Wii Forum

Topic: Your latest Wii purchase

Showing 481 to 500 of 824

AuthorMessage

Yanchamaru

481. Posted:

SNK Arcade Classics - 20 bucks brand new at a local game store. Saved me a lot of money from the Virtual Console downloads. This Christmas, Santa better deliver Data East Arcade Classics and House of Dead Overkill or else there will be hell to pay.

Yanchamaru

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

482. Posted:

Yanchamaru wrote:

SNK Arcade Classics - 20 bucks brand new at a local game store. Saved me a lot of money from the Virtual Console downloads. This Christmas, Santa better deliver Data East Arcade Classics and House of Dead Overkill or else there will be hell to pay.

I've thought about getting this. But, man, where is Ikari Warriors arcade? Don't' know how you have an SNK Arcade Classics title without Ikari Warriors!

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

483. Posted:

It has Shock Troopers instead. Take that Ikari Warriors!

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

484. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

#129 Worms: Battle Islands
#130 Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
#131 Dewy's Adventure
#132 Geometry Wars: Galaxies

Dewy's Advenure is definitly on the Wave Wii-list. B-)
Anyways, haven't any of you guys played NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams?

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

485. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

#129 Worms: Battle Islands
#130 Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
#131 Dewy's Adventure
#132 Geometry Wars: Galaxies

Dewy's Advenure is definitly on the Wave Wii-list. B-)
Anyways, haven't any of you guys played NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams?

Most probably avoided it due to the mixed reviews.

Anyways, I surprised myself by actually getting Skyward Sword within the first month of release.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

486. Posted:

I didn't like NiGHTS on Wii at all. It should be dirt cheap now though. Back when I bought it I got it for $18 used and that was more than a year ago.

My latest Wii purchase was Skyward Sword and Epic Mickey.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

487. Posted:

Untitled

Another Christmas Present of the many that I've bought myself this month. :p :D
Poor old Santa Kool-Aid better get my list right or I'll be buying more gifts for myself tonight.lol

@Viewtiful_Joe
How does it compared to the Saturn original? Anyways it came to a total of $12, so I'm not complainig. :p

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

488. Posted:

I've never played the Saturn original. I've been told its awesome but I would have to play it myself before I develop an opinion.

But the game itself is annoying. I hate the music, the boss battles are tedious and the overall storyline is uninteresting, and dull. The gameplay doesn't grab you like other games do. Even Sonic does a better job at that.

Oh and btw, hows Kirby Return to Dreamland? Is it as good as I'm hoping it is? xD

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

lorg1

489. Posted:

#210 - Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Limited Edition
#211 - Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack
#212 - The Adventures of Tintin
#213 - Kirbys Adventure Wii
#214 - Mario and Sonic 2012 London Olympics Limited Edition
#215 - Disney Universe

All with gift vouchers I've scrounged :)

lorg1

AuthorMessage

nerdydan

490. Posted:

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. best game ever, nuff said

Well, um... I like Burgers. Not much else to say.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

491. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

I've never played the Saturn original. I've been told its awesome but I would have to play it myself before I develop an opinion.

But the game itself is annoying. I hate the music, the boss battles are tedious and the overall storyline is uninteresting, and dull. The gameplay doesn't grab you like other games do. Even Sonic does a better job at that.

Oh and btw, hows Kirby Return to Dreamland? Is it as good as I'm hoping it is? xD

I've actually played the Saturn original when i actually had the saturn before i ended up trading it in towards the PSX....But i played it for not even 10 minutes. When i rented it, it came bundled with that circular exclusive NiGHTS saturn controller which almost looked Dreamcast-esque. I can't form an opinion on the game itself because i hardly gave it a try. And while the funky trippy feeling of navigating in 3D space was pretty cool, i just couldn't get over the akward controls and horrible choppy graphics....It completely turned me off. :p But I could be completely wrong on both accounts since my memories are a bit funky-foggy. :p

Anyways, I hope you're wrong about Journey of Dreams! :p Guess I'll have to wait and see muhahaha

That aside, i just blasted down to Toys R Us in my Spicoli-Wave Mobile and Picked up....

Untitled

I gave up on the Zelda-Treasure hunt for the Limmited Edition and just caved in and got a standard copy.
So long Gold Wii Remote, but at least it still comes packed with that CD. B-)

As for Kirby's Return to Dreamland I still haven't played it yet. I'm so OCD, as in waiting for the perfect moment. :p
I'm sure i'll be playing it tomorrow night after i get finished with my gnarly christmas decorating haha.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

492. Posted:

#133 Kirby's Adventure Wii
(not playing until christmas)

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

OlderGamer

493. Posted:

A long time reader, first time poster.

I thought I might catalog my collection for Wii. Unfortunately not in a complete chronological order since I had a Wii from launch.

#1 Wii Sports (Bundled)
#2 Wii Play
#3 Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (poor control scheme led to hand soreness, did not play much, should have sold it)
#4 Need for Speed: Carbon
#5 Rockstar Table Tennis
#6 Excite Truck (Second hand gift)
#7 Legend of Zelda TP (Gift, just could not get into it, started playing again after several years, currently at Fire Temple, will finish one day)
.....Gathered Dust......
#8 Tenchu (Second Hand Gift from Wife, god bless her but she has no idea with games, never played it)
#9 Far Cry (Ditto)
#10 Little King's Story (A gem, shame it did not do well, glad its legacy continues with the upcoming Vita game)
#11 Muramasa The Demon Blade (Another gem)
#12 Trival Pursuit (Gift from Wife, played once with friends)
....Gathered Dust.....

To be continued...

(Never traded games, mostly bought new, willing to wait long for discount which makes me a 'typical' Nintendo customer)

Edited on by OlderGamer

OlderGamer

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

494. Posted:

OlderGamer wrote:

A long time reader, first time poster.

I thought I might catalog my collection for Wii. Unfortunately not in a complete chronological order since I had a Wii from launch.

#1 Wii Sports (Bundled)
#2 Wii Play
#3 Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (poor control scheme led to hand soreness, did not play much, should have sold it)
#4 Need for Speed: Carbon
#5 Rockstar Table Tennis
#6 Excite Truck (Second hand gift)
#7 Legend of Zelda TP (Gift, just could not get into it, started playing again after several years, currently at Fire Temple, will finish one day)
.....Gathered Dust......
#8 Tenchu (Second Hand Gift from Wife, god bless her but she has no idea with games, never played it)
#9 Far Cry (Ditto)
#10 Little King's Story (A gem, shame it did not do well, glad its legacy continues with the upcoming Vita game)
#11 Muramasa The Demon Blade (Another gem)
#12 Trival Pursuit (Gift from Wife, played once with friends)
....Gathered Dust.....

To be continued...

(Never traded games, mostly bought new, willing to wait long for discount which makes me a 'typical' Nintendo customer)

Super Monkey Ball imo had some pretty fantastic motion controls. It's the type of game you really need to play on one of those CRT SDTV's because of the zero lag which really matters in a game like this. The jumping mechanic was also pretty wicked-awesome and totaly spiced things up from the MB norm.

After experiencing those wonderful Board tilting motion controls i can never go back to analog stick controls for monkey ball....Oh wait, i did...For Super Monkey Ball 3D and it almost put me to sleep, in combination of the piss poor kindergarten level design. the 3D effect was it's only saving grace, otherwise it's the worst MB game in exsistense. :p

Banana Blitz is easly my favorite so far. Anyways, have you played Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2, Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime 3 ect ect? You may wan't to get on that. :p B-)

AuthorMessage

OlderGamer

495. Posted:

Lol!

I have not finished my list and no, I love my Wii control! I just found that game's scheme horrible. Each to their own, Waveboy.

OlderGamer

AuthorMessage

chiwii

496. Posted:

Tenchu is kind of fun. It's certainly not the best game I've played, but it has good music, a decent (for video games, anyway) story, and it's fun to use stealth to get around. The ninjas are a little slow, though. Their movements should have been faster and more fluid, IMO. Maybe you should try that game sometime, since you have it!

My last purchases were Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers and Skyward Sword. I'm playing through Crystal Bearers right now. It's a decent game. I think it's much better than the reviews made it out to be. I wish it had a better map though! The map they provide is basically useless. I'll start Skyward Sword when I'm done with Crystal Bearers.

Edited on by chiwii

chiwii

AuthorMessage

FloY

497. Posted:

i got fishing resort with the rod peripheral and back to the future the video game ...both yesterday.

FloY

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

498. Posted:

Untitled

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Neko_Rukiafan

499. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

Untitled

This is my latest Wii purchase as well. ;)

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com est. on March 16th 2011

WiiWareWave League MK8 Weekly Tournament Code: 6551-9017-8098
Contests held regularly!

Twitter: WiiWareWave

AuthorMessage

Lan

500. Posted:

Metroid: Other M for $9 at Gamestop! One of the best Wii games i've ever played

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1