Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

Terave

1,241. Posted:

Fi can be sometimes a pain in the butt. I mean, running through a very hot area (and of course I'm burning) and I wanted to go through somewhere, but then she shows up again. F*ck you, I'm burning! (Didn't take damage from that, but stil, it's very annoying)

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

grenworthshero

1,242. Posted:

I never really noticed Midna being a problem with that sort of thing, and, even if she was, she actually has a personality.
It's been a long time since I've played WW, so I can't really say anything about the King of Red Lions.

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
3DS Code: 3823-8687-7682
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--Facebook--last.fm

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,243. Posted:

I've finished the game. If you haven't, don't read this.

Perhaps the biggest spoiler and one I'm thankful I avoided, is that the final boss is Akuma. Didn't see that coming. Thankfully I didn't die one thousand deaths despite my control stick becoming uncalibrated and causing me to run away AND my motion control not detecting any skyward strikes on my first attempt. I did die twice though. Demise looked really cool.

I thought the story was wrapped up pretty well. Even though it went without saying, it was nice to finally have some minimal background story to explain why this legend recurs throughout history. I was also very happy when Fi went to her eternal sleep. I'm also really excited that they hinted at the next game, The Legend of Groose, which I expect will be much better. I have to wonder what they can do with the next game's story to top this one's scope and impact.

I especially liked the scenes of Zelda's journey during the credits. I was hoping for something like that. The scenes with Zelda and/or Impa at each temple made me feel like a constant part of a bigger story rather than just going from dungeon to dungeon out of habit. The second set of dungeons really dragged for me in comparison because I didn't get that same feeling. It felt more like, okay, this is a Zelda game, you're supposed to do this, then this, then this, then you'll be done with it. There was also insufficient Groose for my needs.

While I loved the game and the ending over all, there was one really annoying thing about the end... "Hey, would you like to save? Ok, but if you do, we're going to erase all that data of yours. Bet you didn't see that coming." I didn't. Good one, Nintendo.

Oh, and the last temple was awesome. I love slide puzzles. I also liked a couple specific rooms that just flood you with enemies, and the part before Ghirahim's fight where you're really flooded with enemies. I was just wondering recently, could the series do a more action-oriented 3D game? As it is, the series mainly does puzzle rooms with a few minor baddies (bats and blobs, nothing to worry about) or battle areas where you'll fight lizardmen or stalfos without much in the way of distractions, just one or two enemies. Mario 3D Land took 2D style game play to the third dimension finally; maybe Zelda can, too? I don't know if it would be a better direction necessarily, but I would love to see them try something closer to Zelda 1 / Link to the Past but in 3D on a home console.

Anyway, that's about all my thoughts on the ending for now. I hope someone accidentally reads that Akuma is the final boss and is upset about the spoiler.

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Adam wrote:

Oh man, I literally fell asleep during MGS4 dialog.

People always say its boring as hell. I guess you have to be a fan to understand.

I'm a fan of the series and of the game.

Also... Warning for those not finished the game yet: When you last have a chance to save before the final boss, Save and Quit, then Copy your file. Trust me. No need to thank me later.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Noire

1,244. Posted:

omg spoilers!!!!

Adam wrote:

Perhaps the biggest spoiler and one I'm thankful I avoided, is that the final boss is Akuma.

OMG I am so glad I was not the only one who thought that. :D

Anyways I'm just going to say my piece about Fi and be done with it. Her lack of personality makes her interesting. She's supposed to be a spirit, a soul trapped in a sword, but she acts more like an AI than anything else. Why though? That coupled with the Lanaryu desert and all it's advanced technology makes me wonder ... what if Din, Naryu and Farore aren't actually goddesses but aliens who crashed to earth carrying a powerful artifact? Or maybe a shapeshifting weapon embued with an artificial intelligence designed to eradicate evil? I doubt they'll ever go into this, but it just intrigued me way more than Midna.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

1,245. Posted:

^ could've made the pre-quote thing a bit bolder, I automatically read quotes first =/

Untitled

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,246. Posted:

Adam wrote:

While I loved the game and the ending over all, there was one really annoying thing about the end... "Hey, would you like to save? Ok, but if you do, we're going to erase all that data of yours. Bet you didn't see that coming." I didn't. Good one, Nintendo.

Also... Warning for those not finished the game yet: When you last have a chance to save before the final boss, Save and Quit, then Copy your file. Trust me. No need to thank me later.

The game erases your file after you beat the final boss? WTF Nintendo?!

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,247. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Adam wrote:

The game erases your file after you beat the final boss? WTF Nintendo?!

to play hero mode you have to delete your old save file. So just make a copy and keep it going.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

JayArr

1,248. Posted:

Fi's singing animation completely ruined this game.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,249. Posted:

Hahaha, I at turns thought Fi's singing animation was awful and hilariously awful. Unfortunately, most of the time it was just the awful part.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

RogueBologna

1,250. Posted:

JayArr wrote:

I look away during these parts at pretend they aren't happening.

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

AuthorMessage

RogueBologna

1,251. Posted:

JayArr wrote:

I look away during these parts at pretend they aren't happening.

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

AuthorMessage

Late

1,252. Posted:

I've played about 12,5 hours and I don't think Fi is irritating but that's just me, I didn't have any problems with Navi. They both appear sometimes without doing anything but isn't that still a good thing that you don't need to listen all the stuff they want to say by pressing the button which summons them? I almost never touch that button cause I don't have to and I can get peace between their appearances.
What comes to the part after finishing a dungeon that is when I don't like Fi, I just don't like the dancing animation. Why does she have to dance when translating the text to me?

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,253. Posted:

I knew there was a good reason I stayed out of this topic. I just beat the first dungeon and am now doing some side quest and have a loooooong way to go so ill be leaving for a while. I only get about 5-10 hours a week to play this so right around the new year I might have this done or not no hurry! Games like this don't need to be rushed through! I am enjoying my time with this so far!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

1,254. Posted:

So far this game is making me miss Twilight Princess, and that's something I didn't think was possible. I'm glad everyone else is enjoying it, but I'm pretty close to just trading it in.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,255. Posted:

Isn't Fi a Computer A.I. I think those who expected a personality missed the point.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Terave

1,256. Posted:

The dungeon are too short, actually. Usually, they were pretty big, but I did know they were shrinking a bit. A BIT. Not just one floor and that's all...

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,257. Posted:

Chicken_Brutus wrote:

So far this game is making me miss Twilight Princess, and that's something I didn't think was possible. I'm glad everyone else is enjoying it, but I'm pretty close to just trading it in.

=-O

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,258. Posted:

Are you talking about when Fi dances on the waters where Zelda is purified?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,259. Posted:

Chicken_Brutus wrote:

Well, I guess no game can please everyone.
Have fun with Twilight Princess.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,260. Posted:

Chicken_Brutus wrote:

Why do you hate good games, Phil?
In all seriousness, I really would like to hear your criticisms. Personally, I think it's the best 3D Zelda by a long shot.

Edited on by Kid_A

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf