Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 121 to 140 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

Bigdog

121. Posted:

Here's the link for the IGN interview @wario refered to.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1099184p1.html

Some interesting stuff there.

Apparently, they hadn't agreed on doing an orchestrated score at all, and then Miyamoto just dropped that bomb at the developer's meeting about it. Aonuma was like "Really, we can do it?!"

LOL Classic Miyamoto, forcing Nintendo's hand in order for us to get a better project. Now they HAVE to get it approved.

I've heard sooo many stories about Miyamoto doing sneaky stuff like this during development, I think it's awesome on his part. The dude purposefully doubled the size of the dungeons on the original Zelda by submitting the dungeon plans folded, got someone else to convince Aonuma to try putting M+ on this Zelda after they had initially given up on it it, and now he pretty much forced Nintendo approving getting the orchestrated score into Skyward Sword.

Can't imagine Nintendo without him, but it's great to see that Zelda's got a master in Aonuma.

@Faron, I hadn't thought of that until you mentioned it. Your are right, OoT HAS to be Ganondorf's first appearance in the supposed "time-line" as he's just a desert thief prior to the events. No way Ganondorf is in this game. Maybe we'll get something about those three Goddesses from OoT. Something about the creation of Hyrule.

Edited on by Bigdog

"Maybe you're MY puppet"

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

122. Posted:

Miyamoto is the man, Though i'm glad Aonuma is taking over more as he's a big fan of story in zelda games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Sean007s

123. Posted:

I'm excited big time for this game.
Hopefully they don't make it too easy for the casuals.
I know thats been said but seriously...most of their games have been a tad bit too easy.

Still I cannot wait to play this game and I will be buying Motion Plus for it.
Haven't tried that out yet. lol

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

124. Posted:

Does any know if there is any video of the demo from start to finish, i'm tired of looking at fragmented bits of gameplay.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Sean007s

125. Posted:

@Shingi_70

The demo had a time limit on it.
You may find some people fighting the Scorpion boss but that is as far as it will go.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

126. Posted:

I'm betting this will be the earliest, timeline-wise. They already dropped the reveal (i think in the aforementioned IGN interview?) that the Skyward Sword, which is also the female from the teaser-image, ultimately becomes the Master Sword.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 23 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 11 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Adam

127. Posted:

I recall Aonuma saying that the girl-thing in the picture is not the sword, actually. What I think he said was something to the effect of: "I've heard a lot of rumors that the girl in the concept art is the master sword. This is not true; in fact, the Skyward Sword becomes the master sword! Sorry to spoil that."

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

128. Posted:

Ton of gameplay videos here. Check them out.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

129. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

I recall Aonuma saying that the girl-thing in the picture is not the sword, actually. What I think he said was something to the effect of: "I've heard a lot of rumors that the girl in the concept art is the master sword. This is not true; in fact, the Skyward Sword becomes the master sword! Sorry to spoil that."

However, I'm pretty sure that he also said that the girl (or the spirit of her or whatever) turns into the Skyward Sword. That also might be entirely untrue. You know me Adam, I'm prone to completely make crap up :p

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

130. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

Here's the quote from Aonuma:

"One of the driving parts of the story is that Link has to travel back and forth between Skyloft and this other land. The thing that leads Link down is the subtitle, the Skyward Sword. The mysterious figure in the artwork we released last year is the Skyward Sword. When it's leading Link or advising him it will take on this appearance.

You've probably realised this already, but the Master Sword is very important. What exactly is it? That's something you can maybe imagine for yourselves. Actually, I'll go and tell you right out: The Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword. Sorry about that."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=251885&am...

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 23 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 11 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Adam

131. Posted:

Haha, so am I. And it turns out you're right.

Aonuma wrote:

That mysterious figure in last year's art is the Skyward Sword. People suspected this to be the Master Sword…but spoiler alert, the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword.

Edit: Beaten to the punch at my own correction.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

132. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

Aonuma wrote:

That mysterious figure in last year's art is the Skyward Sword. People suspected this to be the Master Sword…but spoiler alert, the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword.

He also said the sword has intelligence and it can turn into the girl to talk to link.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Ricardo91

133. Posted:

Wow, that is one snazzy art style. It combines the maturity of Twilight Princess with the colorfulness of the Wind Waker. Provided they don't stretch the game out and make it as plodding and boring as TP, it'll be a insta-buy for me.

Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer Simpson
Nintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.
VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Token_Girl

134. Posted:

Wow, the story sounds awesome so far. They referenced the "sky people" in TP, so I bet that's what this world is.

See, that's all you needed to give me and now I'm flipping out over this game. It's also nice to hear the controls have worked well. It will be nice to see how the environments look too once they get the polygon count up a bit.

And flying...consider my gaming appetite whetted.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage

romulux

135. Posted:

one thing i'm noticing about the art style is that it completely defeats the rough-edged look wii games are notorious for. look at that: http://www.zeldainformer.com/images/news/RVL_ZeldaSS_08ss14_E...

not a jaggy in sight.

also, there's still a chance it's coming this year. nintendo's dramatically overestimating how long it will take to finish to be completely sure they have enough time, and i wouldn't be surprised if they decide it's ready long before the estimates we've gotten:

Shigeru Miyamoto has told us that the gameplay development of Zelda Skyward Sword for Wii is "almost complete".

The Nintendo legend revealed today that Nintendo could easily release the title before the end of the year - but decided to ensure they had enough time to polish it to perfection.

The game was shown off and named for the first time at E3 almost 12 hours ago - where a release date of 2011 was confirmed.

"Particularly now with what we're showing [at E3] the gameplay is very complete," revealed Miyamoto. "You're starting to see what the visual style will look like. We have a few more dungeons and very challenging bosses to complete.

"Gameplay structure is so complete and we'll be able to put it together relatively quickly. But we could not be entirely, 100 per cent confident we would get it done before the end of the year, so we've said we need 'up to the end of the year' for development."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=251883

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Cia

136. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

Aonuma wrote:

He also said the sword has intelligence and it can turn into the girl to talk to link.

So, Master Sword is basically Her :P. One thing about the art style (or atmosphere) that comes to mind is that Nintendo seems to take turns between "cheerful" and "dark" when it comes to Zelda main series: OOT was cheerful, MM dark, WW cheerful, TP dark, and now once again, SS looks to be cheerful.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

AuthorMessage

Noire

137. Posted:

I'm seriously excited about it.

I'm getting every wireless device I have in my house toegether so that I too can have a grand ol' Miyamoto time not being able to aim my bow at anything other than the ground. :P

take this, ground! always in my way

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

138. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

Im positive there will be a left hand option.

Prepare to be disappointed. From Aonuma's recent interview with IGN:

IGN: In past Zelda games, people noticed that Link was obviously left-handed. And I know that all the Zelda games are stand-alones -- but in this particular game, will there be a lefty option for left-handed people?

Aonuma: It's interesting because people say "all you have to do is switch it." But in reality, it's really hard. You have to change all the models -- you have to make two of everything. So really you're making two complete games, one left-handed version and one right-handed version. We just can't do that. For Twilight Princess, what we did was just create a mirror -- we flipped everything. And if that worked I guess we could do it that way, but again having to create two games is not something we want to do. We just hope that people will play it right-handed.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

139. Posted:

warioswoods wrote:

vonseux wrote:

Im positive there will be a left hand option.

Prepare to be disappointed. From Aonuma's recent interview with IGN:

IGN: In past Zelda games, people noticed that Link was obviously left-handed. And I know that all the Zelda games are stand-alones -- but in this particular game, will there be a lefty option for left-handed people?

Aonuma: It's interesting because people say "all you have to do is switch it." But in reality, it's really hard. You have to change all the models -- you have to make two of everything. So really you're making two complete games, one left-handed version and one right-handed version. We just can't do that. For Twilight Princess, what we did was just create a mirror -- we flipped everything. And if that worked I guess we could do it that way, but again having to create two games is not something we want to do. We just hope that people will play it right-handed.

I really can't imagine how they could make a left handed option. Unless you want to hold the nunchuck in your right hand...which would be a bit odd

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

140. Posted:

Actually, while I'm right-handed, I do sometimes switch out to hold the nunchuck on the right / remote on the left. Of course, I only do that to vary the motion of both arms and thereby mitigate carpal tunnel. It's somewhat challenging to do, but your brain adapts after a few minutes (or after getting brutally killed a dozen times, when I did this with RE4).

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread