1,481. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

What's wrong with robots? lol

Nothing, if I'm playing Phantasy Star.

bonesy91 wrote:

SPOILER!
and why did Zelda and Link Not kiss
END SPOILER!

Skyward Sword has lots of RPG elements in it, and multiple love interests is one of them. Nintendo must not have wanted to make separate endings. I guess that's why no kiss.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,482. Posted:

Yeah was about to say, there has been robots in Zelda games before...Beamos, Gohdan, I think Goht...

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

1,483. Posted:

They used to look a lot more like statues.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,484. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

Yeah was about to say, there has been robots in Zelda games before...Beamos, Gohdan, I think Goht...

Don't forget Armos, though in previous games they were always statues. I like the redesigned Beamos and Armos in Skyward Sword. It made them more unique, yet it was still easy to tell what they were.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

JGMR

1,485. Posted:

Meta-Rift wrote:

I doubt Agahnim has any connection to Skyward Sword or Spirit Tracks.

I truly believe there is. Everything that comes chronologically-speaking after Skyward, has it's roots in Skyward for the time being. There are similarities between Agahnim and Ghirahim.

1. Both kidnap Zelda
2. Both are seemingly henchmen (Ghirahim could be Demise's alter ego)
3. Both travel to the past
4. Both have a striking similarity in names

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,486. Posted:

Wizzrobe wrote:

Meta-Rift wrote:

I truly believe there is. Everything that comes chronologically-speaking after Skyward, has it's roots in Skyward for the time being. There are similarities between Agahnim and Ghirahim.

1. Both kidnap Zelda

Girahim is Demise's sword in spirit form, similar to how Fi is the Goddess Sword / Master Sword in spirit form.

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

1,487. Posted:

Wizzrobe wrote:

Meta-Rift wrote:

1. Both kidnap Zelda

Ghirahim and Demise are not alter egos, Demise killed Ghirahim, and Ghirahim was on a quest to revive Ghirahim, if they had been alter egos, the death of Demise would have killed Ghirahim (which did not happen)

Also, Agahnim never travelled to the past, get your facts straight

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage

JGMR

1,488. Posted:

I always thought that the Dark World was a past one, at least that was something my intuition always told me....excuse me for not getting the facts 'straight'. Just because I know a lot does not mean I know all.

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

k8sMum

1,489. Posted:

Late wrote:

Haven't played much yet cause there have been so much other things to do. I like to visit people's houses just to see what they have in their wardrobes (although now it seems that there's just few different things you can find there) and I like the message which says that I shouldn't open them without permission. It's also somehow weird to find bathroom and restroom in a game. Most awesome thing so far has been the music. I just love the song which plays in houses, the one from Minish Cap, it's one of my favorite Zelda songs :)

i wish they had said something like: 'you shouldn't open other people's wardrobes...this isn't dragon quest!'

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,490. Posted:

YashaTheSlayer wrote:

Wizzrobe wrote:

Meta-Rift wrote:

1. Both kidnap Zelda

Ghirahim and Demise are not alter egos, Demise killed Ghirahim, and Ghirahim was on a quest to revive Ghirahim, if they had been alter egos, the death of Demise would have killed Ghirahim (which did not happen)

Also, Agahnim never travelled to the past, get your facts straight

...I thought Ghirahim (however you spell it, lol) was like, a source of power for Demise's sword or something. He did call himself to be more of a weapon anyways, and it looked like Demise just absorbed him into the sword.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

1,491. Posted:

Ghirahim was Fi's counter part. I wish Link and Demise could have traded.
Untitled
It would have made the game more interesting.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,492. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

...I thought Ghirahim (however you spell it, lol) was like, a source of power for Demise's sword or something. He did call himself to be more of a weapon anyways, and it looked like Demise just absorbed him into the sword.

That's what Ghirahim is, a demonic sword spirit, like Fi is the spirit of the Master Sword.

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

1,493. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

Did anyone else pull their hair out trying to solve that bridge puzzle in front of the Isle of Songs? Grrr!

No. I thought the puzzles in this game were really easy (too bad there's no Master Quest). Skyward Sword is all about combat, not secrets and puzzles. It's a good game but it's not the best Legend of Zelda.

grenworthshero wrote:

Skyward Sword is VERY "hand-holding"

Kid_A wrote:

@grenworthshero
Nintendo is simply offering you help. You don't have to take it. What I'm trying to say is, it's hand extending. It's up to you to reach out and grab it.

