Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 1,501 to 1,520 of 1,935

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

1,501. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

It's hard to say which is better, TP or SS.

I'm going the easy way out and give both of them a 10/10 because they were simply worth their money and exciting to play from beginning to end with great puzzles, graphics and soundtrack.

I don't have any big problems with any of them two.

I'll still put The Wind Waker and Majora's Mask above them though. :P

I tried to get into Majora's Mask, but the whole game just didn't feel like a Zelda game to me. The concept of "changing masks to transform into different characters", and the 3 day time limit, really turned me off from finishing the game. The Great Bay Temple was tedious and confusing, more-so than Ocarina of Time's Water Temple. The furthest I got was the Stone Tower, and then I just gave up. And I know I'll get flamed for this, but most of the music in Majora's Mask was terrible.

So for me, my favorite 3D Zelda's are:
Twilight Princess
Ocarina of Time (I've beaten it over 10 times, and it's incredibly easy now, but I still love it)
Skyward Sword
Wind Waker (the furthest I got was the "search for the Triforce pieces" mission, but I loved every minute of the game)

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NX01Trekkie1992

1,502. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

It's hard to say which is better, TP or SS.

I'm going the easy way out and give both of them a 10/10 because they were simply worth their money and exciting to play from beginning to end with great puzzles, graphics and soundtrack.

I don't have any big problems with any of them two.

I'll still put The Wind Waker and Majora's Mask above them though. :P

I tried to get into Majora's Mask, but the whole game just didn't feel like a Zelda game to me. The concept of "changing masks to transform into different characters", and the 3 day time limit, really turned me off from finishing the game. The Great Bay Temple was tedious and confusing, more-so than Ocarina of Time's Water Temple. The furthest I got was the Stone Tower, and then I just gave up. And I know I'll get flamed for this, but most of the music in Majora's Mask was terrible.

So for me, my favorite 3D Zelda's are:
Twilight Princess
Ocarina of Time (I've beaten it over 10 times, and it's incredibly easy now, but I still love it)
Skyward Sword
Wind Waker (the furthest I got was the "search for the Triforce pieces" mission, but I loved every minute of the game)

Majora's Mask was by far the superior to OoT, better graphics, better story, and better and more varied gameplay, the different masks added a lot of different strategies to the mix, for so many different enemies there were different ways to take them down with different masks on. While I'm rather ambiguous about the music, it wasn't bad, just different, and I did like the Termina Field theme a lot. And idk how the Great Bay Temple was confusing, I found it rather straightforward, though I didn't like the Stone Tower as much I'll concede (however its boss battle was incredible). As for Wind Waker, if you say it's one of your favourites, finish it already, the end of the game is great

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

1,503. Posted:

This guy is awesome and kewt

Untitled
that's all.

oh yeah and I got the game today

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kagamine

1,504. Posted:

zezzy wrote:

This guy is awesome and kewt

Untitled
that's all.

oh yeah and I got the game today

who is this? never seen that person...

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

1,505. Posted:

I think I have a thing for Peatrice. She's kinda cute in a plain Jane sorta way.
I just can't turn her down when she asks Link if he likes her. It's much nicer to see her all happy and giggly.
Link shouldn't really be cheating on Zelda but when did she ever call him darling or promise to take care of him forever?

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Noire

1,506. Posted:

A Zelda dating sim is totally the next way to go for the series.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

1,507. Posted:

YashaTheSlayer wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

It's hard to say which is better, TP or SS.

I'm going the easy way out and give both of them a 10/10 because they were simply worth their money and exciting to play from beginning to end with great puzzles, graphics and soundtrack.

I don't have any big problems with any of them two.

I'll still put The Wind Waker and Majora's Mask above them though. :P

I tried to get into Majora's Mask, but the whole game just didn't feel like a Zelda game to me. The concept of "changing masks to transform into different characters", and the 3 day time limit, really turned me off from finishing the game. The Great Bay Temple was tedious and confusing, more-so than Ocarina of Time's Water Temple. The furthest I got was the Stone Tower, and then I just gave up. And I know I'll get flamed for this, but most of the music in Majora's Mask was terrible.

