Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 961 to 980 of 1,495

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

961. Posted:

OK so I have discovered the collectopaedia!! I wish I would've seen that sooner LOL. The cool thing is I've done about 80% of it already!

Now for the questions. I'm maxed out and need to start selling thing but I don't know where to begin. I was thinking at the least valuable things and going up from there. I don't want to sell stuff I'm going to need later on so this kinda sucks!

Also I still don't really understand the gem crafting. All I get are week gems and I seem to be getting in fever mode quite a bit!

I'm at level 26 with all my characters up to this point and have moved on with the story. I'm currently heading through the tunnels of colony 6 and its seems to be taking forever. Had to leave to sell some items so I don't leave and newer ones behind. For like the last 10 mins I've had to leave quite a few behind! I'm still a bit overpowered for the area I'm in but I have been picking fights with monsters about 5 levels higher then me and its not easy. Haven't died doing that yet but have come close a few times!

Anyways got a lot of quality time with this over the last few days and I'm sitting on about 25 hours. Got about 10 in the last couple of days! :-)

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

962. Posted:

@Tech101, if you go into your items/materials, where you can sort your inventory. There's an option for, "Quest Items," there. Any items/materials you've collected that you'll need later on for sidequests will have an exclaimation mark in the upper left-hand corner. Also, below there is a chart you can print out, with a complete list of all the items/materials you'll need for rebuilding Colony 6. It also shows you where or how you can collect the items/materials needed for rebuilding Colony 6. I hope this answers your question @Tech101, because I've taken enough advice from this thread. I think it's time I start giving some back. I'm glad to know you've had enough time to play a good amount of Xenoblade Chronicles, because you deserve to my friend. The link below will direct you to the aforementioned chart for rebuilding Colony 6.

Colony 6 Reconstruction Chart
http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Colony_6_Reconstruction

I've completed 100% of the Collectopedia, so far. But I haven't found any of the collectibles on the, "Other," page yet. I'd really like to know where those collectibles are found, or at least if they are only obtainable until later on in the game.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

963. Posted:

Thanks a lot G4L! I wasn't sure if it was only those with the mark or not! So its safe to sell off all others or should I look at the list?

Oh and I just looked at my others list as well and have none. I only need 4 more to complete the other 5 pages!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

964. Posted:

No problem buddy! But yeah, I would print out that chart above, before you sell any items/materials. Some of them are obtainable as early on as Colony 9. I actually have to revisit Colony 9 and the Bionis' Leg, because I sold some items/materials that I now need for the Colony 6 rebuild.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

965. Posted:

OK one last question. How far away am I from the rebuild? I'm on my way to save Juju. I think thats his name.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

966. Posted:

You'll have one more area to visit, before you'll reach the Colony 6 rebuild. Which is the Satorl Marsh. You can return to Colony 6, before you venture to the Bionis' Back (Makna Forest). You'll have to move the villagers from the refugee camp back to Colony 6 first, though. JuJu will give you the option to complete any unfinished sidequests in the refugee camp, before you move them back to Colony 6. Because that set of sidequests will become unavailable afterwards. I'd try to complete those sidequests first, If I were you. It'll be a lot easier and faster to unlock a 5 star affinity rating in Colony 6, if you do. The affinity you gain in the refugee camp will transfer over to Colony 6, after the villagers are moved back. :)

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

967. Posted:

Cool. I only have a few more quests that I know of left to do. I might need help with one or so. Hopefully not! :-)

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

968. Posted:

Well @Tech101, this is the place to visit, if you do need help completing any of those sidequests. The Xenoblade Wiki is another great source for any information you may need as well.

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

969. Posted:

Who needs Wikipedia when I have you my ocd friend! ;-)

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

970. Posted:

@Tech101: About gem crafting, there's a pretty good guide up on the GameFAQs Xenoblade forum... basically, the idea when you go in to craft gems is first to refine the traits you want into cylinders as close to 100% as you can possibly get without going over (100% or more yields a gem, of course), and then combine those high-percentage cylinders to gain more powerful gems. by 'refining', I mean to use a set of characters with attributes geared toward cylinder creation (in order to separate out multiple traits from crystals with more than one attribute) — Sharla as the shooter has a bonus where the Cylinder Gauge fills up more with a Gentle flame, and Shulk has a 'Good' chance of giving you a Gentle flame, so early on (while you're messing around) you can practice with those two for separating out the qualities into cylinders. You can't really strategize with their character bonuses until you've got more people in your party, so don't stress over it early on.

