Forums

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 1,905

kkslider5552000

SPOILERS:
I was in the desert with a pirate and still no Gerudos? Hope they're all just in the dungeon then. Although I can't complain too much as I just went on a minecart ride game to help a robot ship captain. Awesome.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Spoony_Tech

MiracleBlaze wrote:

SPOLIERS Just beat Tentulas and am off to Eldin Volcano to retrieve the final Sword Upgrading thing. Can't wait! SPOILERS END

Also, how many hours have people put in? So far I've had 26 hours.

I'm in the same spot as you but have yet to fight that boss. Like was said above I like to take my time with this and have found most of the secrets and almost all of the upgrades. I'm at around 40 hours!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

hylianhalcyon

I 100%ed the game in about 45 hours. On the other hand my brother is on pace to beat the game in about 30 hours without doing anything extra.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

Gamesake

hylianhalcyon wrote:

I 100%ed the game

That's not saying much in Skyward Sword, considering you can dowse your way to completion.

...in my pants.

ocarinaoftime

Just beat the game o my gosh ive got to try this one more time ... Im watching the credits as i type...

ocarinaoftime

WaluigiBag

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is AMAZING! I completed it early last week. I'm going to play Hero Mode soon.

WaluigiBag

Nintendo Network ID: WaluigiBag

Terave

SPOILERS I like the sneaking part in Eldin Vulcano to get your items back. But collecting those Tadtones in de the flooded Faron Woods is just ridiculously tedious... And keep fighting the Imprisoned too, but this really was the most easy one. SPOILERS END

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

romulux

i also got 100% in around 46 hours, definitely the longest game i've ever played. a word of advice to those of you who haven't beaten it yet though, don't bother with the gratitude crystals after getting the first 10 and getting your heart piece. i flew all over the sky getting every last crystal and the rewards are pretty much just bigger wallets after bigger wallets. it's not quite like majora's mask where every little sidequest paid off with a heart piece, so unless you're a completionist, save yourself the effort.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Meta-Rift

It's been a little more than two weeks since I finished my first playthrough. After letting it all sink in, I'm really disappointed.

Meta-Rift

SunnySnivy

It usually takes me twice as long as everyone else to finish Zelda games. I have about 30 hours in and I'm about half way through. The game is amazing so far, it might beat Majora's Mask as my favorite Zelda (aka my favorite game of all time). I don't want to say that until I beat it though!

Silent realms are the best part of the game. I've never had the same kind of feeling with any game as I had in the silent realm. Terrifying, engrossing, but so much fun.

http://backloggery.com/naviloveslink

Joeynator3000

I had a dream that I was one of the guardians from the silent realm. Was also about me being attacked by a phantom from Phantom Hourglass for some reason. o_0

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Gamesake

Terave wrote:

SPOILERS I like the sneaking part in Eldin Vulcano to get your items back. But collecting those Tadtones in de the flooded Faron Woods is just ridiculously tedious...

That boss rush was lame too. I didn't like much of the whole Song of the Hero quests, once I realized they weren't going to throw anymore dungeons at me, I just wanted the game to be over. I sure perked up at the final dungeon.

...in my pants.

LordTendoboy

So opinion on the game is mixed. Some people like it better than Twilight Princess, some people think Nintendo could have done much better. I'm kind of in the middle. I love the motion-controlled sword combat, it feels so much smoother than TP's endless waggling.

I hate how similar the game feels to TP. It feels like more an expansion pack rather than a full sequel. Kind of like how I felt about Majora's Mask after playing Ocarina of Time.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

3Daniel

I think the rumored ending would have been way better then the actual ending.

3DS FC 2878-9587-9759
3Daniel - 3DS tag/wiiu id/colors id
wawigi #1

Kid_A

tendoboy1984 wrote:

I hate how similar the game feels to TP. It feels like more an expansion pack rather than a full sequel. Kind of like how I felt about Majora's Mask after playing Ocarina of Time.

This.....can't be a real post. Majora's Mask, other than the visuals, really could not have been more different than Ocarina of Time. And Skyward Sword...alright, where do I start?
Skyward Sword is bright and colorful where Twilight Princess was dark and sinister. Skyward Sword's Hyrule is a dungeon-like maze where Twilight Princess' Hyrule was wide and spacious. Twilight Princess' combat was innocuous and borderline skill-less, whereas Skyward Sword's is intensely physical and timing based.

What are you seeing in Skyward Sword that's merely an expansion pack?

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

citizenerased

The only thing I'd change about Skyward Sword is its dungeon themes, which are way too conservative. Dungeon #4 is perfection. And a combination of past and future (dungeon 3) is pretty cool, but repeated too often. But 2 fire dungeons? And as cool as the rubix cube dungeon is, it's just a repeat of all the previous ones.

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Spoony_Tech

Kid_A wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

This.....can't be a real post. Majora's Mask, other than the visuals, really could not have been more different than Ocarina of Time. And Skyward Sword...alright, where do I start?
Skyward Sword is bright and colorful where Twilight Princess was dark and sinister. Skyward Sword's Hyrule is a dungeon-like maze where Twilight Princess' Hyrule was wide and spacious. Twilight Princess' combat was innocuous and borderline skill-less, whereas Skyward Sword's is intensely physical and timing based.

What are you seeing in Skyward Sword that's merely an expansion pack?

Agreed 100% If anything the only comparison can be made between twilight princess and oot!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Gamesake

tealovertoma wrote:

Dungeon #4 is perfection. And a combination of past and future (dungeon 3) is pretty cool, but repeated too often. But 2 fire dungeons? And as cool as the rubix cube dungeon is, it's just a repeat of all the previous ones.

I can agree with all that. I loved that last dungeon though. It was both fun and interesting.

...in my pants.

Joeynator3000

tealovertoma wrote:

The only thing I'd change about Skyward Sword is its dungeon themes, which are way too conservative. Dungeon #4 is perfection. And a combination of past and future (dungeon 3) is pretty cool, but repeated too often. But 2 fire dungeons? And as cool as the rubix cube dungeon is, it's just a repeat of all the previous ones.

Was kinda hoping to fight a giant fire based boss in the other fire dungeon, lol. Other than that I was fine with the dungeons...I mean the final dungeon was interesting.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Meta-Rift

Kid_A wrote:

How is Twilight Princess sinister? And how is the surface labyrinth-like? TP's combat is identical to the three games before it, and while I agree that it isn't challenging or skill-based, neither is SS's.

But yeah, the two games aren't alike at all.

Meta-Rift

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.