Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

1,281. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Chicken_Brutus wrote:

So far this game is making me miss Twilight Princess, and that's something I didn't think was possible. I'm glad everyone else is enjoying it, but I'm pretty close to just trading it in.

Agreed. I found Midna and the whole story of the Twilight Realm to be much more interesting. Skyward Sword is a good game with good sword combat, but the story is just too convoluted. There isn't much backstory to Demise, and I don't get how he is related to Ganon. He never appears in any other games (since the developers obviously made him up just for this game).

I hate how the developers add in more stuff in each new game. The narrative is all over the place, and with each new game, the series gets more and more complicated.

Maybe it would be better to just treat most Zelda games as self-contained stories, with very minimal connections (Triforce, Master Sword, etc.). Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are related, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks are related. A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening are related. All the other games might as well be separate stories.

Skyward Sword pretty much retcons everything that was established by previous games. Maybe Nintendo should remake the older games and update them with Skyward Sword's narrative / history (Skyloft, Demise, Girahim, Goddess Harp, Goddess Hylia, The Imprisoned, etc.).

Did you fall asleep at the end of the game? He tells you indirectly how he's related to Ganondorf (his reincarnation). He doesn't reappear because he's killed for good and serves as the origin of Ganondorf's evil.

Would you prefer all games to be the same with no new stuff? You must like EA Sports games then ;) Also, there's nothing aside from a few hints from Nintendo that suggests that all of the games are linked together.

In a way, some of the games are self-contained, because there are only a few similarities amongst the games, but there are huge differences among them, suggesting that they may not be linked as mentioned earlier.

How? Skyward Sword didn't do anything that contradicts Ocarina of Time's story. Sure they didn't mention Hylia in the legends of previous games, but legends aren't complete through generations. Some are forgotten entirely and some change over time (this was mentioned in the game btw).

Edited on by WaLzgi

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

1,282. Posted:

Actually some games do mention Hylia just not by name. As a Goddess who became mortal, of the royal blood. I forgot what game it was from though.
Edit: I want to say Link to the Past? I might be wrong though, I know it's one of the 2D games.

Also Four Swords Adventures called Ganon being the rebirth of an Ancient Demon.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

1,283. Posted:

You guys talk about spoiler stuff way too openly. I think I managed to avoid the worst stuff, but I'm outta here.

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,284. Posted:

I'm openly spoiled and not afraid to admit it. Society needs to learn to accept spoilers. We have the same rights.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Cia

1,285. Posted:

I will never understand how some people claim that Zelda has no story. I mean, do they have some kind of problem with understanding or seeing the story on- screen? Zelda games have just as much story as any adventure game, and it's mostly better written and even more touching than in most games.

Cia

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,286. Posted:

Faron wrote:

better written than in most games.

to be fair, this isn't difficult

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

3DS

1,287. Posted:

OMG the Master Sword is amazing!!!

Conduit 2 = 2150-8520-4215 - Nickname = Conor
3DS = 0817-3849-1308. Name = [NL] 3DS
Goldeneye FC = 2768-9180-5064 Nickname = [NL] 3DS
Skype = Conor3000

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,288. Posted:

If the cut scenes aren't longer than the game play and there's no voice acting, how can you call that a story?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

1,289. Posted:

And thus with one sentence, all retro RPGS in existence were cut down to not having a story.

Just like books... if only there was a way to tell whats going on using a form of writing.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

1,290. Posted:

I'm almost through with it, at the final boss. Have all items, hearts and stuff except the unbreakable shield which I just tried to get in the bossrush sidequest but got killed by the eighth boss. :(
Will try again tomorrow, and then complete the game.

Still have some questions.

1. There are suspicious holes near the pumpkin fields and other areas. What are they for?

2. What can I use the mushroom powder for?

3. What do you get for playing the pumpkin song perfect?

4. Where is the hidden spot with the 5 cats in Skyloft?

5. What do you get for beating the record (43 slices) in the bamboo minigame?

6. Flying around the clouds, then jumping off the bird, skydiving, there were some flying beetle things, but now I can't get them to reappear. Where are they?

The game is great. So glad Tingle is in it :) This is my fav Zelda next to Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker.

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

1,291. Posted:

Is anyone else reading the ongoing comic for Skyward Sword at Zelda.com?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,292. Posted:

Hellooooo 93.

Hellooooo 95.

... :D

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,293. Posted:

Hellooooooo meaningful device that isn't destroying the gaming industry.

Oh wait!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,294. Posted:

It's just appalling to see what the big boys are saying about this game. :D

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

1,295. Posted:

Adam wrote:

I didn't like it much in the beginning, but it gets better. Stick with it. It's a major first-party Nintendo game; you'll be able to trade or sell it for just as much a month or two down the road.

I agree. The beginning was sooo slow but now I think it is my favorite Zelda, maybe even my favorite game ever.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,296. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Hellooooo 93.

Hellooooo 95.

... :D

cool numbers bro

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Token_Girl

1,297. Posted:

Hellooooo Nurse!

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,298. Posted:

tealovertoma wrote:

You guys talk about spoiler stuff way too openly. I think I managed to avoid the worst stuff, but I'm outta here.

no offense, but if you don't want help or spoilers, stay out of the discussion thread until you're done with the game.
also, lol, Token wins

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,299. Posted:

Token_Girl wrote:

Hellooooo Nurse!

Best cartoon ever. Warner Bros. should make more ambitious cartoons that are actually wacky and funny. Loony Tunes Show is a good step in that direction, but the humor is nowhere near the brilliance of Animaniacs and Tiny Toons. They need to bring back Tom Rugger, Steven Spielberg, and the whole team that made Animaniacs and Tiny Toons.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

1,300. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

1. There are suspicious holes near the pumpkin fields and other areas. What are they for?
2. What can I use the mushroom powder for?
3. What do you get for playing the pumpkin song perfect?
4. Where is the hidden spot with the 5 cats in Skyloft?
5. What do you get for beating the record (43 slices) in the bamboo minigame?
6. Flying around the clouds, then jumping off the bird, skydiving, there were some flying beetle things, but now I can't get them to reappear. Where are they?

The game is great. So glad Tingle is in it :) This is my fav Zelda next to Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker.

Tingle? Mushroom Powder? Man, I'm missing more than I thought (I thought I was only missing 2 Heart Pieces).

For 6, I think you can do it on most islands, as long as you skydive to the island from a high altitude. I got them to appear above an island to the southeast of Fun Fun Island. You just get 20 rupees for catching all the bugs.

Anyone else pro at the game on Fun Fun Island? Once I unlocked it, I used it to fund all my major purchases.

Edited on by NotEnoughGolds

NotEnoughGolds