Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

1,421. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

romulux wrote:

that's because the game doesn't use the IR camera for pointer controls.

well, first the sensor bar is NOT a camera.

The Wii Remote uses an IR camera to detect the sensor bar.

Anyway, about the pointer controls. They felt weird for me until I realized I wasn't using them correctly. You're not supposed to point at a certain spot on the screen. You have to turn the remote in that direction. That's why the game lets you recenter the cursor.

As long as we're talking about Skyward Sword's controls,

Untitled

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,422. Posted:

romulux wrote:

bro2dragons wrote:

Am I the only one with complaints about the sluggish pointer controls? Minor annoyance, yes, but it doesn't make sense. The standard Wii menu responsiveness is PERFECT. I don't know why they would have made the cursor feel so heavy in menus for this game.

that's because the game doesn't use the IR camera for pointer controls. it only uses the accelerometer and gyroscope, just like the sony move does. it does give you a clunkier feel that's more like holding a real bow, but they could have gotten a similar feel using the IR camera with low sensitivity and then it wouldn't have ever needed to be calibrated/recalibrated. i still like the aiming controls better than twilight princess' controls, though, IR aiming doesn't feel right for a bow.

i beat the game and mostly loved it, but had some major problems with the sword. at first, i kept getting swings to register the opposite direction of what i was doing. i learned not to wind back as much before swinging and to use smaller motions and that helped, but the calibration still fails like crazy. the bamboo cutting game is the worst, there's no way to reach the end without the sword swings going totally perpendicular to what i'm doing. i have to pause and let the cursor settle back to center before moving on.

i don't know if anyone else had this problem too but i also had the remote freeze up and only perform nunchuk actions a few times in the game. once was during the scorpion boss, the other was ghirahim's last form. i'd thrust with the remote and instead of stabbing link would do a shield bash or spin attack over and over, even if the nunchuk was totally still. it made it really hard to finish those fights, in fact ghirahim killed me 3 times because of it. pretty lame way to finish off the game.

still an amazing game though, it really makes you want to run through ocarina of time again just to see how everything lines up. i just wish it had been as easy to control as red steel 2 and WSR were.

It definitely sounds like there's something wrong with your game, or your Wii Motion +. I've heard a few complaints about the controls from some people, but nothing that severe.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,423. Posted:

here's a video of what i was talking about:

i realize that looks ridiculous, but you can see link swinging diagonal or vertical while i'm still going horizontal, then the cursor drifts for a while. i know the remote is supposed to lose some calibration when you swing wildly, but i wasn't swinging too hard or wide there, and that's pretty much how you have to swing for the bamboo cutting game.

i don't know where my motion+ dongles went so i can't test a different remote, but this remote worked fine for red steel 2 and WSR. it also works for the bow and beetle and everything else but the swordplay.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,424. Posted:

Lets face it. Goldeneye has screwed up your Wii! ;-)

I as well have not experienced any problems.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

1,425. Posted:

I finally beat SS yesterday and I wish I didn't work so hard on trying to 100% the game when I found out that theres a Game +
All that trouble getting the Hylia Shield

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,426. Posted:

ha, goldeneye!!!! is there nothing it hasn't ruined in life?

guess it's time to look for those + dongles.

AuthorMessage

Cia

1,427. Posted:

^You're swinging it too fast... it's not a waggling game you know? :P

Cia

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

1,428. Posted:

LordJumpMad wrote:

I finally beat SS yesterday and I wish I didn't work so hard on trying to 100% the game when I found out that there's a Game +
All that trouble getting the Hylian Shield

that shield was easy for me to get, took me about twenty minutes

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

1,429. Posted:

So I finally caught back up! :D

SPOILER: got the water dragons piece of the song. Just started Fire dragons song (again) END SPOILER

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,430. Posted:

Grr! I'm stuck on this LATE-GAME SPOILER Bobokin (spelling?) prison segment, where they steal all your weapons and you have to find them again. I just got the whip, and all I have left is the bombs and the slingshot, but from what I can tell, the way I need to go to get to the bombs is blocked by...well, a rock that needs bombed. I'm really not a fan of this segment. Nobody likes the Forsaken Fortress in Wind Waker, why would they want us to relive that?

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

1,431. Posted:

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to get the slingshot next. (BTW, that was my favorite part of the game.)

Edited on by Meta-Rift

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,432. Posted:

Meta-Rift wrote:

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to get the slingshot next. (BTW, that was my favorite part of the game.)

Awww, but the Slingshot suuuuucks...
Haha just kidding. Thanks a lot, man. And I'm glad you liked that section. I feel like a lot of people probably do, but it just wasn't what I wanted after that amazing boss fight in the Thunder Cloud.

AuthorMessage

Link79

1,433. Posted:

@ Kid_A
There was a similar part in Oracle of Ages on GBC where all your items are stolen and you have to get them back.
When I got to that part in Skyward sword I thought... Oh no not this again!
I hate that part too. I already earned the stuff before. I don't wanna go retrieve it again.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

1,434. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

Nobody likes the Forsaken Fortress in Wind Waker

Oh I like it just fine...

...when I return later in the game and MURDER EVERYBODY WHO MADE ME SUFFER BEFORE

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

JayArr

1,435. Posted:

I liked the "jail break" part too. While it sucked being stuck in the same few tiny areas the entire game I have to admit they good a good job switching things up and keeping them interesting. Now all the boss recycling on the other hand.........

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

AuthorMessage

Link79

1,436. Posted:

@ Chicken_Brutus
Yeah that was cool when you return to the forsaken fortress the second time.
DIE MOBLIN BASTARDS! Kidnap my sister will ya!? No more hiding, Your butts are mine!

Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,437. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

romulux, please post a new link to your video

funny story. youtube failed to process it the first time due to maintenance so i uploaded it again. youtube has deleted the video saying it's a duplicate and i don't have it on my disk anymore. you're not missing much though, it's basically me swinging side to side while link goes up and down, far off from my motions, and then you can see the cursor drifting around on the screen afterward. i was swinging a little faster than normal motions in the game to show what happens in the bamboo cutting minigame, since there's no way to get a good score without swinging fast.

AuthorMessage

JGMR

1,438. Posted:

Did that centipede-like creature in Skyward remind people of Zelda 1-4 (Link's Awakening)?

The Lanmola

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Link79

1,439. Posted:

Speaking of Link's awakening how many of you grinned from ear to ear when you saw Levias?
Obvious reference right there! Love that game!

Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

JGMR

1,440. Posted:

@Link79 Yes! Glad you brought that up. ;)

With kind regards,

JGMR