So for me, my favorite 3D Zelda's are:
Twilight Princess
Ocarina of Time (I've beaten it over 10 times, and it's incredibly easy now, but I still love it)
Skyward Sword
Wind Waker (the furthest I got was the "search for the Triforce pieces" mission, but I loved every minute of the game)

Majora's Mask was by far the superior to OoT, better graphics, better story, and better and more varied gameplay, the different masks added a lot of different strategies to the mix, for so many different enemies there were different ways to take them down with different masks on. While I'm rather ambiguous about the music, it wasn't bad, just different, and I did like the Termina Field theme a lot. And idk how the Great Bay Temple was confusing, I found it rather straightforward, though I didn't like the Stone Tower as much I'll concede (however its boss battle was incredible). As for Wind Waker, if you say it's one of your favourites, finish it already, the end of the game is great

I can't finish Wind Waker. I bought the game used from GameStop years ago, and the GameCube I owned back then wouldn't read the disc very well. So I returned the game and console and got my money back.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rensch

1,508. Posted:

This game looks absolutely awesome. I'll pick it up later this month. Still need to get me one of those MotionPlus thingies, too. This looks like the perfect moment to get one of those.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JGMR

1,509. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

I think I have a thing for Peatrice. She's kinda cute in a plain Jane sorta way.
I just can't turn her down when she asks Link if he likes her. It's much nicer to see her all happy and giggly.
Link shouldn't really be cheating on Zelda but when did she ever call him darling or promise to take care of him forever?

Love the characters. The shop-owner included. Loved the look on his face when you refuse to buy a selected item. Or when you walk away from his shop....hahahahaha!

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

1,510. Posted:

The Peatrice sidequest is just brilliant.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JGMR

1,511. Posted:

The one with the rattle was funny too, with that crying baby :D

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ocarinaoftime

1,512. Posted:

This game has lots of side quest...i luv this game...

ocarinaoftime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

1,513. Posted:

pocket_arsenal wrote:

the music just wasn't catchy. Not one track. Hell, even the old songs on the CD kind of sounded like they lost their flare, Gerudo Valley especially. But the fans who wanted Orchestral music for a long time finally got what they wanted, so...yay?

No, it wasn't as catchy. The shorter and simpler the melody, the more likely it is to get stuck in your head. The music in Skyward Sword is not simple. It is terribly cool though. I loved how when Link dove under the water the music would change, or when he'd wander outside of a time crystal's radius the music would change there as well. The music in Skyward Sword isn't just atmospheric, it's interactive.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mizore

1,514. Posted:

I loved the music...it wasn't as memorable (besides the Mining Facility for me, lol) but I still loved it. :p

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ocarinaoftime

1,515. Posted:

Not to ruin the game for abyone but i just got my third triforce song and 80 crystals witch the guy is now human night is peaceful... Im going to hate to go to the desert right now...im having so much fun out of this game....

ocarinaoftime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

1,516. Posted:

I liked alot of the music.
Sure there's some barely memorable stuff in there but not all of it was bad.
This one really caught my attention.

I also really liked this song.

Edited on by Link79

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

1,517. Posted:

Zelda's Lullaby played backwards was pretty catchy. Maybe they should play all the old music backwards in the next game.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ocarinaoftime

1,518. Posted:

I like this games music... This too me is right up there with ocarina of time in zelda greatness....i can see why this game got a 10 on alot of reviews....

ocarinaoftime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

1,519. Posted:

ocarinaoftime wrote:

I like this games music... This too me is right up there with ocarina of time in zelda greatness....i can see why this game got a 10 on alot of reviews....

:D :D :D
Oh, ocarinaoftime! How your comedy tickles me, so! My sides are splitting with laughter at the quality of your trolling!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Terave

1,520. Posted:

Probable spoilers Those spaces in your adventure pouch are too less... I can't choose what to take with me XD Spoilers end

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496