Forums

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,905

Burny

FluttershyGuy wrote:

Neat little details like that really add something to a game. I once was smashing pumpkins, now I'm stabbing pumpkins! btw, those are a great source of green and blue rupees!

Ever tried slicing insects or accidentally squished one? It's a bit evil.

"I kill Gandalf." Igor - Dork Tower

Nintendo Network ID: BurnyBurns

Terave

And I'm in the first dungeon! SPOILER However, the puzzle just before entering it, with the bird looking skywards, I was stuck for at least ten minutes xD SPOILERS END

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Adam

tealovertoma wrote:

BeatOli wrote:

Does anyone else hate the techlobins? It may be just me, but I keep getting zapped by them every time I try and hit them - I even wait until they stop defending....

Yup, annoying as hell. Just do the sword counter thing.

Use the slingshot. I had the same problem, and it didn't cross my mind to use the slingshot for a long time because I just associate the item with uselessness from past games, and I expect to have the boomerang to stun people. But you can stun with the slingshot, then just waggle away and relive the the Twilight Princess glory days for a brief few moments.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

selectra

I dont know if this is the right part of the forum, but i really have troubles selecting items, when i release the button it would only show information, it does not even switch from aura to normal viewing.

I hope somebody can help. Im freaking out about this ...

Edited on by selectra

selectra

Late

selectra wrote:

I dont know if this is the right part of the forum, but i really have troubles selecting items, when i release the button it would only show information, it does not even switch from aura to normal viewing.

You're using B to change items and not 1, right? At least I think you get item information when touching items in the screen after pressing 1.
And C is used to switch aura. Just push the button until you get the selection and then move it to another aura and release the button, same goes with item changing.

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

selectra

Late wrote:

selectra wrote:

You're using B to change items and not 1, right? At least I think you get item information when touching items in the screen after pressing 1.
And C is used to switch aura. Just push the button until you get the selection and then move it to another aura and release the button, same goes with item changing.

When I am in the menu (using 1) i keep pressing c or - and release it on the item/aura I want (as the screen tells me to) and then I get nothing but information!?!

selectra

KaiserGX

pocket_arsenal wrote:

Spoilers for those questioning my dislike.
Spoilers

Hylia has been mentioned in several games, just not directly by name as a Goddess who became mortal, and Ganon originating as an incarnation of a Demon is also mentioned in some games, one I can specifically remember is Four Swords Adventures that Zelda called him the Ancient Demon Reborn. That same War is mentioned in Minish Cap as well.

Ganondorf isn't possessed though and the original Ganon (with the Trident of Power) is a separate Ganon from Ganondorf from OOT.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Late

selectra wrote:

Late wrote:

selectra wrote:

When I am in the menu (using 1) i keep pressing c or - and release it on the item/aura I want (as the screen tells me to) and then I get nothing but information!?!

The thing is that you don't need to go to the menu by pressing 1. You can use -, c or b anywhere to change items/aura/weapons but if you use 1 you go to the information screen where you just get the information of those things.

It's its, not it's.

selectra

Late wrote:

selectra wrote:

Late wrote:

selectra wrote:

The thing is that you don't need to go to the menu by pressing 1. You can use -, c or b anywhere to change items/aura/weapons but if you use 1 you go to the information screen where you just get the information of those things.

Haha i just found it out myself (me dummy) thx of taking care of me in this hard time

selectra

LucinaSmash

Skyward Sword Joke of the Day

Question: Who is the only person who doesn't know anything about Wii MotionPlus's calibration?
Answer: Shigeru Miyamoto during E3 2010.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Kid_A

Boooo!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Odnetnin

OK, I really don't like the controls now. I was one bomb away from defeating Scaldera, and coincidentally half a heart away from dying (used all my potions/fairies before I got to the boss), and of course, like he does 50-75% of the time, instead of rolling a bomb, Link swung his sword, dooming me.

After starting over and going through the cutscene and everything again, Fi tried to be helpful by offering me advice. I had no idea my sword probably isn't going to hurt it, thanks Fi! And what's this you say? Bombs may work? But not on the outside of him? I have to find a different way to hurt it with them? You're just full of wisdom!

Really wanna hurt Fi and my gold controller right now.
on the bright side, off to lanaryu or whatever desert

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Adam

I don't think I ever had to frantically use bombs after that part, so at least it should be looking up for you from here out, if I remember right. I hate the bomb controls so much.

Come on, friends,

Kid_A

I hated the bomb controls for awhile but I really dig 'em now. Just takes practice.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Late

I used bombs today for the first time and was surprised that I didn't have any problems with them and most of people still say that they're hard to get work right. I threw them, bowled them and just left them on the ground and not even once did I have troubles with them in the half hour which I used to mess around with them. Am I doing something wrong as I have no troubles?

It's its, not it's.

Odnetnin

I'm not saying they're bad for everyone, but "practice" is not going to change my personal opinion of them; I've used them enough to make a decision. The fact of the matter is if this game used traditional controls for the bombs I would never have this problem. That alone shows that they can hurt the experience.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Adam

I'm just as far as you but on the second set of dungeons. You're on your way to one of the most unique areas in a Zelda game, by the way, and it only gets crazier when you come back to it later.

I didn't need much, if any, practice on any of the other items. I had a ton of trouble with bomb controls for all of the Eldin section of part one, which lasted me a few hours, so I don't think it's really much a matter of practice. No one part of a video game should take hours of practice. That's just bad controls, to me. Thankfully, I haven't need to use bombs much sense, at least not while on a short fuse or while being attacked by a giant monster.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

JGMR

Kid_A wrote:

I hated the bomb controls for awhile but I really dig 'em now. Just takes practice.

I got frustrated in the Ordon area, not knowing how to roll bombs... You probably know what part I'm talking about... Now it's second nature...

With kind regards,

JGMR

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.