Forums

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 1,905

Cia

The swordplay controls were better than other game, namely Demon's Souls, what i'm playing right now. And DS has pretty damn good controls. Actually, SS combat mechanics are better than in any game, but just DO NOT WAGGLE. This is no Twilight Princess. Also, i have no idea why anyone would stand up while playing an adventure that took me 70 hours to finish.

Cia

kkslider5552000

The controls remind me of The World Ends With You. It's some of the most ambitious use of the 21st century controls and arguably the best ever...but while it's often better than normal controls, it also has more flaws than if it had more traditional controls.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Vincent294

@shadowkaby Good job on removing the spoiler. Sorry if I sounded harsh, but I didn't like that massive spoiler. 12 spaces? Well, I guess your keyboard was acting funky (I figured it out, see EDIT: at bottom). Well, good job. Accidents happen. Here's an idea:
Standard Spoiler Alert:

Spoiler Alert

(Type this by putting 2 =s around *Spoiler Alert [second asterisk after Spoiler Alert too])
(See the five lines of space?)
Spoiler
(type this by putting the spoiler in between (del) & (/del) [use brackets instead of parenthesis])
(see the extra 3 lines of space?)

Spoiler Alert Ahead!

EDIT: Ah, I get it, when you put too many lines of space, NLife shortens it. Put . in each extra line of space.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Chrono_Cross

Magic-Wind wrote:

No the control's are fine. I bet that those people played it lying down. AND if the controls WERE bad it wouldn't have gotten a 10/10.

No.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

LordTendoboy

@VincentV

Like this?

(you don't need the asterisks * just the = = )

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

lonlon-milker

You know u like skyward sword when you name your minecraft server grooseland

HadukroPUNCH= awesome battle cry

GrooseMarioFan

Read this article
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2012/01/allegories-in-architectur...

Although it is a long one, I think it's a beautiful article, and it's amazing how much Nintendo put into this game. I can't believe that the story of this dungeon goes that far back.

And here's his second article (it's a bit shorter), which fixes mistakes he said in the first one, and talks about new things.

I think they were both very well written. What do you think of these cool articles?

Edited on by GrooseMarioFan

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4747-2365 (Tell me if you add me)
Fav. Wii game: Skyward Sword
3DS game: Mario Kart 7
eShop game: Pushmo
Gamecube game: Wind Waker & Super Mario Sunshine
N64 game: Ocarina of Time & Conker
Proud owner of an Aqua Blue Ambassador 3DS :...

Kagamine

@VincentV Thats way to excessive, one Spoiler Alert in BOLD is plenty with 1 -2 lines of space. I dont know anybody that reads more than one line at a time so spoilers are easily avoidable if you use this thing called your brain. Also a spoiler end in bold at the end aswell, i usually just put my spoilers in the text with no spaces and nobody complains... some people are such whiners...

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

paburrows

GrooseMarioFan wrote:

Read this article

Although it is a long one, I think it's a beautiful article, and it's amazing how much Nintendo put into this game. I can't believe that the story of this dungeon goes that far back.

And here's his second article (it's a bit shorter), which fixes mistakes he said in the first one, and talks about new things.

I think they were both very well written. What do you think of these cool articles?

I would say that its a mix of a number of cultures, the earth Temple looked Indian (India) to me and the Skyview Temple reminded me of Mayan Temples a little.

Edited on by paburrows

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

GrooseMarioFan

paburrows wrote:

GrooseMarioFan wrote:

Read this article

I would say that its a mix of a number of cultures, the earth Temple looked Indian (India) to me and the Skyview Temple reminded me of Mayan Temples a little.

Yeah, the Earth Temple did look like it was from India, and I thought the Fire Sanctuary was very Chinese-looking, with all the dragons and stuff.

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4747-2365 (Tell me if you add me)
Fav. Wii game: Skyward Sword
3DS game: Mario Kart 7
eShop game: Pushmo
Gamecube game: Wind Waker & Super Mario Sunshine
N64 game: Ocarina of Time & Conker
Proud owner of an Aqua Blue Ambassador 3DS :...

retired_account

SPOILERS

Just beat it. I absolutely loved it, had a great ending. The final boss was awesome but annoying, mostly due to the controls, but what'ev. I looooved how they set it up for ALTTP. That was so cool!

Edit: Looking at the timeline they apparently didn't. wtf? That is so the lost woods! Guess I need to finish The Minish Cap, haha.

The controls DO have issues. Stabs don't get registered sometimes, swipes are offset by up to 90 degrees in hectic fights. ftr, I was sitting on a swivel chair square in front of the TV 100% of the time.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

kkslider5552000

pixelman wrote:

Stabs don't get registered sometimes

I know I've done something different for always successful stabs vs. hit or miss stabs but I still have no idea what honestly.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LordJumpMad

kkslider5552000 wrote:

The controls remind me of The World Ends With You.

I don't know how you came up with that, they play nothing a like.
I hated the controls of TWEwY, comparing it to SkywardSword is more of an insult to the game's gameplay.
SkywardSword gameplay is the only good thing about the game other then its blane story telling.
Thats one thing they both have in common.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Cia

GrooseMarioFan wrote:

Read this article

It's just amazing. I wonder if Nintendo has done this kind of thing with some other Zeldas too?

Cia

chiwii

I have a question for those who played Skyward Sword and also played Red Steel 2 - how does the combat in SS compare to the combat in RS2? RS2 has some great controls, but I think that the combat gets kind of tedious. Halfway through the game, I started to dread encountering a group of 4-7 enemies, with each enemy requiring multiple strikes. It was also hard to remember the more complex controls if I didn't play the game for a few weeks. Did you experience these issues with SS?

chiwii

WiiWareWave

I'm disappointed at how short this game is.
Twilight Princess was easily twice as long, but Skyward Sword is still the better game.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Kagamine

chiwii wrote:

I have a question for those who played Skyward Sword and also played Red Steel 2 - how does the combat in SS compare to the combat in RS2? RS2 has some great controls, but I think that the combat gets kind of tedious. Halfway through the game, I started to dread encountering a group of 4-7 enemies, with each enemy requiring multiple strikes. It was also hard to remember the more complex controls if I didn't play the game for a few weeks. Did you experience these issues with SS?

I personally loved RS2's combat, and i think SS improved it vastly. I think the mahor difference is that SS is zoomed out and not First Person. You can always see what is around you at all times and that makes it easier. Also all the sword maneuveurs are simple and feel natural. There is no memorizing kill combos or such. The combat is simple and enemy hordes don't get frustrating at all. Don't Listen to all the people complaining about controls, they are the best controls i have ever felt in a Wii game, and are very responsive. Never had any trouble with it. (Maybe because i was used to the touchyness and such of RS2, idk)

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

retired_account

chiwii wrote:

None of those issues apply. The only problem is that the controls occasionally get decalibrated and Link doesn't do anything even remotely to what you're doing IRL. If you have enough recovery items to provide a cushion for when that happens, it's not a terrible problem — just annoying.

One thing you'll notice is that RS2 requires more force to get a swing to work. Skyward Sword is extremely sensitive comparatively.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

chiwii

@bossmank - thanks! If I haven't played RS2 in a while, I have to look through the manual to review the combos. I really need to look up the correct way to parry the red strikes online. I can't remember, and it isn't in the manual. I'm glad to hear that this isn't an issue in SS.

@pixelman - thanks! In RS2, I hate seeing a number of enemies with armor approaching, because each of those guys will need some strong strikes just to get the armor off. I can't imagine having to do that through a 40 hour game! I'm glad to hear it's not an issue with SS.

chiwii

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.