Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 1,781 to 1,800 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,781. Posted:

romulux wrote:

not all of the crystals are in skyloft, terave... have you been to beedle's island/pumpkin place at night?

I need two more crystals. How do you get to beedles island at night?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

1,782. Posted:

romulux wrote:

'd be fine if they took the red steel 2 route and made the sensitivity low so that you had to swing hard for a strike to register, that way there'd be a clear distinction between little positioning movements/windbacks and full on swings.

Come on back to reality. The Red Steel 2 route is telling everyone you made a Wii Motion Plus game when you secretly didn't.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

SLiM

1,783. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

romulux wrote:

not all of the crystals are in skyloft, terave... have you been to beedle's island/pumpkin place at night?

I need two more crystals. How do you get to beedles island at night?

Inside Beedle's shop, there is a bed right next to the sales table. Sleep until night and you will wake up at his island.

Edited on by SLiM

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7489-4974
NNID: SLiM33

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,784. Posted:

@Odnetnin The bomb controls are still perfect. >.<

@romulux Yeah, you nailed it. I wasn't a big fan of RS2 but at least I don't remember having any problems with the controls. And yeah, I've been trying the flick strategy for awhile; having a bit more luck, but it's still annoying. Guess I just need to spend more time getting used to it.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Fuzzy

1,785. Posted:

Got to Lake Floria. Swimming around all Free-Willy style.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

AuthorMessage

Terave

1,786. Posted:

romulux wrote:

I have, but I could've missed one..

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,787. Posted:

OK so I beat this game last night. This will be my thought on the game so there will be SPOILERS EVERYWHERE! If you haven't beat the game yet MOVE ALONG PEOPLE THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

I want to start with the graphics. It wasn't till the very end did I realize just how well the graphics look in this game. It fit the style perfectly for what Nintendo was going for. The last scene with demise was one of the most beautiful scenes I've seen in any video game to date. Demise was a final boss I didn't expect and just looked fantastic! The last scene just looked so good but that's not to say the rest of the game didn't. I just was so busy playing it and didn't really notice the graphics as much. Once I got a chance to just sit back and enjoy the ending I got a chance to really see how great this game looks. I will always trust Nintendo to make Zelda look good no matter what direction they take the series in the future. I'm looking at you Wind Waker haters!! Beautiful end sequence really brought the game together nicely!

Next will be the bosses. I think this was the most fun I've had with the bosses in any Zelda game. Minus the rehash of one of them (although at least he didn't look like a sissy in his last form). They were the most fun but were they the best for me. That's hard to say but I like the interaction with these bosses better then any other Zelda. Some might be easy but still fun none the less! As for the other enemies they weren't anything special and to many were just rehashes with different colors.

The next thing I would like to comment on is the dungeons. First of all I like to say great job on the final dungeon Nintendo! A throw back to the classics with a twist! Ingenious! ! I to do believe the dungeons were a bit shorter but your kidding yourself if you didn't add the fact all the stuff you did leading up to the dungeon entrance wasn't part of that dungeon (Demon I'm looking at you). Never before has there been so much to do before you get there. For me that adds to the dungeons length greatly. I still believe twilight princess has the best dungeons of the series but this game was well thought out.

Then comes the gameplay. Not the controls. That will come later. I actually liked the sailing in Wind Waker more then the flying in this game. Yes it was faster but wasn't as much to do. Skyloft was a good central place to make your adventure click. Its been a while since Nintendo has had just one town in a Zelda game and this worked well. Still with a lot to do I would've like more towns to explore. I hope the future Zelda games start introducing many more towns to explore. I think as with most Zelda games the jump animation looks bad however the run animation really looks good. When full on sprint it just looks down right good. The double wall kick also was a very good idea. At first I wasn't sure it was a Zelda game LOL! The flying actually took me some time to get use to but once I figured it out it was a breeze. Dowsing was OK I guess. By the end of the game I really didn't want to look for anything anymore anyways and was happy to dows for it by then.

Next is the controls. I think they worked really well as long as you remains calm in your movements. I never really had a problem with the direction I was aiming. If I did often times I would look at my angle of my arm and realize it was my fault it wasn't swinging right. Most enemies took advantage of this and made each new enemy a new puzzle to unlock. When the controls work right they really work well. I do wish they use pointer controls however for anything related to arrows or even the beatle. Would have made that much easier.

Overall thoughts of this game. I thought the game was way to linear. It holds your hand way to much. Next outing I would like the option to explore more freely. The game is just the right size. After about 2/3 or the way through I had upgraded all I could and nothing really more to do so once again not much to spend your well earned rupies on. I mean who needs a purse to go up all the way to 9000!? If they had made potions cost more then maybe it makes more sense in the end. I do however like the upgrading system and hope they take it even further in the next go around. Most zeldas for me get a 10/10 and this one is no different. I still like some better then others but as my favorite franchise I can't nit pick to much. Its the overall experience that I'm looking for and this game delivers! I love how at the end they showed what zelda was doing as you were searching for her. Great ending btw. Will go down as one of the best for me!

