Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 181 to 200 of 1,935

AuthorMessage

Klapaucius

181. Posted:

I was more wanting to know its place compared to Twilight Princess, and even Wind Waker, but okay

Klapaucius

AuthorMessage

Punny

182. Posted:

Klapaucius wrote:

I was more wanting to know its place compared to Twilight Princess, and even Wind Waker, but okay

I believe Skyward Sword comes before Twilight Princess and waaaaay before The Wind Waker.

I'm back (for the moment)!

AuthorMessage

Klapaucius

183. Posted:

PunnyGuy wrote:

Klapaucius wrote:

I believe Skyward Sword comes before Twilight Princess and waaaaay before The Wind Waker.

I'll come to a conclusion when I've played/seen more of Skyward Sword :P

Klapaucius

AuthorMessage

Winslow

184. Posted:

one thing that really amazed me was the 1:1 sword WHILE link was walking.
I thought it would just be for combat...
just imagine......twisting a key to open a door......

3DS Friend Code:
5198-2526-6139

AuthorMessage

Adam

185. Posted:

I can imagine twisting a key to open a door pretty easily. Being excited about it is more difficult.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Faron

186. Posted:

Here is a collection of quotes concerning the timeline from the makers of Zelda games.
http://www.zeldawiki.org/Timeline_Quotes

Faron

AuthorMessage

Adam

187. Posted:

Just saw on Kotaku that Aonuma has confirmed the game as taking place before Ocarina of Time, for the one or two people who care about Zelda's pseudo-chronology.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Mizore

188. Posted:

I just wanna use the bow and arrow in that game. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

Adam

189. Posted:

I was hoping the crossbow would make it into this game. I don't like when spin-offs are made then cast aside without letting any of their ideas expand the main series. But archery in Resort was fun, so I can't complain.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

JebbyDeringer

190. Posted:

I hope the game features less useless stuff than TP. A lot of the weapons in TP were rarely needed and redundant. There's no point to the slingshot when there's a bow especially when you get the bow so soon after. Link should have multiple attachments for his sword instead =p An upgradeable sword with up to 3 extra attachments of your choice.

JebbyDeringer

AuthorMessage

TLOZfreak

191. Posted:

Meh... Not impressed.. The series has seen a decline in quality since they released the minish cap.. dont get me wrong, I like minish cap and twilight princess.. but they just ditched key elements of the series making the games feel incomplete.. and both DS games suck balls when you compare them to their GB and GBC counterpars

TLOZfreak

AuthorMessage

Adam

192. Posted:

I agree about the slingshot, Jebby, though wasn't it shown in the menu of the Skyward Sword demo?

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Machu

193. Posted:

Need. Zelda. Now! D:

Oh, and comment 189 made me LOL. :D sshhh

Rawr!

AuthorMessage

Toonlink97

194. Posted:

I don't get why people hate the art style so much. It should smooth the game out to the point where it doesn't look aged 2 years after it comes out. Look at both The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess in HD (search them up on Youtube in 1080p). Twilight Princess looks blocky, and is easy to see that it is a Gamecube game. However, The Wind Waker shines on as though it's been released as a 360 game 3 years ago.

Skyward Sword has nothing wrong with it (my only gripe is the fact that they didn't create another model) and people are over exaggerating. The reason I haven't felt amazed by Zelda for a long time is due to the fans reluctance to allow the series to grow. Ocarina changed the system to having wonderful gameplay mechanics. If Zelda fans back then had been arguing about staying with the same crap, we'd be playing nothing but 2D Zelda games. The Wind Waker evolved Zelda to a more cinematic game, with a big story, wonderful music and art style, and creativity with its items and such, that couldn't be replicated before. Then Nintendo listened to its fans, and released Twilight Princess, a game that brought nearly NOTHING to the table. Whereas Ocarina started all 3D games, Majora's Mask created characters with actual lives, The Wind Waker brought a large story and music, Twilight Princess brought NOTHING. Are you telling me you want ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE?

Mario has evolved. A LOT. Why can't Zelda do the same?

Games I'm Looking Foward To Most -

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Okamiden
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Kid Icarus Uprising

AuthorMessage

hylianhalcyon

195. Posted:

I found a few things on GoNintendo. One is a quote from Aonuma about bringing new elements to the series.
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=131050
The really interesting part of it is when he says "This time there are larger fields and dungeons that don’t really feel like dungeons or fields..."

The other thing I found is a list of things that are supposedly going to be in the September issue of Nintendo Power regarding Skyward Sword.
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=131227

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

AuthorMessage

ReddLionz

196. Posted:

I'm not insightful enough to catch all of these problems with the art styles of Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword that you all are. I think they all look great, as long as they keep it different each time.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

AuthorMessage

Adam

197. Posted:

Regarding Hylian's two links...

The first link was covered months ago on this site and others, though maybe this is just a recent quote reiterating what he said before. Nevertheless, it's this comment that has me most excited about the game, moreso perhaps than even the art style, which I love.

The writer's comment makes me laugh.

"I am a little worried about Skyward Sword. Nintendo has to introduce enough 'new' ideas into the game to please Zelda fans that want something fresh, but they can't take away too much of what makes it a Zelda game. Striking that balance may not be something Nintendo can achieve the first time out."

First time out? This is what has to be done with every sequel ever, not even just Nintendo. Why people make a big deal about it for Zelda particularly, I don't know.

As for the second link, the beetle racing sounds like a nice side attraction. It is certainly an interesting item.

I really disagree with him about voice acting not fitting the series though. I think this is just a case of Nintendo being afraid to embrace the times, as they've been slow to make a strong online presence. I just hope if they are going to continue casting Silence on their characters that they put less and less dialog in the game. The better a game looks, the more annoying it is to scroll through line after line of text. The game shouldn't have modern graphics and yet live in the stone age when it comes to dialog.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

hylianhalcyon

198. Posted:

I do slightly remember the topic of the first link being covered a while ago, so I think it was just him reiterating it. Even so, I found it to be a pretty interesting quote and I'm quite looking forward to how they change up the field to dungeon formula.

I'd really like to see Zelda at least go the route of Metroid Prime 3 regarding voice acting, and have everyone but Link talk. So yeah, I'm kinda disappointed that there won't be any in Skyward Sword.

Edited on by hylianhalcyon

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

AuthorMessage

Adam

199. Posted:

That's exactly what I'd like. Link doesn't need to talk. But if they're still going to force us through boring dialog, at least spice it up with some good acting -- which we know Nintendo's capable of (see Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn's cut scenes for more information).

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

romulux

200. Posted:

Adam wrote:

I really disagree with him about voice acting not fitting the series though. I think this is just a case of Nintendo being afraid to embrace the times

i can't imagine any voice acting working in a zelda game. they have a fairy tale feel to them that's made stronger by reading the dialog, almost like a playable story book. the characters emote and make little sounds as you read, so it still feels like they're speaking to you without really doing it.

what's really wrong with the way it works now, anyway? why take something with a unique charm and replace it with the same thing every other game is doing, simply because every other game is doing it? i don't think voice acting is mandatory any more than orchestral scores or 3D polygons; just because many games have made those advancements doesn't mean you can't still make sidescrollers or use midi if that's what suits a game best.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174