Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,121. Posted:

Adam wrote:

The first dungeons in every Zelda are small.

except for Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. And maybe Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks in a way.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

1,122. Posted:

FluttershyGuy wrote:

Something that's surprised me so far after finishing the first two dungeons is how small they are in relation to other Zelda titles! It seems like there are only a few large-scale rooms with several puzzles to solve in each room. There aren't even multiple floors! May seem like an odd complaint, and it isn't necessarily even a complaint. Just strange to me given the sheer size of past Zelda dungeons. These first two especially seem relatively short compared to Ocarina of Time's first two, Great Deku Tree and Dodongo Cavern. To those farther into the game, do the dungeons get bigger?

I would say the dungeons are more compact than small. While they are small in size, I find that they take just as long to complete as any other dungeon in the Zelda series. Besides, most of the large dungeons in the past were mostly linear, and Skyward Sword's dungeons are definitely not linear.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

JGMR

1,123. Posted:

What is / are the favorite dungeon(s) of you people? :p (spoiler-free please)

I enjoyed the 3rd Dungeon (the desert one) the most up until now.

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

1,124. Posted:

Buddha is taking a walk in paradise when he comes across a pond. He looks into it and gazes into hell. There he sees a particular sinner, whose only good deed in his whole life was sparig the life of a spider he was about to kill. Moved by this single act of compassion, he lowers a spider's thread into hell to pull him up. The sinner is overjoyed, but when he sees all the other sinners trying to climb the thread, he gets angry and shouts that it's his thread alone and the others will just tear it apart. As soon as he says this, the thread tears and they all fall back into hell.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,125. Posted:

I guess the 4th dungeon just because boss you fight was creepy. xD

lz20XX wrote:

FluttershyGuy wrote:

Something that's surprised me so far after finishing the first two dungeons is how small they are in relation to other Zelda titles! It seems like there are only a few large-scale rooms with several puzzles to solve in each room. There aren't even multiple floors! May seem like an odd complaint, and it isn't necessarily even a complaint. Just strange to me given the sheer size of past Zelda dungeons. These first two especially seem relatively short compared to Ocarina of Time's first two, Great Deku Tree and Dodongo Cavern. To those farther into the game, do the dungeons get bigger?

I would say the dungeons are more compact than small. While they are small in size, I find that they take just as long to complete as any other dungeon in the Zelda series. Besides, most of the large dungeons in the past were mostly linear, and Skyward Sword's dungeons are definitely not linear.

Yeah, when I heard the dungeons here were "smaller" than usual, it kinda worried me a bit since I loved them. But actually going through them still takes as long as any other dungeon (probably because it was my first time, but whatever), they were still awesome. (except the last one. >_>)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

1,126. Posted:

Eureka did you read my thing? It has to do with that dungeon.

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,127. Posted:

....I don't get it. (not really with it tonight, lol)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

1,128. Posted:

This Buddhist Myth is what that Dungeon was based off of. Your favorite.

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,129. Posted:

Considering the entire outside area leading to each dungeon is basically a dungeon itself, I think the sizes are favorably comparable to the old games.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Kagamine

1,130. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

This Buddhist Myth is what that Dungeon was based off of. Your favorite.

oh wow, thatd be kinda cool if it were true.

my favorite dungeon is the 4th aswell. I loved the boss battle but it still doesn't top the first boss battle.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

1,131. Posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spider%27s_Thread

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

ocarinaoftime

1,132. Posted:

Every time I turn a coner or open a door im like i cant waif to see what is next...This game is a 10 ....

ocarinaoftime

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,133. Posted:

Did anyone else pull their hair out trying to solve that bridge puzzle in front of the Isle of Songs? Grrr!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,134. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

Did anyone else pull their hair out trying to solve that bridge puzzle in front of the Isle of Songs? Grrr!

lol not really. It seemed confusing at first because I didn't know what I was doing. xD

AuthorMessage

JGMR

1,135. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

That was a great puzzle! More of that please... :p

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

L-ouie

1,136. Posted:

90s_Gamer wrote:

What is / are the favorite dungeon(s) of you people? :p (spoiler-free please)

I haven't beat the game yet but right now my favorite is the third dungeon.
My favorite boss however is in the fourth dungeon.

hype train destinations: Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, E3

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

1,137. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

So you know how Twilight Princess bosses were way too easy?

has to use every single heart around the arena and a fairy to beat first major boss

that's better. I love attacking a boss with a sword 30+ times and having them leave somehow without a scratch on them.

I'll never understand why people complain about the super-easy bosses in Twilight Princess but not the ones in Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker.

Anyway, I'm happy with Skyward Sword's overall difficulty (which is about the same as Majora's Mask, IMO). The dungeon bosses have been hit-and-miss for me, though. So far half of them follow a battle formula that I absolutely hate, and the other half are awesome.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

1,138. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

lol not really. It seemed confusing at first because I didn't know what I was doing. xD

Same here. That was a really good puzzle.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,139. Posted:

There is a treasure chest on an island near Skyloft (appeared after hitting a goddess cube). I can't dive onto it, but I can't find a way onto it. It is near the cave where you find the red bird in the very beginning of the game. Any help would be appreciated.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,140. Posted:

I loled at Beedle blatantly using the exact same music and voiced lines from Wind Waker for some reason.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/