Forums

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 1,905

Terave

I found all of the loose Gratitude Crystals, I've just missed 2 side quests.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

NX01Trekkie1992

has anyone noticed this issue I'm having with the bamboo cutting minigame? the game costs ten rupees to play, but the guy won't let me play if I have less than twenty, this happening to anyone else? I presume it'd be a glitch... if need be I can take a picture for proof

NX01Trekkie1992

SamuraiShyGuy

YashaTheSlayer wrote:

has anyone noticed this issue I'm having with the bamboo cutting minigame? the game costs ten rupees to play, but the guy won't let me play if I have less than twenty, this happening to anyone else? I presume it'd be a glitch... if need be I can take a picture for proof

YES YES YES! I've long wondered why no one else has mentioned this. He wouldn't let me play when I had 18 rupees.

I've finally beaten the game. It took me over 50 hours to beat it 100%, just like Twilight Princess. When I look back on my adventure I'm filled with that inexplicable feeling that only Zelda games can leave you with. You know what I mean? The ending brought it all together in an amazingly epic and poignant way. I've also been listening to my favorite music pieces in the game lately. "Romance in the Air" and "Fi's Gratitude / Fi's Farewell" are amazing pieces. Have a listen:

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

fishman100

MiracleBlaze wrote:

Trying Hero Mode, and I'll tell you one thing. It's hard! XD

Agreed. I can't believe that there are no recovery hearts in Hero Mode. It's a little ridiculous but at least you can have 5 (instead of the usual 4) bottles.
Also I was looking forward to having everything reversed like OoT 3D's Hero Mode...but unfortunately it's not mirrored.

Edited on by fishman100

Go make some new disaster
That's what I'm counting on...
You're someone else's problem
Now I only want you gone
Now I only want you gone...

LordTendoboy

fishman100 wrote:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

Agreed. I can't believe that there are no recovery hearts in Hero Mode. It's a little ridiculous but at least you can have 5 (instead of the usual 4) bottles.
Also I was looking forward to having everything reversed like OoT 3D's Hero Mode...but unfortunately it's not mirrored.

But there are those stools you can sit on to replenish your health, and there are fairies to put in bottles. Right?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

fishman100

LordTendoboy wrote:

fishman100 wrote:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

But there are those stools you can sit on to replenish your health, and there are fairies to put in bottles. Right?

Yes, but the stools don't appear that much anyways and neither do the fairies. Plus the fairies only recover 6 of your hearts, which becomes somewhat pointless as you progress through the game and gain more life.

Go make some new disaster
That's what I'm counting on...
You're someone else's problem
Now I only want you gone
Now I only want you gone...

LordTendoboy

fishman100 wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

fishman100 wrote:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

Yes, but the stools don't appear that much anyways and neither do the fairies. Plus the fairies only recover 6 of your hearts, which becomes somewhat pointless as you progress through the game and gain more life.

Fairies were quite plentiful in Ocarina of Time. There was at least 1 fairy fountain in every area, which made the game less difficult that it should have been.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

SamuraiShyGuy

fishman100 wrote:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

According to my strategy guide, you can get 5 bottles in the normal mode. I only got four, but I think I missed the one in the Fire Sanctuary. If it's true you can only get four in normal mode then that's good, because that was the only thing I thought I missed.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

Gamesake

ZeroX wrote:

There just doesn't seem to be anything special in Hero Mode compared to the Master Quest of Oot 3D

Yeah, Hero Mode was a let down. It's just a higher difficulty setting. Most games don't require you to unlock that option.

...in my pants.

Terave

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

fishman100 wrote:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

According to my strategy guide, you can get 5 bottles in the normal mode. I only got four, but I think I missed the one in the Fire Sanctuary. If it's true you can only get four in normal mode then that's good, because that was the only thing I thought I missed.

There are 5 bottles in Normal mode, I've found them all 5. So you have definitely missed one.

NX01Trekkie1992

GameStop just sent me an email offering me $30 guaranteed in-store credit on trading in SS, even though they don't monitor the address that they send those emails from, I'm tempted to reply 'HELL NO!!!'

NX01Trekkie1992

Terave

I completed everything in 50 hours exactly. It was a wonderful adventure... however, for the next Zelda, I'd like to see a big world again, and not two parallel from each other.

Spoony_Tech

I got that same email. I'm not turning in any of my Zelda games ever again! I think I now one like 10-12 different Zelda games.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Rensch

There is an annoying amount of fetch quests in the game and I didn't like the lack of an open-ended world. That's why it is not the Ocarina of Time beater for me. I'm not sure about the graphics. The Cezanne-esque effect looks really artsy, the worlds are colourful and the characters look great, but it appears that they tried to compromise between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Those games' graphics are too different to compromise, though, and more often than not, it's inconsistent.

LOVED the 1:1 sword fights, though. The Ghirahim battles were really deep.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

SuperToad

fishman100 wrote:

-Um, what happened to Link and the Item Check girl once he reunited with Zelda?

She committed suicide.

SuperToad

retired_account

For you guys with the Zelda soundtrack in your iTunes:

Untitled

Whipped that up using assets from the Zelda symphony site.

retired_account

Gamesake

grumblebuzzz wrote:

the game starts out a little too slow for my taste.

At least you don't have to spend the first hour of the game as a Deku sprout.

...in my pants.

Spoony_Tech

I'm with you pixelman on track 3. It gets me so pumped!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.