Not quite. Nintendo's helping hands will reach out and grab you plenty. Like when Fi solves puzzles for you whether you like it or not. She tells you where to walk safely in the quicksand, then she gives you the combination to the Lanayru Mines, and later Fi tells you to shoot an arrow out of a window below deck on the sand ship in order to hit a time stone to progress though the dungeon.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,494. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Eureka wrote:

That's what Ghirahim is, a demonic sword spirit, like Fi is the spirit of the Master Sword.

Thank you. I don't know why this is so confusing for people. He's dressed exactly like Fi the entire time!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Nintendo6400

1,495. Posted:

is the the glitch before or after the 5th dungeon?

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,496. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Did anyone else pull their hair out trying to solve that bridge puzzle in front of the Isle of Songs? Grrr!

No. I thought the puzzles in this game were really easy (too bad there's no Master Quest). Skyward Sword is all about combat, not secrets and puzzles. It's a good game but it's not the best Legend of Zelda.

The bridge puzzle on the Isle of Songs was challenging. I had to watch a video to see how to solve it.

But I do agree that Skyward Sword has too much handholding. Twilight Princess was much better in that regard. Midna made you do things on your own and chastised you if you took too long. Plus the story was much more interesting than Skyward Sword's generic "we live in the sky, and there's some stuff going on below the clouds, let's go down and investigate". Fi is possibly the worst helper character since Navi. Her personality is robotic, and she isn't as interesting or unique as Midna.

I do like the watercolor style of Skyward Sword, but the whole atmosphere just seems too cheery compared to the dark atmosphere of Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess had a better story in my opinion.

I'm thinking about re-buying Twilight Princess now that it's only $20, what a deal for such a massive game! The only thing I'll miss is the 1:1 sword combat, but it's a trade-off I'll have to accept. I'm still keeping Skyward Sword, but I probably won't finish it for a while.

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,497. Posted:

I feel like some of you guys are being pretty overdramatic about the handholding. The only time Fi blatantly told you how to solve a puzzle was when she told you about using the old map of Lanayru to find a path through the sand. The puzzles in this game weren't too easy, in my opinion. They just weren't controller-smashingly frustrating. I had to think about how to solve a lot of these puzzles, but not for so long that I wanted to stop playing the game. The Water Temple in Twilight Princess was absolutely infuriating, for example, because even if you understood what you had to do, just plain doing it was hard. In Skyward Sword, the answer to the puzzles present themselves naturally. Never are they obscure or frustrating. That's a good thing. It keeps things moving. The game never comes to a grinding halt.

@tendoboy1984
How far in Skyward Sword are you? The game does get more challenging as it goes on, and it gets darker, too.
I'm playing through Twilight Princess right now, and I'm surprised at how well it holds up. The combat is obviously not nearly as nuanced, but I think Skyward Sword actually compliments TP rather nicely. The dark, twisted art direction really stands out as something special, and the story really is spectacular. I think SS is a better game than TP, but not by much. They're both all-time greats.

Edited on by Kid_A

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,498. Posted:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

is the the glitch before or after the 5th dungeon?

If you're talking about the game-ending glitch, it occurs after the sixth dungeon, I think. Someone will tell you that you need to gather pieces of The Hero's Song, and the glitch occurs during this quest. Just save before you start set out to search for pieces of the song, and be sure to visit Lanayru Desert last. If you do that, you should be set.

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

1,499. Posted:

It's hard to say which is better, TP or SS.

I'm going the easy way out and give both of them a 10/10 because they were simply worth their money and exciting to play from beginning to end with great puzzles, graphics and soundtrack.

I don't have any big problems with any of them two.

I'll still put The Wind Waker and Majora's Mask above them though. :P

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,500. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

It's hard to say which is better, TP or SS.

I'm going the easy way out and give both of them a 10/10 because they were simply worth their money and exciting to play from beginning to end with great puzzles, graphics and soundtrack.

I don't have any big problems with any of them two.

I'll still put The Wind Waker and Majora's Mask above them though. :P

I tried to get into Majora's Mask, but the whole game just didn't feel like a Zelda game to me. The concept of "changing masks to transform into different characters", and the 3 day time limit, really turned me off from finishing the game. The Great Bay Temple was tedious and confusing, more-so than Ocarina of Time's Water Temple. The furthest I got was the Stone Tower, and then I just gave up. And I know I'll get flamed for this, but most of the music in Majora's Mask was terrible.

So for me, my favorite 3D Zelda's are:
Twilight Princess
Ocarina of Time (I've beaten it over 10 times, and it's incredibly easy now, but I still love it)
Skyward Sword
Wind Waker (the furthest I got was the "search for the Triforce pieces" mission, but I loved every minute of the game)

PSN ID PS_man1984