Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

1,221. Posted:

I still have trouble finding things with dowsing, I cant get the Goddess Cube in a certain area, but at least I know the area where it should be.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,222. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

@grenworthshero
Because Nintendo is simply offering you help. You don't have to take it. Some people will want to take it. Personally, I like the help. I'd still be on the third dungeon if it wasn't for the Sheika stone. But I always avoid Dowsing. Because I find it more fun to explore on my own. Nintendo has given us options that make the game easier, but we only use those options if we want to. What I'm trying to say is, it's hand extending. It's up to you to reach out and grab it.

Yes and we've seen it before. Super Mario Galaxy 2, Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong Country Returns, New Super Mario Bros. Wii

WOOPS

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,223. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

@grenworthshero
Because Nintendo is simply offering you help. You don't have to take it. Some people will want to take it. Personally, I like the help. I'd still be on the third dungeon if it wasn't for the Sheika stone. But I always avoid Dowsing. Because I find it more fun to explore on my own. Nintendo has given us options that make the game easier, but we only use those options if we want to. What I'm trying to say is, it's hand extending. It's up to you to reach out and grab it.

Yes and we've seen it before. Super Mario Galaxy 2, Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong Country Returns, New Super Mario Bros. Wii

WOOPS

</blockquote>

I'm not sure why that's a WOOPS...I'm well aware that Nintendo uses this stuff. I just don't think it's hand-holding unless, you know, you actually reach out and grab their hand.

Edited on by Kid_A

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

1,224. Posted:

Lol I was wondering that too. This guy is confusing me on purpose.

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

1,225. Posted:

While my sister plays her Skyward Sword save file, I went back on Ocarina of Time 3D.
I totally forgot that there's no dash button :(

Edited on by LucinaSmash

hype train destinations: Super Smash Bros

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,226. Posted:

That dash button seriously is a game changer. It's going to be tough to replay the other 3D Zeldas after this.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,227. Posted:

I said woops because I'm assuming most people forgot about those games having that feature.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Platypus

1,228. Posted:

Project-L wrote:

While my sister plays her Skyward Sword save file, I went back on Ocarina of Time 3D.
I totally forgot that there's no dash button :(

Back in those days we barrel-rolled our war around Hyrule.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

1,229. Posted:

Even though barrel rolls don't increase your speed...

but I like to pretend they do........................

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

grenworthshero

1,230. Posted:

I know what you were trying to say, but if people are going to use the fact that you can go to the fortune teller in TP as proof that it's hand-holding, then I can use the fact that you can go to seeing stones in SS to back up my argument as well.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
3DS Code: 3823-8687-7682
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--Facebook--last.fm

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,231. Posted:

The whole series is messed up thanks to Twilight Princess. Nintendo decided to give the areas of Hyrule different names from the areas of Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past.

Skyward Sword reuses the names of the TP areas (Eldin, Faron, etc.), so I'm guessing Skyward and TP take place in an alternate timeline that is not connected to Ocarina. Or Ocarina could take place in the "New Hyrule" that was found after the events of Wind Waker; meaning Skyward and TP take place in the "Old Hyrule". This would explain the difference in Hyrule's geography between Ocarina and TP.

Skyward Sword tells the origin of the Master Sword, which then spawns the entire series. But there was no Master Sword in Zelda 1 or Zelda 2... So could those 2 games take place in a different time period too?

It's so confusing...

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,232. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

The whole series is messed up thanks to Twilight Princess. Nintendo decided to give the areas of Hyrule different names from the areas of Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past.

Skyward Sword reuses the names of the TP areas (Eldin, Faron, etc.), so I'm guessing Skyward and TP take place in an alternate timeline that is not connected to Ocarina. Or Ocarina could take place in the "New Hyrule" that was found after the events of Wind Waker; meaning Skyward and TP take place in the "Old Hyrule". This would explain the difference in Hyrule's geography between Ocarina and TP.

Skyward Sword tells the origin of the Master Sword, which then spawns the entire series. But there was no Master Sword in Zelda 1 or Zelda 2... So could those 2 games take place in a different time period too?

It's so confusing...

No its not. Land masses change over time.

Yeah No. Ocrinca is on all the time lines and then they split off into the WW timeline and the TP timeline.

Also the Mater sword not being in Zelda I or II could be explained by it becoming forgotten over time.

The Timeline goes

Skyward Sword
|
Minish Cap
|
Ocarina of time - Wind Waker- Phantom Hourglass- Spirit tracks
|
Majora's Mask
|
Twilight Princess
|
Link to the past
|
Link's awakening
|
Legend of Zelda
|
Zelda II

The temple with the boomerang in TP is where the Great Deku tree used to be. Not sure how far your in to SS and don't want to spoil the game for anyone else.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

WaluigiBag

1,233. Posted:

SPOILERS!

I LOVE the characters in this game! The people of Skyloft, the new (and old) species. Among my favorites are Scrapper, Skipper, and the Mogmas! :D

The music that plays around Scrapper reminds me of something from a Paper Mario game! Does anyone else think so? :D

WaluigiBag

Nintendo Network ID: WaluigiBag

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,234. Posted:

@Shingi_70

If Skyward Sword really is the prequel to Ocarina of Time, then it would share the same area names. But instead it reuses the area names from Twilight Princess (Faron Woods, Eldin, etc.). Twilight Princess takes place hundreds of years after Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time, so why would it have Skyward Sword's area names but not Ocarina, Link to the Past, etc.?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,235. Posted:

the area names are in OOT, but they were never actually named until Twilight Princess. That's the retcon I'm expecting.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

grenworthshero

1,236. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

@Shingi_70

If Skyward Sword really is the prequel to Ocarina of Time, then it would share the same area names. But instead it reuses the area names from Twilight Princess (Faron Woods, Eldin, etc.). Twilight Princess takes place hundreds of years after Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time, so why would it have Skyward Sword's area names but not Ocarina, Link to the Past, etc.?

Well, it is, afterall, a legend. Names change over time, especially given the unreliability of oral tradition.
Anyway, why is this conversation going on here, rather than the Skyward Sword Timeline thread?

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
3DS Code: 3823-8687-7682
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--Facebook--last.fm

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,237. Posted:

This could change but so far, the Majora's Mask comparisons for Skyloft have been a lie sadly. :( That's honestly my only dissappointment with this game.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Noire

1,238. Posted:

Yasha, you act like this is something new to Zelda when it's been that way since Ocarina of Time. Your helper ALWAYS points out stuff like that, and it has always been intrusive and obnoxious.

Edited on by Noire

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,239. Posted:

PhoenixCake wrote:

Yasha, you act like this is something new to Zelda when it's been that way since Ocarina of Time. Your helper ALWAYS points out stuff like that, and it has always been obtrusive and obnoxious.

Minda and the Red Lion weren't.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Noire

1,240. Posted:

I think Midna is as obnoxious as all of them (I think Fi is obnoxious too but her manner of speaking leaves me more intrigued as to what she is and where she came from) and the King of Red Lions talked just as much and told you exactly what to do whenever you were around him, he just didn't follow you around all the time.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.