Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 1,341 to 1,360 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,341. Posted:

bonesy91 wrote:

OK so I'm pretty bummed here...

Don't know if anyone has heard about the "game breaking" bug, where it causes you to be unable to progress if you do a certain quest in the wrong order.

44 hours in and I have to start all over again thanks to it. Yeah it would have to be my first playthrough that I would encounter this bug. :(

(side note: I too got some lag using the timeshift stones, understandable due to how they cause the landscape to change completely)

What is this bug so I can avoid it? I got the same bug in Metroid other M and don't want to go through that again. From now on I'm copying my file before I start a play session.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

1,342. Posted:

@Tech101

Ok so at a certain part of the game you will be given the freedom to choose which place to visit first (Faron, Eldin or Lanayru) to collect pieces of something.

(SPOILER: pieces of a song END SPOILER)

now just do this order and you should be fine Faron, Eldin, Lanayru. Even though you are given the freedom of choosing where to go, stick to this and you will not encounter a glitch. Apparently though, since I did Eldin, Lanayru and then proceeded to Faron, it ended up skipping the Faron part thus making it impossible to collect the Faron piece.

hope that explains it. (tried hard not to give away too much)

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,343. Posted:

Thanks for the info. Ill make sure I stay linear so as not to make my own choice!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Link79

1,344. Posted:

What's this about a Glitch? I'm right at that point where you get the three parts of the last song.
I already did the one in Faron and I just went to Lanayru for the next one.
Should I leave and go do the Eldin one first? I'm 50 hours in and I'll be pretty mad if my game glitches out this far into the game. Has anybody went to Faron. Lanayru and then Eldin without any glitches?

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

1,345. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

What's this about a Glitch? I'm right at that point where you get the three parts of the last song.
Should I leave and go do the Eldin one first? I'm 50 hours in and I'll be pretty mad if my game glitches out this far into the game. Has anybody went to Faron. Lanayru and then Eldin without any glitches?

The glitch can cause your game to break. Meaning you can't continue at all and have to restart the whole game. (similar to the Cannon Glitch in TP)

Since you did Faron first you should be OK. I've also heard if you've started one of the quests, you should finish before switching to another one so you may want to finish Lanayru if you've started it.

Also the site Zeldainformer has more on this issue.

@Tech101 Yeah it's just kind of sad that the one Non linear part of the game can cause your game to break if you don't stay on somewhat of a linear pattern. :P

Edited on by bonesy91

AuthorMessage

Link79

1,346. Posted:

Well that sucks. Just like the glitch in Metroid Other M where a certain door wont open if you back track the wrong way. What's with all these glitchy Nintendo games lately?
Oh well I guess I'll finish up my buisiness in Lanayru and hope for the best.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Cia

1,347. Posted:

One glitch doesn't make the game exactly glitchy, and it's not even clear why it occurs to some people. I had no problems, and i didn't play the song part in "right" order. A glitchy game is a game like Skyrim, which has hundreds of glitches.

Cia

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,348. Posted:

I haven't followed Skyrim closely, but they mostly seem to be goofy glitches, nothing game breaking like the one in Skyward Sword. Could be wrong (I say out of politeness, I'm of course never wrong).

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,349. Posted:

I agree with Adam. After playing 40+ hours I don't want a game telling me umm sorry but you have to start all over! If I didn't download a file off the net for other m that was just about where I was I would have been done with it and that after only losing about 10 hours. On the other hand I do want to go through this game here again but I would like to beat it first!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

3DS

1,350. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

The order won't matter I went to Lanayru then Faron then Eldin and the only thing that I encountered was that until I had the part of the song from Lanayru I didn't have to defeat The Imprisoned

Conduit 2 = 2150-8520-4215 - Nickname = Conor
3DS = 0817-3849-1308. Name = [NL] 3DS
Goldeneye FC = 2768-9180-5064 Nickname = [NL] 3DS
Skype = Conor3000

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,351. Posted:

Might go without saying, but if you are afraid of a glitch, make sure to copy your file before that section of the game so you at least won't lose all progress.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

JayArr

1,352. Posted:

Adam wrote:

I haven't followed Skyrim closely, but they mostly seem to be goofy glitches, nothing game breaking like the one in Skyward Sword.

You're right. Skyrim has the minor bugs like you'll see a dragon flying backwards or you won't be able to pick up a small meaningless items (lets say equivalent rupees). The comparison isn't fair. I'd rather have 50 minuscule bugs than one giant one that destroys 20+ hours of data......

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

1,353. Posted:

The glitch is Skyward Sword is really rare and I am sad it happened to someone here. I had many people do the Dragons in the same order and not have the glitch appear.

The bugs in Skyrim shows a huge lack of polish. No offense.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,354. Posted:

you guys do realize that every other major release seems to have at least one rare game breaking bug that 2 people find and thus the game is ruined for everyone, right? Sucks it happened to someone here but this is not unexpected in any major modern game, short of maybe a Valve game.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,355. Posted:

The game is a complete failure now. (lol)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

JGMR

1,356. Posted:

Yes, such things suck, especially when you're not prepared for such calamities...
I bet Nintendo's not gonna fix it like they didn't in Other M...or will they suddenly? :)

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,357. Posted:

you can't fix Other M just by having one less glitch

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Link79

1,358. Posted:

Well I got through all three dragon segments and no glitches happened.
Guess I lucked out or the problem isn't all that common. Anyway now I can finish the game with no more worries.

Edited on by Link79

Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

1,359. Posted:

Well back to the beginning for me haha. Just ran through Faron and now entered Eldin. Luckily this game is amazing or I wouldn't be doing this lol. :P

and nice @Link79 :) Would hate for what happened to me happen to someone else.

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,360. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

you can't fix Other M just by having one less glitch

Take out the horrible plot and characters, there you go.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984