Wii Forum

Topic: Your latest Wii purchase

Showing 661 to 680 of 844

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

661. Posted:

yeah, don't expect any Super Monkey Ball title to ever be that good again. Sadly. :(

WaveBoy wrote:

Finally! Like Pikmin 2, i need to get on this in preperation for Rayman Legends! Master Splinter won't have it any other way! WoAaAaAaA!!!!!
Untitled

while it's probably at least partially because of Rayman's previous popularity, it makes me so glad to see a 3rd party game I care about on Wii (even as a multiconsole game) actually ended up popular and made money. Also helps that the game is pretty awesome and on the level of the 1st party intentionally nostalgic 2d Wii platformers.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

brooks83

662. Posted:

Just picked up Endless Ocean: Blue World (without Wii Speak) for $13 at Big Lots.

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

663. Posted:

@KKSlider

I'm sure Sega will unleash a Super Monkey Ball sequal on the Wii U, and the controller is an absolute perfect fit(even more so than the wii remote) for motion/board tiling controls considering the Game Pad itself is shaped like a rectangle so it can at least replicate that feeling 'better' in terms of titling a board :p Plus, the game pad screen could utlize some pretty shnazzy innovative ideas in combination.

As for Rayman, i absolutely adored the PS1 2D original when i got it around the PS1's launch and remains one of my favorite 2D platformers out there, and Origins kind of seems to retain that whimsical magic but instead has gone for a more manic and styalised off the wall art direction instead of the more classical disney inspired look of the original. Looks like a blast nonetheless! This if anything, will get me mega pumped for Legends. Oh, just out of curiousity, how is rayman 2 on the 3DS? There's been such a great amount of mixed reactions at least with the 3DS version. eek!

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Haywired

664. Posted:

I'm surprised there are people that preferred Banana Blitz' Wii remote controls to the GameCube games. Before it came out a lot of people had already written their "it's perfect for the Wii remote" line, but then found that the analogue stick controls actually offered more subtle, nuanced precision due to the simple fact that you have a lot more dexterity and control in your thumb than you do in your comparatively clunky wrist. Then also, for the more extreme angles (like say high-speed straight down) the Wii remote would often go out of the range of the sensor bar and get stuck in no man's land. I suppose they had a certain goofy charm, but for me the analogue stick offered superior control.

Though I definately agree that Wii U gamepad tilting seems a much better fit. In fact, I'm not sure why they didn't go for Wii remote on its side tilting for Banana Blitz.

Edited on by Haywired

My Nintendo Collection

Nintendo Network ID: Haywired

AuthorMessage

Drobotic

665. Posted:

Picked up Epic Mickey last week.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,MLP:FiM,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: Bubblenom

AuthorMessage

Banker-Style

666. Posted:

Drobotic wrote:

Good man,prepare to enjoy a very good game.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

667. Posted:

Trying to stock up on a few more FirstWave Wii games that i missed out on, from Nov-Dec 06'. B-)
Excite Truck, Trauma Centre: Second opinion, Metal Slug Anthology and Dragon Quest Swords are next on the list!

Untitled

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

668. Posted:

Untitled

Couldn't resist this one and since it was the last copy my Target had I knew I had to get it so I didn't end up like some people with the Mario Anniversary collection a few years ago.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

SigourneyBeaver

669. Posted:

A-Hungry-Banker wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

With an annoying camera ;)

Sigourney Beaver.

AuthorMessage

Stereoman

670. Posted:

Metroid prime trilogy

And its awesome :D
though u need too much credits to unlock stuff -.-

Stereoman

AuthorMessage

Drobotic

671. Posted:

SigourneyBeaver wrote:

A-Hungry-Banker wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

True,true.The camera does get on my nerves a LOT when playing.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,MLP:FiM,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: Bubblenom

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

672. Posted:

Drobotic wrote:

SigourneyBeaver wrote:

A-Hungry-Banker wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

True,true.The camera does get on my nerves a LOT when playing.

Good on ya for putting up with it so far. Usually I call it quits pretty early when the camera sucks in a platformer.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Moguri

673. Posted:

Wii Music, I'd seen it today for only 9.95 € and I couldn't resist the temptation.

We want Kirby Dream Collection in Europe!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2590-1530

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

674. Posted:

just bought animal crossing city folk for my wife... she loves it.... I see the wii still getting some more miles in her....my wife needs some friends can someone steer me to the right forum?

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer

AuthorMessage

steamhare

675. Posted:

I just purchased Donkey Kong Country: Return of the Donkey (or whatever) and Rayman: Origins. Oh, delicious platforming goodness; how wonderful.

steamhare

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

676. Posted:

DKCR is an awesome, yet challenging game. Retro done good. :*

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

677. Posted:

I can't resist getting NPC Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and the Kirby Anniversary Collection any longer. After that I need to catch up on some GameCube classics though.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

678. Posted:

CapnPancakez wrote:

I can't resist getting NPC Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and the Kirby Anniversary Collection any longer.

I can't say how good the NPC ver. is but most of Jungle Beat's appeal is that you play with the Donkey Konga bongos. I don't think you can with that version.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

679. Posted:

Its been a very long time since I bought a Wii game unfortunately. It was either Zack and Wiki or De Blob I believe, neither of which I have played yet...

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

680. Posted:

I got Kirby's Return to Dreamland the other day. I've already defeated the third boss. Super fun game I must say! Good thing I suppose, seeing as KRtD will be my last Wii game...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64