Forums

Topic: Your latest Wii purchase

Posts 861 to 880 of 920

DefHalan

CanisWolfred wrote:

Excitebots. It was only $2, so why not?

That is a great game at such a low price. I hope ExciteBots and ExciteTruck come to the Wii U VC soon.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SuperWiiU

DefHalan wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Excitebots. It was only $2, so why not?

That is a great game at such a low price. I hope ExciteBots and ExciteTruck come to the Wii U VC soon.

I'm hoping for a physical HD remastered collection. As we never got ExciteBots in Europe and no Excite game at all on Wii U.

Pahvi

Animal Crossing something. I've never played one before, so I hope I won't get absolutely addicted to it.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?

DefHalan

Pahvi wrote:

Animal Crossing something. I've never played one before, so I hope I won't get absolutely addicted to it.

... 3 years later.
"I just finished the game, didn't take that long... wait, what time is it?"

Pahvi

@DefHalan Oh bother. Sounds like I ought to put it on my backlog indefinitely.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?

DefHalan

@Pahvi: No it isn't really that bad. Mainly you just visit your town for a hour or 2 a day and see what is new. It isn't a game you will spend 6 or 7 hours a day on.

KrakenSoup

Found a two-pack of Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles at Target for $12 on clearance. I didn't have interest in them before, but I'm a big RE fan and I figured, at that price, why not?

KrakenSoup

SuperWiiU

krakensoup wrote:

Found a two-pack of Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles at Target for $12 on clearance. I didn't have interest in them before, but I'm a big RE fan and I figured, at that price, why not?

I had the same thing with the Umbrella Chronicles+Handgun set at a similar price. The game isn't bad either.

foodmetaphors

Just picked up used copies of Twilight Princess for $15 and Skyward Sword for $30. Also got the Wii U at my friend's house up and running again as more of a Wii since their Gamepad doesn't accept button or touch inputs.

everything's good and it'll be that way forever!

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9105-7282 | Nintendo Network ID: FXM-729 | Twitter:

mookysam

Trauma Centre: Second Opinion (£1)
Wario Ware Smooth Moves (£1.50)
Trauma Centre New Blood (99p)
Dragon Quest Swords (£2.50)

I've wanted Wario Ware for years so decided may as well get it now. Trauma Centre is a series that has been on my list for a long time and they were dirt cheap so I thought why not! I'd never actually wanted Dragon Quest Swords because although I am a big fan of the series it looked like a rather dumbed down experience. I wanted to add to my DQ collection though and I'm not going to miss a couple of quid.

mookysam

Number_6

I just got a couple of games that I had wanted for a while:
1. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.
2. Arc Rise Fantasia.

Also picked up a copy of Skies of Arcadia for the Gamecube. I almost bought a Dreamcast to play the original version, but with both a Wii and Gamecube to play the port on, that seemed a little extravagant.

It was an expensive month, but it was worth it for 3 games that I've wanted for a while. I just gave up on getting them for a good price and paid a premium to get them in new or excellent condition. Fire Emblem cost me around $70 new. Oh well, these should tide me over until Persona 5 is released for the PS4.

I am not a number, I am a free man!
Er, except on my 3DS - 3308-4553-9848

gcunit

@mookysam: I've just got Smooth Moves for £2.25 on ebay. Where did you find it for £1.50?

Right now in my head, it's all horses, horses, horses, food, and horses.

Currently playing: Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Yoshi's Woolly World

Switch Friend code: SW-3124-5612-5724 - I like to keep a tight list of peeps I'm familiar with.

Dogorilla

Xenoblade Chronicles. (Yeah, I still hadn't played it.) I got it for £46 from eBay a few months ago, then about 2 weeks later it was released for £18 on Wii U VC! Oh well, it was probably worth the £46.

Dogorilla

DarkmarkUnited

Guitar Hero III and I want to get Wii Sports/resort

DarkmarkUnited

3DS Friend Code: 0920-1327-9702 | Nintendo Network ID: TheSwagMaster98

WaveBoy

@CanisWolfred:
Wish this would of replaced ExiteTruck as a launch title because it's that Much better. Mind you, I think what really put me off from ET was the god awful generic rowdy dowdy' barn yard-rock sountrack and lack luster presentation. still a fun game and the tilt controls work wonderfully, and were a great demonstration of Wii remote tilt controls.

Excitebots manage to do everything better, while bringing it's own quirky identity to the mix, although....Bringing the gameplay to a complete halt via those flippin' red bars drove me nuts, where you constantly have to swing/rotate the wii remote around for 5-10 second to flail off the bloody thing. And accidentally crashing into oblivion becomes far too frequent unfortunately. the 'lighter' bots seem to control better using tilt controls that's for sure due to their lighter weight. Lady Bug is always my top pick.

Currently Playing: TMNT II: The Arcade game
80's Fanatic & King of NES Tekkidome!

FlowForward

Super Mario Bros... Classic!

FlowForward

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic