Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 1,681 to 1,700 of 1,935

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,681. Posted:

Oddy wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Also the bomb bowling controls are fine. You guys are wimps.

Nah. I love the game, but the bomb bowling controls are very imperfect. They've caused me to die in the middle of a boss battle, exploded in my hands, and complicated what could be a simple, easy action by refusing to utilize button presses.

If you're really only as far as I am (like on BL), then there hasn't been a boss battle that required those so far. :P

You just lower your remote and swing forward, lol. I've not had a single case where they didn't go where I wanted them. I guess I just have skills. Or you don't. >:3

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: pixelpowa

AuthorMessage

irken004

1,682. Posted:

Beat the game today, it's great fun.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,683. Posted:

Ok I might be asking this a bit early but where do you get the stuff to upgrade your shield from? I dont like this crappy wooden shield I want me a metal one ASAP.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,684. Posted:

@Tasuki: You can buy an Iron Shield after you beat the first temple. You can upgrade it at the guy who upgrades things... or whatever... He'll give you a list of needed items.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Mizore

1,685. Posted:

lol, crappy wooden shield...you're gonna be wanting to change your mind soon. :p

And about the bomb bowling/throwing, I've never had any issues with it...except during that last temple. (or the temple before that, can't remember...) Where you have to PERFECTLY throw it in this tunnel thing to cause a stupid pillar/wall/whatever thing to fall. >_>
Can't remember how many bombs were wasted in that room...

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,686. Posted:

zezzy wrote:

@Tasuki: You can buy an Iron Shield after you beat the first temple. You can upgrade it at the guy who upgrades things... or whatever... He'll give you a list of needed items.

Ah yeah I saw that you can upgrade the sheild but I was wondering where do I get the items to upgrade it?

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,687. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Ah yeah I saw that you can upgrade the sheild but I was wondering where do I get the items to upgrade it?

It depends on what you need. They're not all found at the same place. If you want to you can look up a guide or something to see where to get certain items, if there's such a thing. I'm not too sure myself.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,688. Posted:

Ok thanks Zezzy didnt know if you had to buy the stuff or find it guess I am still early on in the game where I cant find the stuff.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

1,689. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Ok thanks Zezzy didnt know if you had to buy the stuff or find it guess I am still early on in the game where I cant find the stuff.

The fortune teller tells you what drops certain items if you select "Treasure" :)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,690. Posted:

lz20XX wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

The fortune teller tells you what drops certain items if you select "Treasure" :)

that isn't unlocked until later IIRC

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,691. Posted:

Thanks for that info lz, I had no idea :O

AuthorMessage

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

1,692. Posted:

Can anyone help me out? Fighting Ghirahim for the 3rd (and what I presume the last) time. It's easy to knock him off the platforms at the start, but when I try to hit his gemstone to do damage I can never get the jab to work. It keeps instead doing an upward spin attack instead which is really frustrating! I've done what the controls say, just to thrust the Wii Remote forward but I just can't get it to work, it's really fiddly! Please help, I don't want to end up stuck right at the end of the game! :-(

Edited on by Bacon_Gal_Blaze

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,693. Posted:

yeah, the stab can be like that at times.

There's a specific way you're supposed to do it. Unfortunately, I can't really describe it.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Chris720

1,694. Posted:

Yeah, stabs really don't work in this game... I always find myself doing a horizontal or vertical attack instead. :/

Also, is it me or are the dungeons/temples in Skyward Sword kinda... short? I easily finished Ancient Cistern in under an hour. And the three other dungeons before hand took me around 1hr 30mins to 2hrs each approximately. This is also my first playthrough and I'm not using any walkthroughs, tips or cheats.

Absolutely amazing dungeons and temples, but they just don't seem to last long at all... which is kinda sad really.

Edited on by Chris720

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720

AuthorMessage

Woots

1,695. Posted:

Anybody know how to make it look not horrible on a 4:3 non- HDTV?

I've made a huge mistake.

A wild 3DS Friend Code appears: 0473-7844-8530

Follow me on the Twitter: @Pixel_Flip
Formerly Wooton, Lucario1394, DrWootBerg, etc.

Twitter: Pixel_Flip

AuthorMessage

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

1,696. Posted:

xDemon720x wrote:

Yeah, stabs really don't work in this game... I always find myself doing a horizontal or vertical attack instead. :/

Also, is it me or are the dungeons/temples in Skyward Sword kinda... short? I easily finished Ancient Cistern in under an hour. And the three other dungeons before hand took me around 1hr 30mins to 2hrs each approximately. This is also my first playthrough and I'm not using any walkthroughs, tips or cheats.

Absolutely amazing dungeons and temples, but they just don't seem to last long at all... which is kinda sad really.

Hmmmm, well the Sky Temple (The final one) took me about 2 hours, and I think that was the longest dungeon. I could see many people taking longer though, because there are some really tricky puzzles in there. I just seem to be able to do the hard puzzles easily, and get stuck on some really minor thing like shooting a switch that's above my head. Although, for me it was the Ancient Cistern that took the longest. I think it took me just over 2 and a half because I got stuck and just stupidly wandered around for about an hour searching for nothing in particular. Still, I think SS is my favourite Zelda. My only complaint about the game is the difficult jabs. Something others seem to hate is the art style, but I actually like it. I think it's because I'm playing it on such a tiny screen though. On my 22" HD TV it looks really nice, but I tried it once downstairs on my 42" TV and.... well, yuck. The backgrounds completely blurred out of existence and the textures were so mushy. But honestly, if you people have access to a smaller TV, use it. Skyward Sword looks all the better for it.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

AuthorMessage

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

1,697. Posted:

Wooton wrote:

Anybody know how to make it look not horrible on a 4:3 non- HDTV?

How big? Really anything above 30" and it's pretty much impossible.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

AuthorMessage

Chris720

1,698. Posted:

@MiracleBlaze I hated the art style when it was first revealed at E3, but playing it in person, the art style is really amazing!

My only complaint is the temple length and the controls, they work perfectly, but having to re-center your cursor when it goes tipsy is just annoying, especially during boss fights... why they couldn't have just used the IR sensor I do not know.

And for you guys who haven't figured it out yet, you have to use the remote to aim, not the sensor bar... and to be honest, it works... until it thinks the far left is the centre of the screen. e.e

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720

AuthorMessage

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

1,699. Posted:

xDemon720x wrote:

And for you guys who haven't figured it out yet, you have to use the remote to aim, not the sensor bar... and to be honest, it works... until it thinks the far left is the centre of the screen. e.e

Lol. Thought I was the only one with the sensor bar flying left.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

AuthorMessage

Nintendo6400

1,700. Posted:

xDemon720x wrote:

@MiracleBlaze I hated the art style when it was first revealed at E3, but playing it in person, the art style is really amazing!

My only complaint is the temple length and the controls, they work perfectly, but having to re-center your cursor when it goes tipsy is just annoying, especially during boss fights... why they couldn't have just used the IR sensor I do not know.

Honestly that never bothered me.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling