Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 981 to 1,000 of 1,475

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

981. Posted:

@Fonis
Thanks. I already ran into the SuperBoss on Valak mountain. Haven't seen one on the Fallen Arm though.

@G4L
Sure thing.

Wow, I'm really wrapping things up. But, I'm not fighting the Final Boss until I'm as OP as possible.
That means all Sidequests done, all Affinities maxed, All armor top notch, All skill trees maxed, and all arts Level X.
...It may not be possible for me to kill all UM's though, I believe I may have missed some Pre-cutoff.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

982. Posted:

That's what New Game + is for @TysonQ7. Being given another chance to defeat those unique monsters will give you more incentive to play through the game again. :)

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

983. Posted:

@G4L
Maybe...
I don't use affinity coins at all so it's not really something I care about...

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

984. Posted:

I think I've played enough Xenoblade to conclude it was made for 14-year-old boys.

• There's not too much swearing.
  • There's loads of robot violence, but the party draws the line at killing. (It's like having an entire team of adventuring Batmans.)
  • Boobs are displayed everywhere.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

985. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

I think I've played enough Xenoblade to conclude it was made for 14-year-old boys.

• There's loads of robot violence, but the party draws the line at killing. (It's like having an entire team of adventuring Batmans.)

I like how your 3rd point contradicts your 1st point. And yes, it's rated T, NO REALLY?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

986. Posted:

Yes it is T rated, but I wouldn't say every T rated game is aimed solely at teen boys. I'm a pretty immature guy though, so I can handle it.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

paburrows

987. Posted:

Boobs! I haven't seen any Boobs, although I haven't really left the first colony yet.

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

AuthorMessage

Faron

988. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

• Excessive swearing is mostly used by teenagers, not our grandparents. So i don't understand the point.
  • These characters are actual, classic heroes so they don't kill people. I don't see how this is immature. People are just gotten too used to protagonists like what we see in GTA, who mindlessly shoot everyone in sight. There is still killing in this game, but it's done by the bad guys.
  • The game really has some overly sexual outfits for women characters, but people either like or dislike this kind of stuff pretty much regardless of their age. My personal opinion is that it really is a bit out of place.

Faron

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

989. Posted:

@Faron, I really wouldn't say the outfits are out of place at all. This style of clothing should actually be expected. You should take a gander at any cover on a Dungeons & Dragons type of paperback from the 80's and very early 90's. Almost 100% of the time, the cover art displayed a scantily clothed woman with her bust exposed. This is a classic fantasy style RPG, so I'm not surprised at all. Anyone who finds it distasteful, is most likely being an immature person. Please grow up guys, and just enjoy the game for what it is. If your spending all of your time letting your mind wander about such matters, you can't be enjoying or appreciating everything the game really has to offer. I spend most of my time appreciating the very beautifully designed environments and just the overall really unique atmosphere. If you're unable to peel your eyes away from Sharla's side-nipple, you may be a sexual deviant. lol

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

990. Posted:

I would say the fact that the party draws the line at killing people puts this game on a maturity level above that of a 14-year-old. later in the game they actually wrestle with the idea of killing a person or a machine quite a bit, actually. it does take a while for this game to get to the common anime 'why do we fight' argument and start truly questioning their revenge, but everything is explained as you continue through the story. cleavage or no cleavage, there's definitely something here for everyone :3

I would also say that this is perhaps the most original and engrossing story for a game or anime I've come across in a long, long time. i just got to the part where Shulk wakes up, if that means anything to you guys who've also gotten that far. frickin' amazing~ :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

991. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Shulk wakes up

I think I know what your talking about even though I'm not there yet. The last part of the story I seen was kinda leading to that fact! Now I'm excited to play even further. Its not often I want to see the story in an RPG. Its been a while since that's happen. Maybe the last game that had a really great story in an RPG was radiant historia!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

992. Posted:

G4L wrote:

Anyone who finds it distasteful, is most likely being an immature person.

you can find the excess of cleavage distasteful without being immature. aside from the sleek/mist/whatever sets, which strip each and every character to a bathing suit equally, why do half the sets of armor in the game cover the men fully and leave the womenfolk half naked? it's not hard to see the disparity there; if they stripped down the men equally, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion. yes, there's past precedent for the battle-thong, but that doesn't make it right, nor does it make people who dislike that sort of thing 'immature' and in need of 'grow[ing] up'.

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

993. Posted:

I bet all girls undressed Shulk like Barbie´s Ken.
I too played with him halfnaked about lengthy periods of the game (because bare chest was honestly his strongest equipment).

Sharla´s dodongos are great.
Unfortunately the guys in this game have less clothes on.
And that´s totally sexist imnsho!

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

994. Posted:

ok so i just found a weird error... lol i was buying Arts manuals in Colony 6 and found an Advanced one for Sharla's Drive Boost that actually maxes out her Cure Round. quite the score for me, since I don't use Drive Boost anyway but Cure Round is definitely in her battle Arts lineup :3

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

995. Posted:

[quote=Gamesake]I think I've played enough Xenoblade to conclude it was made for 14-year-old boys.

</blockquote>

[/div]

SPOILERS

I take it you've seen that annoying cutscene after the boss fight in Sword valley. If Namdai had played this game, I doubt that they liked this cutscene after putting anti-racism themes in quite a number of Tales of games. I mean, Shulk seemed to have no problem killing those High Entia guards and Tyrea in Alcamoth and yet he prevents Dunban from killing the person who killed Fiora just because he is also a homs. I know Fiora didn't actually die but I doubt Mumkhar knew that until later as he clearly had the intent of killing her, his taunting in the scene after the ether mines shows how much he seemed to enjoy it.

In case anyone takes it seriously, the Namdai thing was a joke but the rest isn't, I did find that cutscene annoying.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

996. Posted:

@Fonist:

SPOILERS

This game is quite different from other JRPGs, though — as I mentioned before, it takes a while before you get to the normal 'why do we fight' sequence, and no one seems to have any issue with Shulk and co.'s eagerness for revenge. in any other game, someone, anyone would've piped up about the cycle of revenge and blah-blah-blah during at least the initial 'hey, we're going now and this is why' cutscene, much less as they meet other people throughout the game, but in Xenoblade everyone you meet is gung-ho for revenge against the Mechon, no questions asked. only later (after the High Entia guards, after the Emperor's death, etc.) does Shulk begin to question and wonder, and it just so happens that the revelation that they're fighting Homs comes next, and then the Mumkhar fight.

had Egil been using High Entia or Nopon in his Mechon as well as or instead of Homs, I think at that point in the game Shulk would feel revulsion for the idea of killing any sentient creature of the Bionis, Homs or no. If you want to blame someone for being racist, blame Egil for choosing only to use Homs in his Faced Mechon.

also, it's been a while since i was at that point in the game, but i'm pretty sure Mumkhar realizes who's in the silver Mechon — isn't that revealed during the fight on Valak Mountain? He'd started suspecting shortly beforehand, and then when Meyneth/Fiora flew off to confront Shulk and Co., he followed in order to confront Dunban.

SPOILERS ARE OVER~

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

997. Posted:

6th party member.

I will say that the Bionic Head is right up there with the Golden Sun Lighthouses in terms of how long it takes for us to actually get to our destination.

It's kinda awful yet amusing that if you go off the trail early on in the forest you will probably be forced to fight 4 enemies at the same time fairly close to my level at least, 2 of which can paralyze everyone at once with one attack. That's pretty nuts considering how mostly easy the Satorl Mari is. What I'm saying is that I'm starting to forget the spelling for areas. I wouldn't be surprised if I just confused the swamp with the Summoner's home in Final Fantasy IX.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

998. Posted:

@Fonist
SPOILER

None of the High Entia he fought died. Story wise he couldn't kill them (gameplay wise to an extent as well.)
And also, Tyrea is still alive. There's a quest that involves her after the Bionis Core.

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

999. Posted:

I'm currently trying to complete Challenge 1 in Makna Forest. Can somebody please inform me on how to locate the Agile Albatro near Bridge 3? I tried searching for it on both sides of Bridge 3, at night and during the daytime. I don't remember ever killing any Agile Albatro, but I may have. Can someone also please give me a description of the monster? Also, can somebody please inform me on how to reach that area across the river with the broken bridge? It's located a little further down river from Bridge 3.

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

1,000. Posted:

@G4L: searched that beast for a long time with no luck. tried everything until i ran out of options. then made a suicide jump into the river. guess what i found!

as for the other side, i guess its not accessible for you at that point in the game. you´ll get there later automatically.

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com