Forums

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,905

Noire

omg spoilers!!!!

Adam wrote:

Perhaps the biggest spoiler and one I'm thankful I avoided, is that the final boss is Akuma.

OMG I am so glad I was not the only one who thought that.

Anyways I'm just going to say my piece about Fi and be done with it. Her lack of personality makes her interesting. She's supposed to be a spirit, a soul trapped in a sword, but she acts more like an AI than anything else. Why though? That coupled with the Lanaryu desert and all it's advanced technology makes me wonder ... what if Din, Naryu and Farore aren't actually goddesses but aliens who crashed to earth carrying a powerful artifact? Or maybe a shapeshifting weapon embued with an artificial intelligence designed to eradicate evil? I doubt they'll ever go into this, but it just intrigued me way more than Midna.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

citizenerased

^ could've made the pre-quote thing a bit bolder, I automatically read quotes first =/

Untitled

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

LordTendoboy

Adam wrote:

While I loved the game and the ending over all, there was one really annoying thing about the end... "Hey, would you like to save? Ok, but if you do, we're going to erase all that data of yours. Bet you didn't see that coming." I didn't. Good one, Nintendo.

Also... Warning for those not finished the game yet: When you last have a chance to save before the final boss, Save and Quit, then Copy your file. Trust me. No need to thank me later.

The game erases your file after you beat the final boss? WTF Nintendo?!

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

shingi_70

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Adam wrote:

While I loved the game and the ending over all, there was one really annoying thing about the end... "Hey, would you like to save? Ok, but if you do, we're going to erase all that data of yours. Bet you didn't see that coming." I didn't. Good one, Nintendo.

Also... Warning for those not finished the game yet: When you last have a chance to save before the final boss, Save and Quit, then Copy your file. Trust me. No need to thank me later.

The game erases your file after you beat the final boss? WTF Nintendo?!

to play hero mode you have to delete your old save file. So just make a copy and keep it going.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

JayArr

Fi's singing animation completely ruined this game.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Adam

Hahaha, I at turns thought Fi's singing animation was awful and hilariously awful. Unfortunately, most of the time it was just the awful part.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Late

I've played about 12,5 hours and I don't think Fi is irritating but that's just me, I didn't have any problems with Navi. They both appear sometimes without doing anything but isn't that still a good thing that you don't need to listen all the stuff they want to say by pressing the button which summons them? I almost never touch that button cause I don't have to and I can get peace between their appearances.
What comes to the part after finishing a dungeon that is when I don't like Fi, I just don't like the dancing animation. Why does she have to dance when translating the text to me?

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Spoony_Tech

I knew there was a good reason I stayed out of this topic. I just beat the first dungeon and am now doing some side quest and have a loooooong way to go so ill be leaving for a while. I only get about 5-10 hours a week to play this so right around the new year I might have this done or not no hurry! Games like this don't need to be rushed through! I am enjoying my time with this so far!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Philip_J_Reed

So far this game is making me miss Twilight Princess, and that's something I didn't think was possible. I'm glad everyone else is enjoying it, but I'm pretty close to just trading it in.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

shingi_70

Isn't Fi a Computer A.I. I think those who expected a personality missed the point.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Terave

The dungeon are too short, actually. Usually, they were pretty big, but I did know they were shrinking a bit. A BIT. Not just one floor and that's all...

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Spoony_Tech

Chicken_Brutus wrote:

So far this game is making me miss Twilight Princess, and that's something I didn't think was possible. I'm glad everyone else is enjoying it, but I'm pretty close to just trading it in.

=-O

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

LordTendoboy

Are you talking about when Fi dances on the waters where Zelda is purified?

[...

BenAV

Chicken_Brutus wrote:

Well, I guess no game can please everyone.
Have fun with Twilight Princess.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Kid_A

Chicken_Brutus wrote:

Why do you hate good games, Phil?
In all seriousness, I really would like to hear your criticisms. Personally, I think it's the best 3D Zelda by a long shot.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

NX01Trekkie1992

tendoboy1984 wrote:

The whole series is messed up thanks to Twilight Princess. Nintendo decided to give the areas of Hyrule different names from the areas of Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past.

Skyward Sword reuses the names of the TP areas (Eldin, Faron, etc.), so I'm guessing Skyward and TP take place in an alternate timeline that is not connected to Ocarina. Or Ocarina could take place in the "New Hyrule" that was found after the events of Wind Waker; meaning Skyward and TP take place in the "Old Hyrule". This would explain the difference in Hyrule's geography between Ocarina and TP.

Skyward Sword tells the origin of the Master Sword, which then spawns the entire series. But there was no Master Sword in Zelda 1 or Zelda 2... So could those 2 games take place in a different time period too?

It's so confusing...

Not confusing at all, you're forgetting that just because the name of different provinces weren't SAID in OoT, doesn't mean that the different areas didn't have those names, OoT also could NOT have taken place in New Hyrule, which was founded AFTER the flooding of old Hyrule in the Adult Timeline, which was a direct result of events in OoT, as the intro to Wind Waker states. The differences in Hyrule's geography can be explained by the following: Time, geography changes over the course of centuries, Link and Zelda only come into the picture (and thus a Legend of Zelda game) when evil arises and the need for a hero to save the world comes about. However, other things can happen in-between these occurrences, Hyrule could go to war with a neighbouring kingdom, the castle could be burned down, and rebuilt in another location. (most likely how the castle ended up somewhere else in TP, ALttP, etc), the forest can grow and claim the old location of the castle and temple of time (as in TP), and there can be earthquakes and other seismic occurrences causing the great fissures in the ground seen in TP. As for no Master sword in Zelda I or II, this can be explained as occurring at the end of the Child Timeline, AFTER the Master Sword is forever laid to rest by the events of ALttP. Also considering into this conclusion is the sheer scale of the development of the infrastructure of Hyrule in Zelda II, many different palaces, many more villages and towns than in previous games, it takes time to build on that scale, and if you view Zelda I and II as taking place in two separate 'halves' of Hyrule, a north and a south (with the original in the south and the second in the north), the maps actually line up, and give a picture of a vast, wide Hyrule. Really, the only games that DON'T have a clear place in the timelines are the Minish Cap and Four Swords games, I personally think they fall somewhere in the end of either the adult or child timeline, but DEFINITELY not at the beginning before SS (the ending of SS makes that fairly obvious to me)

Edited on by NX01Trekkie1992

NX01Trekkie1992

retired_account

Kid_A wrote:

Chicken_Brutus wrote:

Why do you hate good games, Phil?

Too much BPlus. Daz has ruined the poor guy.

retired_account

LzWinky

I recommend planning breaks before doing the Boss Rush, especially late in the game. I almost broke mine with all the intense battles at the end

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LordTendoboy

Chicken_Brutus wrote:

Agreed. I found Midna and the whole story of the Twilight Realm to be much more interesting. Skyward Sword is a good game with good sword combat, but the story is just too convoluted. There isn't much backstory to Demise, and I don't get how he is related to Ganon. He never appears in any other games (since the developers obviously made him up just for this game).

I hate how the developers add in more stuff in each new game. The narrative is all over the place, and with each new game, the series gets more and more complicated.

Maybe it would be better to just treat most Zelda games as self-contained stories, with very minimal connections (Triforce, Master Sword, etc.). Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are related, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks are related. A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening are related. All the other games might as well be separate stories.

Skyward Sword pretty much retcons everything that was established by previous games. Maybe Nintendo should remake the older games and update them with Skyward Sword's narrative / history (Skyloft, Demise, Girahim, Goddess Harp, Goddess Hylia, The Imprisoned, etc.).

Edited on by LordTendoboy

[...

NX01Trekkie1992

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Agreed. I found Midna and the whole story of the Twilight Realm to be much more interesting. Skyward Sword is a good game with good sword combat, but the story is just too convoluted. There isn't much backstory to Demise, and I don't get how he is related to Ganon. He never appears in any other games (since the developers obviously made him up just for this game).

I hate how the developers add in more stuff in each new game. The narrative is all over the place, and with each new game, the series gets more and more complicated.

Maybe it would be better to just treat most Zelda games as self-contained stories, with very minimal connections (Triforce, Master Sword, etc.). Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are related, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks are related. A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening are related. All the other games might as well be separate stories.

Skyward Sword pretty much retcons everything that was established by previous games. Maybe Nintendo should remake the older games and update them with Skyward Sword's narrative / history.

um, Demise IS the backstory to Ganon, that's the whole POINT, which you seem to have missed, he said how an incarnation of his hatred will always plague the descendants of Link and Zelda (obviously Ganondorf), he doesn't appear in any other games because he himself is vanquished in the end of the game, in anything, this simplifies the series more than it complicates it, it explains the reason that Link and Zelda are always around to face evil (courtesy of the curse placed by Demise), explains the origins of the Master Sword and Ganondorf, and simply makes the series that much more of a complete picture.

While you CAN view the games as separate but connected, your reasoning is a bit flawed, Spirit Tracks takes place roughly the same amount of time after WW/PH as TP does after OoT, and with a different Link to boot, the games CAN and DO fit together into a neat little picture (as evidenced by Shigeru Miyamoto's statements that there IS a master timeline hidden somewhere at Nintendo HQ) there's just a few games that don't have a specific spot yet, but that will all become clear in time I think

NX01Trekkie1992

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.