Wii Forum

Topic: Your latest Wii purchase

Showing 621 to 640 of 820

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

621. Posted:

Splat wrote:

Can anyone tell me what the difficulty is like on Dead Space Extraction? We are looking in to getting it for my Dad. He isn't really a gamer but is wanting to branch out from more than just Mario Kart,Wii sports ect. We have a few WiiWare On-rails shooters and he likes them but wants something a little more in-depth.

The remote and nunchuk are used with all four primary buttons and the control stick put into play at one time or another, but the controls aren't horribly complicated and the opening part of the game does a good job of walking players through the primary actions.

I think a bigger consideration is what kind of entertainment your dad enjoys: this is an 18-rated game with swearing and a lot of violence and it's a horror title so there are some scares there (after multiple replays there are still bits that make me jump). I think it's excellent because it has a well-developed narrative and is presented with a cinematic flare - it's definitely not just a target shooting game.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Not-Another-Ad

622. Posted:

Over the last month I've got..
Mario Party 9 £32
Bit Trip Complete £15
New Play Control Pikmin £10
Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2 £12
Rhythm Thief £35
Pandora's Tower Limited Edition £40
Kid Icarus Uprising £25

PSN- Crossword-Man
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

623. Posted:

I find myself now repurchasing games that I sold on ages ago. Thankfully I made it a point to retain save data for involved games in case I someday changed my mind.

Ordered this week:

Sakura Wars: So Long My Love - I loved this so not sure what I was thinking when I sold it; I only did a couple of character endings - thankfully I kept the save data!

Arcade Zone - This is a guilty pleasure. Yes it's a lame "party" game with some crap motion controls, but the voiced dialogue by in-game characters is pretty funny and the main selling point is four updated Atari console classics: Atlantis, Kaboom, Freeway and Megamania. I cannot tell you how many hours I spent playing Atlantis and Megamania as a kid, but that's worth it right there. Seriously if you get a chance to pick this up cheap, it's worth a laugh. I actually reviewed it for NL: http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/2009/11/arcade_zone_wii

AuthorMessage

KingMike

624. Posted:

ExciteBots, $8 for a used CIB game only from GameStop. I probably could've got it new for that price plus shipping from amazon. Which I probably would've if this was a planned purchase, rather than impulse. And I don't really care if I don't get the Wheel with it, so I'm okay. :)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

625. Posted:

Wario Land: Shake It - Got it for $13.50, the lowest I've ever seen for a major Nintendo game. While it's a 2D platformer, and I hear it's a hard one at that, I do like Wario, so hopefully it'll be worth it.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SonyFACE

626. Posted:

Just Dance 3, although that was my sister. The last one I got was Red Steel for 6 bucks.

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

627. Posted:

#78 Red Steel slightly used for only 2.50 euro :)

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

628. Posted:

I order the The Munchables yesterday - another re-purchase for me; possibly the last. My main motivation is that I think my daughter would enjoy it and I like playing games with her.

AuthorMessage

SonyFACE

629. Posted:

Mk_II wrote:

#78 Red Steel slightly used for only 2.50 euro :)

Wow. I got ripped off.

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

AuthorMessage

Malic

630. Posted:

Xenoblade was my last purchase and the last story will be my final purchase so it seems

Malic

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

631. Posted:

Rayman Origins
The last Story (quite interesting game btw)
Metroid other M after a price reduction as I've never been convinced, and it resulted as bad as expected
Conduit 2 also after a price reduction, seems a pretty well implemented game
Konami's Castlevania the Adventure Rebirth WW

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

632. Posted:

I definitely think a re-purchase of Muramasa is in the cards; possibly Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn...waiting to see how my finances look next month!

AuthorMessage

Stine

633. Posted:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Kirby's Epic Yarn. I just really wanted some Nintendo platformers.

3DS code: 2878-9571-7307
Wii code: 2620-3845-5888-0097
PSN ID: Stines92
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Not-Another-Ad

634. Posted:

Is Back to the Future worth a buy?

PSN- Crossword-Man
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage

Esger87

635. Posted:

http://andrewjlfair.hubpages.com/hub/My-Body-Built-With-The-H...

Esger87

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

636. Posted:

• #157 Rayman Origins
  • #158 Quantum of Solace 007
  • #159 Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
  • #160 Radio Helicopter

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Ryno

637. Posted:

Untitled

Does this game really have some Metroid like exploration elements like some reviews claim? If so I waited to long for this one.

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

638. Posted:

• #79 Studio Instant Artist (bundled with U Draw game tablet)

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

639. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Untitled

Does this game really have some Metroid like exploration elements like some reviews claim? If so I waited to long for this one.

It has plenty of Backtracking, but it's mostly "go here when I tell you to, go there when I tell you to", you run into unnatural barriers when you go the wrong way, that basically say "derp-derp, not supposed to be here yet". Unless it magically opens up somewhere past the half-way point, I wouldn't call it "Metroidvania".

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

640. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Untitled

Muramasa reminds me more of old school action RPGs like Princess Crown and Legend of Mana, but with infinitely better combat.

Mickeymac wrote:

It has plenty of Backtracking

Well I suppose that is a Metroid like element.

...in my pants.