Forums

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 1,905

RYBlast

I can't believe some people actually like TP more than this game. That game was utter crap compared to its predecessors. Even Minish Cap is better.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

JGMR

Twilight Princess is a masterpiece, but so is Skyward Sword. Skyward Sword exceeded Twilight Princess overall; it's my favorite Zelda game. The dungeons may be smaller in Skyward Sword, contains lesser rooms, but each room has enough to do to keep you as busy as a dungeon containing a lot of rooms.

My Top 3 changed slightly since I finally got myself the fantastic Ocarina Of Time 3D.
1. Skyward Sword
2. Ocarina Of Time 3D
3. A Link To The Past
(4. Twilight Princess ; dropped 3 places...sorry)

With kind regards,

JGMR

SamuraiShyGuy

Sandship is one of my favorite dungeons, quite possibly because of the setting itself being a ship in a sea of sand. The biggest let-down about that dungeon was a lack of actual pirates. Just because bokoblins are on a ship doesn't make them pirates. I'd like to see a greater variety of enemies in the next Zelda game.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

LordTendoboy

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Sandship is one of my favorite dungeons, quite possibly because of the setting itself being a ship in a sea of sand. The biggest let-down about that dungeon was a lack of actual pirates. Just because bokoblins are on a ship doesn't make them pirates. I'd like to see a greater variety of enemies in the next Zelda game.

Agreed. Bokoblins are to Skyward Sword as Deku Scrubs are to Ocarina of Time.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

TKOWL

tendoboy1984 wrote:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Deku Scrubs are not plentiful at all in OoT.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Chris720

vonseux wrote:

xDemon720x wrote:

Wow that was short and boring...

Wow thats a little contradiction...

Not sure how that's a contradiction. The temples/dungeons are short as in very little happens, get your new weapon, get the dungeon map, move on to the boss key. Nintendo did it in a somewhat fun way in Skyward Sword, but when very little happens between getting your new weapon and the boss key then that's when it starts getting boring.

It's basically when very little happens, where it's boiled down to going from one place to the next without much adventuring taking place, that makes it short which in turn makes it kinda boring.

The dungeons just need to be a bit more interesting and have some life in them, a good example of that was the Lanayru Mining Facility, the Timeswitch Stones were a very nice touch and brought in a sort of extra area to the dungeon and had some nice little tunnels to explore in too.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Mandoble

Lets add that the game itself gives you too many clues to figure out the already easy mini puzzles. They added also the gimmicking scan feature to the sword, so you can locate whatever you need without exploring/adventuring. For me this Zelda is far behind TP in all and every aspect that was common for previous Zeldas.
Lets remember here that TP was crafted to satisfy the western market after GCN WW poor sales, and, effectively, the effect was the opposite, TP had impresive sales in the west and weak sales in Japan. It seems they are trying to averagely satisfy everybody with SS mostly these that are playing a Zelda game for first time.

Mandoble

grumblebuzzz

After a somewhat rocky start, me and Skyward Sword are friends now. It did begin WAY too slowly and the controls took me at least 10 hours to even get a partial hang on but once those things have been worked out, I'm enjoying the game a lot. Is it 'the best Zelda ever" like a lot of critics and some fans are saying? Certainly not, but it's not the worst 3D Zelda either and that's cause enough to celebrate since even the worst one (sorry TP fans) had some of the most memorable characters and dungeons of the series.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

EScrooge23

It may because I am getting older and less patient, but I found myself very bored with Skyward Sword and traded it in. I felt like I had played this game for multiple years in different guises. Yes I know many game series do this, but it felt very cliche to me. I am not saying it isn't great for others, but I personally didn't catch the bug this time and didn't know if anyone else felt the same about it? I am also new to the site and boards so if someone has expressed this already, my apologies.

EScrooge23

kkslider5552000

I feel it is dumb to complain about cliches being a bad thing (as everything is cliched) but I get what you are saying.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Aqueous

The Legend of Groose is hard on Hero

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

lonlon-milker

Has it occured to anyone that Groose and zelda can both do an epic layton/phenix wright point?

HadukroPUNCH= awesome battle cry

grumblebuzzz

Freshly-picked Groose's Rosy Rupee Land!

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

luisesteban

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Bokolins are so funny, I can't stop laugfing in the begining of the last battles with all thoose little dumps.

The game is spectacular.

luisesteban

Meta-Rift

EScrooge23 wrote:

It may because I am getting older and less patient, but I found myself very bored with Skyward Sword and traded it in. I felt like I had played this game for multiple years in different guises. Yes I know many game series do this, but it felt very cliche to me. I am not saying it isn't great for others, but I personally didn't catch the bug this time and didn't know if anyone else felt the same about it? I am also new to the site and boards so if someone has expressed this already, my apologies.

That's what I think about quite a few of Nintendo franchises, but not Zelda. That said, playing Skyward Sword makes me wish I was playing Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, or pretty much any other Zelda game instead.

Meta-Rift

kkslider5552000

the Video Games Awesome folks pointed out that early in the game you should attack one of the Bokolins annoying that Goron, then run away until the Bokolins casually go back to annoying the Goron. It's amazing.

Radixxs

I don't see how anyone can dislike this game, it is brilliant. The story is believable and immersive, the controls are the best motion control has to offer, and everything is thoughtfully planned and perfectly synchronized to pace the game. I didn't want to leave Skyloft the first time, just because the world established there was so great. I had already become attached to the community, the characters. Truly a great game.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

kkslider5552000

Radixxs wrote:

I don't see how anyone can dislike this game, it is brilliant. The story is believable and immersive, the controls are the best motion control has to offer, and everything is thoughtfully planned and perfectly synchronized to pace the game.

nostalgia"fans" nostalgiafa"n"s

"EVERYTHING WAS BETTER WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I'M AN OLD MAN!"

Kagamine

lonlon-milker wrote:

Has it occured to anyone that Groose and zelda can both do an epic layton/phenix wright point?

I LOVE THAT SCENE! idk why, but it's awesome

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

JGMR

Hahaha that is so funny!

With kind regards,

JGMR

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.