I wont probably play hero mode for a long time now since I'm zelda-ed out however I never finished Majoras Mask so I might make that the next Zelda game I now play. Thanks for your time!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,788. Posted:

nice rundown, tech. i agree about the flying/sky not being as good as it could have been. sailing in windwaker was tedious sometimes but it was always pleasant to watch at least, you don't get that relaxing quality in this game when you're flapping bird wings wildly the whole time. it also would have been nice to have a few islands with legitimate reasons to explore beyond goddess cube chests. still a great game with a great story, can't wait to see the next one(s) on wii u and 3DS

Tech101 wrote:

I never finished Majoras Mask

say what!? you've been playing 800 hours of goldeneye without having finished the best zelda ever? i don't know if you have the original cart of the virtual console version, but the VC version runs at twice the original n64 resolution and looks amazing. not as good as ocarina of time 3D, but still pretty good. definitely worth the ten bucks even if you have the cart already

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Blaze

1,789. Posted:

Trying Hero Mode, and I'll tell you one thing. It's hard! XD

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage

Terave

1,790. Posted:

I found all of the loose Gratitude Crystals, I've just missed 2 side quests. :P

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

1,791. Posted:

has anyone noticed this issue I'm having with the bamboo cutting minigame? the game costs ten rupees to play, but the guy won't let me play if I have less than twenty, this happening to anyone else? I presume it'd be a glitch... if need be I can take a picture for proof

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

1,792. Posted:

YashaTheSlayer wrote:

has anyone noticed this issue I'm having with the bamboo cutting minigame? the game costs ten rupees to play, but the guy won't let me play if I have less than twenty, this happening to anyone else? I presume it'd be a glitch... if need be I can take a picture for proof

YES YES YES! I've long wondered why no one else has mentioned this. He wouldn't let me play when I had 18 rupees.

I've finally beaten the game. It took me over 50 hours to beat it 100%, just like Twilight Princess. When I look back on my adventure I'm filled with that inexplicable feeling that only Zelda games can leave you with. You know what I mean? The ending brought it all together in an amazingly epic and poignant way. I've also been listening to my favorite music pieces in the game lately. "Romance in the Air" and "Fi's Gratitude / Fi's Farewell" are amazing pieces. Have a listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7egFhuObEo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEbFLSfHqQ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DAJBU4Wtqg&feature=related

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

fishman100

1,793. Posted:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

Agreed. I can't believe that there are no recovery hearts in Hero Mode. It's a little ridiculous but at least you can have 5 (instead of the usual 4) bottles.
Also I was looking forward to having everything reversed like OoT 3D's Hero Mode...but unfortunately it's not mirrored.

Edited on by fishman100

Go make some new disaster
That's what I'm counting on...
You're someone else's problem
Now I only want you gone
Now I only want you gone...

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,794. Posted:

fishman100 wrote:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

Agreed. I can't believe that there are no recovery hearts in Hero Mode. It's a little ridiculous but at least you can have 5 (instead of the usual 4) bottles.
Also I was looking forward to having everything reversed like OoT 3D's Hero Mode...but unfortunately it's not mirrored.

But there are those stools you can sit on to replenish your health, and there are fairies to put in bottles. Right?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

fishman100

1,795. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

fishman100 wrote:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

But there are those stools you can sit on to replenish your health, and there are fairies to put in bottles. Right?

Yes, but the stools don't appear that much anyways and neither do the fairies. Plus the fairies only recover 6 of your hearts, which becomes somewhat pointless as you progress through the game and gain more life.

Go make some new disaster
That's what I'm counting on...
You're someone else's problem
Now I only want you gone
Now I only want you gone...

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,796. Posted:

fishman100 wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

fishman100 wrote:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

Yes, but the stools don't appear that much anyways and neither do the fairies. Plus the fairies only recover 6 of your hearts, which becomes somewhat pointless as you progress through the game and gain more life.

Fairies were quite plentiful in Ocarina of Time. There was at least 1 fairy fountain in every area, which made the game less difficult that it should have been.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

1,797. Posted:

fishman100 wrote:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

According to my strategy guide, you can get 5 bottles in the normal mode. I only got four, but I think I missed the one in the Fire Sanctuary. If it's true you can only get four in normal mode then that's good, because that was the only thing I thought I missed.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

1,798. Posted:

ZeroX wrote:

There just doesn't seem to be anything special in Hero Mode compared to the Master Quest of Oot 3D

Yeah, Hero Mode was a let down. It's just a higher difficulty setting. Most games don't require you to unlock that option.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Terave

1,799. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

fishman100 wrote:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

According to my strategy guide, you can get 5 bottles in the normal mode. I only got four, but I think I missed the one in the Fire Sanctuary. If it's true you can only get four in normal mode then that's good, because that was the only thing I thought I missed.

There are 5 bottles in Normal mode, I've found them all 5. So you have definitely missed one.

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

1,800. Posted:

GameStop just sent me an email offering me $30 guaranteed in-store credit on trading in SS, even though they don't monitor the address that they send those emails from, I'm tempted to reply 'HELL NO!!!'

NX01Trekkie1992