Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 1,741 to 1,760 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

1,741. Posted:

EScrooge23 wrote:

It may because I am getting older and less patient, but I found myself very bored with Skyward Sword and traded it in. I felt like I had played this game for multiple years in different guises. Yes I know many game series do this, but it felt very cliche to me. I am not saying it isn't great for others, but I personally didn't catch the bug this time and didn't know if anyone else felt the same about it? I am also new to the site and boards so if someone has expressed this already, my apologies.

That's what I think about quite a few of Nintendo franchises, but not Zelda. That said, playing Skyward Sword makes me wish I was playing Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, or pretty much any other Zelda game instead.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,742. Posted:

the Video Games Awesome folks pointed out that early in the game you should attack one of the Bokolins annoying that Goron, then run away until the Bokolins casually go back to annoying the Goron. It's amazing.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

1,743. Posted:

I don't see how anyone can dislike this game, it is brilliant. The story is believable and immersive, the controls are the best motion control has to offer, and everything is thoughtfully planned and perfectly synchronized to pace the game. I didn't want to leave Skyloft the first time, just because the world established there was so great. I had already become attached to the community, the characters. Truly a great game.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,744. Posted:

Radixxs wrote:

I don't see how anyone can dislike this game, it is brilliant. The story is believable and immersive, the controls are the best motion control has to offer, and everything is thoughtfully planned and perfectly synchronized to pace the game.

nostalgia"fans" nostalgiafa"n"s

"EVERYTHING WAS BETTER WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I'M AN OLD MAN!"

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Kagamine

1,745. Posted:

lonlon-milker wrote:

Has it occured to anyone that Groose and zelda can both do an epic layton/phenix wright point?

I LOVE THAT SCENE! idk why, but it's awesome

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

AuthorMessage

JGMR

1,746. Posted:

Hahaha that is so funny!

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,747. Posted:

I'm doing my 100% hero mode playthrough still. Seriously. What a game. If you just sit back, don't rush and just let the game "happen," it's simply amazing. I spent two hours today just searching for bugs and treasures for upgrades, and had a complete blast.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

1,748. Posted:

There just doesn't seem to be anything special in Hero Mode compared to the Master Quest of Oot 3D

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,749. Posted:

ZeroX wrote:

There just doesn't seem to be anything special in Hero Mode compared to the Master Quest of Oot 3D

Well it just makes everything more balanced. The increased difficulty really forces you to use the upgrade system and potion-crafting, and every heart-piece counts. For me though, I'm enjoying it so much simply because I always enjoy the second playthrough more. I always rush through the first playthrough, then 100% the second. The fact that it's hero mode is mostly coincidence.

Edited on by Kid_A

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,750. Posted:

Has anyone else noticed how similar this is to Metroid Prime 3? Separated areas on the ground (planets) connected with portals in the sky (chart in your ship); revisiting them unlocks new areas when you have new abilities and items; very linear, but challenging puzzles and combat.

Anyway, the only thing I really don't like about it so far is the world feels pretty small in comparison to Twilight Princess — or even Ocarina of Time — and everything is a bit too separated. The motion controls are far from perfect too.
pleeeeease Wii Motion++ Nintendo.

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,751. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

The motion controls are far from perfect too.

compared to literally every other Wii game they aren't

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,752. Posted:

From what I've played so far I agree with pixelman. The controls are mainly the reason I dislike this game as of right now...

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

JustAnotherUser

1,753. Posted:

I love the motion controls, whenever I do get inaccuracies (which is not often) a simple re-calibration is the solution.

JustAnotherUser

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

1,754. Posted:

Why were there not more games like Skyward Sword?! That was probably one of the few games making great usage of the motion controls. If Sonic and the Black Knight motion or had stayed with basic controls instead of using tilt motion, it would have been the best game ever.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,755. Posted:

A lot of times it won't recognize what direction I'm swinging in (it's either the opposite direction or off by around 45 degrees). The problem is if you take your time and make a well-aimed, accurate slash, then the AI anticipates it and blocks you, and if you move fast then it becomes decalibrated quickly and you lose accuracy and get slaughtered. I've found that it's usually easiest to just flail at the baddies without Z-targetting or use your items to take them out painlessly.

Another thing that's driving me crazy is that 90% of the time I have to re-center the pointer on menus or when I'm using the slingshot and beetle. Couldn't they have used IR to do that automatically? It seems like it knows when I'm aiming forward when swimming and flying the beetle, so it's surely not impossible. idgi.

Anyway, finicky controls aside it's a fantastic game.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Chris720

1,756. Posted:

I agree with Pixelman. I've gotten out of the habit of Z-targetting and now I just run in flailing my sword like a mad man, works a treat. Do it slowly and it either doesn't register or it'll go off into the opposite direction, but thrusts have to be slow and precise otherwise it's a horizontal slash.

It's an amazing game but, dang, the controls can mess you up big time. Not to mention I hardly use my shield now, I forget that all I have to do is flick the nunchuk to raise it, but that's just too much effort, might as well flail, run, flail, run and repeat, saves me having to waste money on repairing my stinking shield.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

RogueBologna

1,757. Posted:

JarvanZheitk wrote:

I love the motion controls, whenever I do get inaccuracies (which is not often) a simple re-calibration is the solution.

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,758. Posted:

All I have to say is USER ERROR! Goodbye! ! :-P

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,759. Posted:

@xDemon720x That's another problem; the shields are so brittle that it doesn't make sense to use them. Seriously, they can easily break in a single fight. So I never end up using them except against those deku nut-shooting dudes.

And ofc by the time I could upgrade my iron shield I got to the desert place where it was useless. >_<

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

1,760. Posted:

They only break when you suck at blocking If you use them properly they will rarely break.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX