Forums

Topic: Your opinion on Birthday Party Bash (It's My Birthday).

Posts 141 to 160 of 200

Adam

More of a pet name than a tagline, but thanks.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Philip_J_Reed

Ricardo91 wrote:

Tell me how you can die in Wii Sports. Then we'll talk.

Ricardo wins.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

eugenewrayburn

Oh, yes fanboys!

Yes, you must mean the fanboys who lead crusades against NPC.

You must mean the fanboys who cry about 'Nintendo shovelware' they never have to buy - I am sure they complained about PS2 shovelware they never had to buy as well???

And 'casual' Nintendo - ruining their gaming lives cause they take time away from 'hardcore' Nintendo!

And the fanboys who read Nintendo media press releases and find personal and 'group' insults! 0 - o

And the fanboy media violence mongers! Yea! : How bout Matt@ign and his hardcore scrambled crap screen shot of a 'hardcore' violent game with blood and a sword! Wow! Amazing! I am hyped! I am core, here me drool like Pavlov's dog!

Any group of people who fall for a hardcore/casual marketing gamer divide deserve to wear their fanboy crown proudly - they have earned it!

Hardcore, casual = marketing. The real divide is between arcade and narrative games.

Adam

Um... you've just been telling me that licensed games are casual, and now you are saying people who fall for this should wear their fanboy crown proudly? Why don't you, then?

Untitled

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

eugenewrayburn

No man that is NOT TRUE!

lol, call me whatever you like this whole topic is a covert attempt to pawn and make ridiculous your silly hardcore and softcore fanboy identites!

Viva la Gamers!

Hardcore, casual = marketing. The real divide is between arcade and narrative games.

Adam

You've already been crowned The Hardcore King. Please, do not disappoint your legions of tween servants. Show us the way, m'lord, and we will follow.

Come on, friends,

Knux

weirdadam wrote:

You've already been crowned The Hardcore King. Please, do not disappoint your legions of tween servants. Show us the way, m'lord, and we will follow.

LOL, I think Eugene has lost this debate. It was fun, though. Cheers, Hardcore King.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

CowLaunch

This thread has more contradictions than the catholic church.

Whenever Eugene has been faced with logic he has moved onto another argument with even more pseudo-intellectual vigour. To me he comes accross as an out of work lecturer who has resorted to drink.

I would address the topic at hand, but the problem is I don't think anyone really knows the question. It is in this spirit that I propose that I build an even more powerful penguin than myself to decide the question. The answer is of course, 42.

CowLaunch

Adam

@SuperSonic
But... he's The King.

@CowLaunch
Haha, awesome analogy. So that's what the whole "42" thing was about.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Adam

I've already read all the books. Did you know there is a sequel in the works (or maybe already out?) by someone else? Supposed to be based on Adams' notes. I wonder if it'll be any good.

To clarify my comment, I meant it as in, "So that's what Douglas Adams was talking about with the whole 42 joke," as if the joke were about this thread.

Come on, friends,

CowLaunch

Ah, I apologise. You know what I did? I misread your post and didn't read the 'that', so I thought you asked 'What's the whole 42 thing about'. I am a dummy head.

I've not read the new one yet. Apart from the books my favourite version is the ropey BBC TV series.

Edited on by CowLaunch

CowLaunch

Knux

@Adam But even kings can't win debates sometimes.

Knux

Adam

The movie was pretty good, as far as movie adaptations go. I only watched part of the series, I think, but it was funny in its own way. My favorite of his books is actually the first Dirk Gentley, but the first two Hitchhikers are very close behind.

Just checked: ...And Another Thing comes out in October. Time will tell if HHG is as bad when written by another author as Dune was.

Come on, friends,

CowLaunch

@Adam
I've heard Dirk Gently is good, but hesitated in reading them because Adams (though brilliant) did seem to recycle ideas a lot. Have you read any P.G. Wodehouse? Like a lot of writers Adams was very influenced by his style.

I seem to have gone off topic quite a bit...

CowLaunch

Adam

CowLaunch wrote:

@Adam
I've heard Dirk Gently is good, but hesitated in reading them because Adams (though brilliant) did seem to recycle ideas a lot. Have you read any P.G. Wodehouse? Like a lot of writers Adams was very influenced by his style.

Never heard of him. Thanks, I need something new to read after I finish the Border Trilogy (McCarthy). I read Dirk Gently before most of the Hitchhiker sequels, so it's hard to remember if the ideas were recycled. I thought the sequel was terribly boring though and didn't get halfway through it.

CowLaunch wrote:

I seem to have gone off topic quite a bit...

Don't worry, I reported you.

On topic: I think It's My Birthday will be cool. Also, Douglas Adams has a birthday, too.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

ouenben

eugenewrayburn wrote:

Oh, yes fanboys!

Yes, you must mean the fanboys who lead crusades against NPC.

You must mean the fanboys who cry about 'Nintendo shovelware' they never have to buy - I am sure they complained about PS2 shovelware they never had to buy as well???

And 'casual' Nintendo - ruining their gaming lives cause they take time away from 'hardcore' Nintendo!

And the fanboys who read Nintendo media press releases and find personal and 'group' insults! 0 - o

And the fanboy media violence mongers! Yea! : How bout Matt@ign and his hardcore scrambled crap screen shot of a 'hardcore' violent game with blood and a sword! Wow! Amazing! I am hyped! I am core, here me drool like Pavlov's dog!

Any group of people who fall for a hardcore/casual marketing gamer divide deserve to wear their fanboy crown proudly - they have earned it!

The PS2 library sure did have a lot of shovelware and crap, but it made up for it by having an insanely high number of outstanding and brilliant titles which arguably, only the SNES could come close to matching. (though some beilieve it doesnt match)

Someone isn't a fanboy because they complain about the quality of the library on a console they bought, it shouldn't be that much to ask that we get some games that don't involve minigames, onrail-shooting, porting an old game or a generally watered down port from Xbox360/PS3.

I'm calling you a fanboy of most extremes because hell back in the day of Snes, perhaps even N64 Nintendo fanboys did have a hell of a lot to defend about their previous company, the quantity of quality games (and the quality of these games) was rarely matched back then. but now I just can't see why anyone would enjoys gaming could be so very defensive about Nintendo's current way of handling things (Money comes first, effort comes last, etc)

I'm not talking about a hardcore/casual divide because lets face it there is none, casuals will play mario galaxy, some zelda, some resident evil 4, and us gamers will play wii sports, some Wiifit, some Wii play, plus theres games like Mario kart wii which fit in the middle.

I'm not saying anyone who still likes Nintendo now is a fanboy or any other extreme accusations like that, but to defend them so intensely like you have (yet most people aren't buying your ludicrous arguments anyway) is a bit ridiculous when it's pretty obvious Nintendo are not the same company they used to be, there is no arguing that their output on the Wii has been somewhat lacking, in favour of less games to produce Wii fit, Wii sports 2 etc.

Edited on by theblackdragon

ouenben

Ricardo91

weirdadam wrote:

Oh snap!

CowLaunch wrote:

This thread has more contradictions than a catholic church.

LOL, nice analogy!

CowLaunch wrote:

I would address the topic at hand, but the problem is I don't think anyone really knows the question. It is in this spirit that I propose that I build an even more powerful penguin than myself to decide the question. The answer is of course, 42.

Of course! It all makes sense now...

Something tells me this thread's gonna have 10 pages deleted from it, just like the NPC game thread. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

theblackdragon

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

What would Citizen Kane say about this?

Either 'rosebud' or 'braaaaaains', depending on whether or not he has been zombified. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Adam

Whoa, there was another Eugene post here a second ago, but now there isn't. What has happened to our king? I hope he's okay.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.