Forums

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 1,905

Tasuki

Ok thanks Zezzy didnt know if you had to buy the stuff or find it guess I am still early on in the game where I cant find the stuff.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

LzWinky

Tasuki wrote:

Ok thanks Zezzy didnt know if you had to buy the stuff or find it guess I am still early on in the game where I cant find the stuff.

The fortune teller tells you what drops certain items if you select "Treasure"

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

kkslider5552000

lz20XX wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

The fortune teller tells you what drops certain items if you select "Treasure"

that isn't unlocked until later IIRC

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blaze

Can anyone help me out? Fighting Ghirahim for the 3rd (and what I presume the last) time. It's easy to knock him off the platforms at the start, but when I try to hit his gemstone to do damage I can never get the jab to work. It keeps instead doing an upward spin attack instead which is really frustrating! I've done what the controls say, just to thrust the Wii Remote forward but I just can't get it to work, it's really fiddly! Please help, I don't want to end up stuck right at the end of the game!

Edited on by Blaze

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

kkslider5552000

yeah, the stab can be like that at times.

There's a specific way you're supposed to do it. Unfortunately, I can't really describe it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Chris720

Yeah, stabs really don't work in this game... I always find myself doing a horizontal or vertical attack instead. :/

Also, is it me or are the dungeons/temples in Skyward Sword kinda... short? I easily finished Ancient Cistern in under an hour. And the three other dungeons before hand took me around 1hr 30mins to 2hrs each approximately. This is also my first playthrough and I'm not using any walkthroughs, tips or cheats.

Absolutely amazing dungeons and temples, but they just don't seem to last long at all... which is kinda sad really.

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Woots

Anybody know how to make it look not horrible on a 4:3 non- HDTV?

I've made a huge mistake.

A wild 3DS Friend Code appears: 0473-7844-8530

Follow me on the Twitter: @Pixel_Flip
Formerly Wooton, Lucario1394, DrWootBerg, etc.

Twitter:

Blaze

xDemon720x wrote:

Yeah, stabs really don't work in this game... I always find myself doing a horizontal or vertical attack instead. :/

Also, is it me or are the dungeons/temples in Skyward Sword kinda... short? I easily finished Ancient Cistern in under an hour. And the three other dungeons before hand took me around 1hr 30mins to 2hrs each approximately. This is also my first playthrough and I'm not using any walkthroughs, tips or cheats.

Absolutely amazing dungeons and temples, but they just don't seem to last long at all... which is kinda sad really.

Hmmmm, well the Sky Temple (The final one) took me about 2 hours, and I think that was the longest dungeon. I could see many people taking longer though, because there are some really tricky puzzles in there. I just seem to be able to do the hard puzzles easily, and get stuck on some really minor thing like shooting a switch that's above my head. Although, for me it was the Ancient Cistern that took the longest. I think it took me just over 2 and a half because I got stuck and just stupidly wandered around for about an hour searching for nothing in particular. Still, I think SS is my favourite Zelda. My only complaint about the game is the difficult jabs. Something others seem to hate is the art style, but I actually like it. I think it's because I'm playing it on such a tiny screen though. On my 22" HD TV it looks really nice, but I tried it once downstairs on my 42" TV and.... well, yuck. The backgrounds completely blurred out of existence and the textures were so mushy. But honestly, if you people have access to a smaller TV, use it. Skyward Sword looks all the better for it.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

Chris720

@MiracleBlaze I hated the art style when it was first revealed at E3, but playing it in person, the art style is really amazing!

My only complaint is the temple length and the controls, they work perfectly, but having to re-center your cursor when it goes tipsy is just annoying, especially during boss fights... why they couldn't have just used the IR sensor I do not know.

And for you guys who haven't figured it out yet, you have to use the remote to aim, not the sensor bar... and to be honest, it works... until it thinks the far left is the centre of the screen. e.e

YouTube

Blaze

xDemon720x wrote:

And for you guys who haven't figured it out yet, you have to use the remote to aim, not the sensor bar... and to be honest, it works... until it thinks the far left is the centre of the screen. e.e

Lol. Thought I was the only one with the sensor bar flying left.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

Nintendo6400

xDemon720x wrote:

@MiracleBlaze I hated the art style when it was first revealed at E3, but playing it in person, the art style is really amazing!

My only complaint is the temple length and the controls, they work perfectly, but having to re-center your cursor when it goes tipsy is just annoying, especially during boss fights... why they couldn't have just used the IR sensor I do not know.

Honestly that never bothered me.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

LordTendoboy

xDemon720x wrote:

That's weird, I always aim by pointing the controller at the sensor bar, and it still works just fine.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

zezhyrule

tendoboy1984 wrote:

That's weird, I always aim by pointing the controller at the sensor bar, and it still works just fine.

Well when using the IR, you should be pointing at your TV anyway, not at the sensor bar :3

Try it out, center it pointing completely away from the TV or below it or whatever. It'll work fine. It doesn't matter where you point it, it's not like it wouldn't work when you point it at the sensor bar thing.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Chris720

The only time it uses the sensor bar is when you have to put the cursor into the middle of the screen after calibrating the Wii Motion+

I always wondered why it went over to the far left even though I was pointing directly at the screen, then I figured it out, I centred it when I was pointing it behind me and it worked fine as if it was pointing at the screen anyway... it's pretty nifty, but you have IR tracking, why not use it? :/

YouTube

LordTendoboy

zezzy wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Well when using the IR, you should be pointing at your TV anyway, not at the sensor bar :3

Try it out, center it pointing completely away from the TV or below it or whatever. It'll work fine. It doesn't matter where you point it, it's not like it wouldn't work when you point it at the sensor bar thing.

When playing a normal Wii game (that only uses the IR sensor) I always point in the general direction of the sensor bar, since the sensor bar is what reads the Wii Remote's pointer icon thing.

[...

LordTendoboy

xDemon720x wrote:

but you have IR tracking, why not use it? :/

Exactly. I mean, holding the controller vertically while doing the archery game is fun, but for general-purpose aiming (like in shooters), I'd prefer using the IR sensor.

[...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.