Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,361. Posted:

...Don't turn this thread into another bash-fest. >_>
I like Other M.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,362. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

...Don't turn this thread into another bash-fest. >_>
I like Other M.

so do I (...sort of), I just have a sense of humor (...sort of).

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,363. Posted:

Can we not soil this wonderful Zelda thread with talk of that crappy metroid game, take that to its own thread :O

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

fishman100

1,364. Posted:

Skyward Sword is awesome! However I am encountering some motion control difficulties...but that's one of the consequences of having most of the control being motion-based, I suppose.

Also is it just me or does the game seem shorter than TP?

Go make some new disaster
That's what I'm counting on...
You're someone else's problem
Now I only want you gone
Now I only want you gone...

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,365. Posted:

Oh yeah, I hate this game.
i'm sure that will change, but my last play session with it leading up to lanaryu mining facility was one of the most unfun and unforgiving experiences i've ever had in a game

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,366. Posted:

Oddy wrote:

Oh yeah, I hate this game.
i'm sure that will change, but my last play session with it leading up to lanaryu mining facility was one of the most unfun and unforgiving experiences i've ever had in a game

Really!? I just went through that area and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm about halfway through the third dungeon! Can't wait to play more.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Ernest_The_Crab

1,367. Posted:

Anyone think the lore could use an update? I find after playing through quite a bit of the game, that some things seem to be off. The number of races for one thing. Unless something major happens near the end that messes with the current ecosystem (or occurs in an in-between game) we are kind of missing an explanation for two of the races in Skyward Sword (3 if you count Zoras?).

Also, there's only one "goddess"?

I guess you could chalk things up to being lost through time but still....

Edited on by Ernest_The_Crab

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

AuthorMessage

JGMR

1,368. Posted:

Here's something I tried and found out while completing the game...
Anybody shoot the talking stones in the eye with Bow & Arrow yet? Bombing 'em is also quite funny... :$

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

woodlin37

1,369. Posted:

i must say not since zelda on the snes have a had so much fun with a zelda title that i cant put down, its early on in the game for me as only just started it, about 7 hours in now and im loving it, just wish my daughters didnt wanna play on the wii also so i could get some quality time on it, ;)

Twitter = @woodlin37
WII U = woodlin37
XBOX 360 = Woodlin
YOUTUBE-woodlin37
Instagram - woodlin37
Patriots,Bruins,Celtics,Redsox and BC Eagles FAN. from the UK

Twitter: woodlin37

AuthorMessage

Cia

1,370. Posted:

fishman100 wrote:

Skyward Sword is awesome! However I am encountering some motion control difficulties...but that's one of the consequences of having most of the control being motion-based, I suppose.

Also is it just me or does the game seem shorter than TP?

Both TP and SS took me 70 hours in first playthrough. I wasn't actually running through each of them, but i'd say they are pretty much even in terms of length.

Cia

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

1,371. Posted:

Well just finished the first temple, upgraded what I could. Not taking nearly as long. 9 hours in and I'm halfway caught back up (excluding side quests though) saw the epic clip after the third temple again! :D so awesome.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,372. Posted:

bonesy91 wrote:

Well just finished the first temple, upgraded what I could. Not taking nearly as long. 9 hours in and I'm halfway caught back up (excluding side quests though) saw the epic clip after the third temple again! :D so awesome.

Uggh. Your already that caught up to me. I only just finished the third dungeon this morning. However I did see some of the clip your talking about. Had to go to work though and shut the system off!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

1,373. Posted:

I finish Skyward Sword for the first time!
Not 100%. I'm missing 3 more pieces of heart but that's okay.

Professor Layton will be so proud of the 7th dungeon.

hype train destinations: Hyrule Warriors

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

1,374. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

bonesy91 wrote:

Uggh. Your already that caught up to me. I only just finished the third dungeon this morning. However I did see some of the clip your talking about. Had to go to work though and shut the system off!

Yup. (gotta make up for lost time) Since I have the weekend free, it's gonna be non stop Zelda for me. And hey at least you have a job, I help baby sit my nieces and nephews at their (fun) terrible ages 1-4 stages atm :P You gotta see the whole clip it's awesome.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,375. Posted:

Hey I know what your talking about. I babysit a 2-4 year old except they're mine!

As for that clip. I know I'm going to enjoy it thats why I purposely shut the system off so I can begin with it next time I start! :-)

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

kobe1724

1,376. Posted:

Wow, I can't stress enough how AWESOME this game is. There's just something so satisfying about collecting a Piece of Heart, or obtaining Gratitude Crystals, or upgrading weapons, getting through a dungeon, sending a Goddess Cube to the sky, winning Rupees, etc etc. The point is, I LOVE THIS GAME! (and I'm not even to the 5th dungeon yet). Happy times.

Edited on by kobe1724

3DS FC: 4296-3162-1562100% completion on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and Super Mario 3D Land.If you want a good challenge, find me on Mario Kart 7.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,377. Posted:

Oh and I failed to mention that I'm delivering pizza's and listening to the legend of Zelda orchestra CD. Doesn't get much better then this! #3 is my favorite! :-)

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,378. Posted:

Minor annoyance but there really should have been an option to teleport to local bird statues from other bird statues instead of forcing you to go to the sky.

Of course considering how much I've failed, I needed to go back to Skyloft's shop many times so it's mostly not an issue.

Love the Lanayru gameplay mechanics...it's a shame the difficulty has nothing to do with the main gimmick of the area though. Stupid electric ball things. But that gimmick is incredibly clever and could be it's own Zelda game by itself.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,379. Posted:

Can we talk about how awesome the little scene that plays whenever you walk into a new dungeon is? Gives me chills every time.

Progress report: 32 hours in, just collected the last of the three flames. The sidequests in this game are the best since Wind Waker, and I must say I'm impressed at how every person in this town has a story. They all seemed like little more than broad caricatures at first, but if you really explore and start doing sidequests, they reveal themselves to be the most fully realized characters in the series since Majora's Mask. Loving every minute of this game.

Anybody else really enjoy the "protect the robot" journey up Eldin Volcano? Maybe it's just because I'm completely in love with the archery controls, but I thought that was a blast.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

1,380. Posted:

I'll discuss very, very minor complains about this incredible Wii experience.

1) The crawling mechanics (I'm not talking about the top view segments).

2) The final (multilayer) boss fight is not as coherent as in any other 3D Zelda game. One minute I'm fighting in the Skyward Sword universe and then I'm transported into the The Matrix Trilogy universe.

hype train destinations: Hyrule Warriors