Forums

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,905

Crystalking18

30 hours and I'm in Lanaryu desert trying to find the next area with the clawshots. I loe the Silent Realm and always think they're challenging. The second and fourth dungeon bosses are the best bosses so far as well as the Sealed Grounds boss (Trying to keep semi spoiler free)

FF6: Release year- 1994
Kefka's birthday - November 9th
So.... my life is practically mirroring Kefka? Cool.

Kagamine

ok just finished the second trial. I absolutely love this game. I think im going to go off and do some side quests now. Music is amazing, art style is fabulous, and the script is absolutely delicious! I have not found a single flaw in this game that really matters yet.

The controls took a little while to get used to but feel very natural now. I love flying around the sky exploring and messing around on random islands.

One thing that slightly dissapoints me though is that i have yet to be stumped. The puzzles are fairly easy and i can figure all of them out without much thought. anybody else feel this way?

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

Adam

I definitely have been stumped by one or two puzzles. I only figured out one just now completely by accident while waiting for someone else to explain it to me.

I also really like the trials. I hope there are more than the three of them. I haven't finished the last dungeon from that set yet. It's basically like Phantom Hourglass's dungeon you have to return to often, except more (sort of) Pac-Man-like instead of being a huge puzzle. Makes me wish there were a two-player mode like in PH where one player can move the enemies around. Maybe if Wii U Zelda retains the spirit trials that would be more feasible.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

SamuraiShyGuy

I'm not really reading previous posts for fear of spoilers, but I'm loving this game. I'm in the third dungeon right now. I love the collecting of treasure and using it to upgrade your equipment. There doesn't seem to be many islands to explore though.

I had a weird experience at the bamboo minigame place. He wanted 10 rupees to play and I had 18 and he said I didn't have enough to play. I tried about 5 times but he never let me play until I came back with a ton of rupees. What a chump.

Oh, and R.I.P. compass.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

Adam

The compass has always been generally useless, except in Link's Awakening when it told you if there was a secret treasure chest in a room, but the map already has chests marked now. Oh well, it had a good run.

Come on, friends,

SamuraiShyGuy

I know it was never very helpful compared to the actual map, but it still feels weird not finding a compass in each dungeon. I miss the little guy.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Joeynator3000

Never really made sense on how a compass could pin-point treasure chest locations for you anyway, lol.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Kid_A

Project-L wrote:

Skyward Sword Joke of a Day

Ask your doctor about Skyward Sword. Side effects may include dowsing, time traveling, and tanooki-cat scratches.

This has to stop.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Chrono_Cross

Kid_A wrote:

Project-L wrote:

Skyward Sword Joke of a Day

Ask your doctor about Skyward Sword. Side effects may include dowsing, time traveling, and tanooki-cat scratches.

This has to stop.

Can you say mediocre?!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

TeeJay

Yes, please. None of those "jokes" are even chuckle-worthy. They just seem like statements.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Kagamine

Eureka wrote:

...................I just noticed, wtf is up with the url? xD
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/zeldaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

i noticed that to, strange

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

kkslider5552000

So you know how Twilight Princess bosses were way too easy?

has to use every single heart around the arena and a fairy to beat first major boss

that's better. I love attacking a boss with a sword 30+ times and having them leave somehow without a scratch on them.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LucinaSmash

Dark_TeeJay wrote:

Yes, please. None of those "jokes" are even chuckle-worthy. They just seem like statements.

Sorry. I was too busy thinking about how awesome Skyward Sword is that the game blinded my realization of how bad my jokes are.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

EvilRegal

Something that's surprised me so far after finishing the first two dungeons is how small they are in relation to other Zelda titles! It seems like there are only a few large-scale rooms with several puzzles to solve in each room. There aren't even multiple floors! May seem like an odd complaint, and it isn't necessarily even a complaint. Just strange to me given the sheer size of past Zelda dungeons. These first two especially seem relatively short compared to Ocarina of Time's first two, Great Deku Tree and Dodongo Cavern. To those farther into the game, do the dungeons get bigger?

Something else I'm missing, since you have to sleep in a bed to switch from day to night, is the morning theme jingle that starts playing at sunrise since OoT's Hyrule Field theme. My perfect wake up is setting the alarm on my iPod clock/radio to iPod, with a Zelda morning theme ready to introduce me to the new day!
EDIT: Well, the perfect wake up not involving women or food!

@Burny

Ever tried slicing insects or accidentally squished one? It's a bit evil.

I've not done that yet. What I did do is accidentally slice a butterfly with my sword! Seeing that little skull traumatized me. I'm still in mourning. And, as any MLP fans who know the significance of the butterfly realize, this was especially awful to do having the name FLUTTERSHYGuy! I'm a murderer...

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

kkslider5552000

I heard about how to not get stuck in the first dungeon and still got stuck in the same part. The clues were pretty funny since I only figured out the real significance of them too late. "You idiot, the switch was right near the door!". It was pretty genius I have to say.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

SamuraiShyGuy

What is with all the pumpkins in this game? Have any of you tried stabbing a pumpkin? It gets stuck on your sword and you can walk around with it there. When you swing your sword again, it gets flung off. It's little touches like these that make Zelda games so special.

Adam

The first dungeons in every Zelda are small. They of course get bigger as the game progresses.

Come on, friends,

kkslider5552000

Adam wrote:

The first dungeons in every Zelda are small.

except for Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. And maybe Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks in a way.

LzWinky

FluttershyGuy wrote:

Something that's surprised me so far after finishing the first two dungeons is how small they are in relation to other Zelda titles! It seems like there are only a few large-scale rooms with several puzzles to solve in each room. There aren't even multiple floors! May seem like an odd complaint, and it isn't necessarily even a complaint. Just strange to me given the sheer size of past Zelda dungeons. These first two especially seem relatively short compared to Ocarina of Time's first two, Great Deku Tree and Dodongo Cavern. To those farther into the game, do the dungeons get bigger?

I would say the dungeons are more compact than small. While they are small in size, I find that they take just as long to complete as any other dungeon in the Zelda series. Besides, most of the large dungeons in the past were mostly linear, and Skyward Sword's dungeons are definitely not linear.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.