most RPGs have equally bad first 1 or 2 hours.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

_mikero_

1,810. Posted:

Not sure if this has been posted, but I thought this was pretty cool :P

Edited on by _mikero_

_mikero_

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

1,811. Posted:

Dat skydive! Ugh, tep tep tep tep!!!

Funniest Zelda scene ever! Nintendo needs to bring back Groose in the future!

Edited on by FluttershyGuy

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

Chucko

1,812. Posted:

Just started the game yesterday. The first thing I did was use the toilet in the Knight's Academy.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, would you kindly?

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

1,813. Posted:

I enjoyed the first few hours of the game, it has a great atmosphere.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,814. Posted:

Chucko wrote:

Just started the game yesterday. The first thing I did was use the toilet in the Knight's Academy.

Your going to wish you never sat on that toilet later on. Trust me! LOL!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Cia

1,815. Posted:

Does anyone else here hate those ChuChus? I love the game but those things make me mad (especially the electric ones).

Cia

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,816. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Chucko wrote:

Why?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Link-Hero

1,817. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Chucko wrote:

Why?

You'll see later on. :P

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

1,818. Posted:

Link-Hero wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Chucko wrote:

Why?

You'll see later on. :P

I AM THE GREAT MIGHTY POO!! :P

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

1,819. Posted:

I finished it this morning, so I'm just going to list some general thoughts (mostly good mixed with some very minor quibbles).

-I'm not sure yet where I think it fits into my personal (and somewhat amorphous) rankings of the series, but I know that I had a blast with it and that it didn't overtake my favorite (Majora's Mask).
-The new controls and attempts to mix up the overworld structure were largely successful and well-implemented, in my eyes. They really went a long way towards making Skyward Sword feel fresh. Same goes for the new races and characters.
-Fi, though, is my least favorite of Link's 3D companions. She's like Navi, but with almost no personality, less useful advice and even more nagging.
-I was a fan of the art style going into it, and saw nothing that made me change that opinion throughout the course of the game.
-The dungeon design was particularly strong throughout, but I loved, loved, loved the desert dungeons. They're some of favorites in the entire series (and I've played them all).
-I definitely felt like there was some padding here and there in that final stretch, but at least it was mostly fun padding. Unlike TWW's late fetch quests...
-I'm not sure what was the point of all of those wallet upgrades. By the time I acquired the final one, I'd already bought every new item and upgrade.
-Bug hunting was unexpectedly exhilirating.
-I can't believe it took us this long to have an orchestrated Zelda. It fits the series like a glove.

Faron wrote:

Does anyone else here hate those ChuChus? I love the game but those things make me mad (especially the electric ones).

The ChuChus could be annoying at times, but it took me more attempts than I care to admit before I could get the hang of fighting Staldras.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,820. Posted:

I've gotta say, I'm a bit Sigourney Weaver stumped based on if i should even plunge into Skyward Sword at this time...Considering I have yet to play though ALTTP and OOT. Don't start hucking those radical rocks just yet! :p

I'm guessing it's best if i go through ALTTP on the Wii's VC, and 'then' OOT 3D for the 3DS, and THEN take a trip to Skyward Sword...Otherwise i might have a hard time going back to OOT's traditional controls seeing as how SKyward Sword's look absolutely amazing. Plus Id feel like a complete goober head if i didn't fully experience ALTTP beforehand either.

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!