Once you've got the cylinders separated out, you can start putting everything together. There's two ways of going about it, the first of which is to take individual cylinders and raise their qualities via Medium flame bonuses. this becomes easier later on in the game, since you gain a character with a bonus that gives you three cylinders right off the bat — you can pair them with a character that has a better chance of giving you Medium flame so that you wind up raising three separate qualities with little effort.

Early on, though, it's easiest to just collect a lot of cylinders and add them all together. I try to aim for a combned total of 160% or above (150% if I'm in a hurry and want to risk it), and then use Shulk and Reyn together to create the gem. Shulk is more likely to go into Fever mode, Reyn is the most likely character to give you Strong Flame and not Medium or Gentle, and both of them should have pretty strong affinity for one another no matter how far along you are compared to the rest of your characters, so you'll get more turns with them.

The goal you're reaching for is to get into Heat mode, which is when your characters manage to raise the percentage of any one quality to 200% or more — at that point, instead of a gem at the same level as the materials you've put into it, you'll get a gem the next level up (level III materials would yield a level IV gem, for example). If you manage to raise that one quality to 300% or more, you'll go into Mega-Heat mode, where you'll receive two gems for your effort, both one level over the materials you've put into them (two level IV gems with your level III materials). This is why you want to refine out individual qualities; if they're focused on only one thing, the percentage of that one thing will be much higher than if their turns were bounced between two separate quality percentages equally.

The whole process is a bit tricky to get the hang of, and it takes a bit of trial and error to figure out the best team with who you've got at the moment for refinement. Shulk/Reyn is the best for actual crafting with the refined cylinders, hands-down IMO.

One thing that's handy to keep in mind is that you can start the crafting process even though you don't have any traits at 100%; you can hit 'confirm' at any time so long as you've chosen two or more materials to craft with. it looks all sad when you don't manage to create a gem, but that refinement is a vital part of the process if you're wanting to outfit your characters with the best possible gems. well-placed high-level gems can mean the difference between life and death in battle :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

971. Posted:

I've crafted gems like, twice, and my main character is level 97, and I have about 5 more quests left. In the entire game.
So I never really found gem crafting important (though I will try it more for achievements Pre-endgame).

Anyone know if Lv.100 is the Lv. cap? I would hope so.
Now I just need to affinity/AP/Skill Tree grind...

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

972. Posted:

Thanks tbd. That helped quite a bit! Another question. Once you start collecting higher ranked cylinders and stones are the lower ranked ones any good anymore? I just noticed once I read your post that I even had level two ranked anything for gem crafting!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

973. Posted:

@tech101: naah, once you've got a nice supply of high-level gems, the low-level stuff is only good for selling — obviously you don't want to start getting rid of all your level II stuff when you pick up a handful of unrefined level III crystals/cylinders, but when you've got your party well equipped you can go ahead and get rid of the low-level stuff without a problem IMO. selling low-level gems and gemcrafting materials makes for some pretty good trips to the store when you're going around and picking up Arts manuals :3

@TysonQ7: good for you? i want my party outfitted the best i can possibly get them, though, and gemcrafting is the way to go if you need specific gems. if you do every single quest in the game you pick up some good stuff (and that's probably why you haven't needed to craft anything, i'd bet), but if you're not a completionist and don't care, you'll need to supplement your inventory a tad.

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

974. Posted:

Sees Gem Crafting is a really deep and importantly implemented feature

Ignores it completely
And yes, I've done all the quests. But that's just because I like the feeling of satisfaction I get when I finish one.
And because choosing to ignore the quests is like choosing to ignore a whole part of the game, well at least in my eyes. Well, different strokes for different beings, I suppose. Glad you're having fun playing your own way.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

975. Posted:

Thank you for your blessing to play the game however I like, TysonQ7! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
/eyeroll

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

976. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Thank you for your blessing to play the game however I like, TysonQ7! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
/eyeroll

Oh, you're ever so welcome. Whenever you want to play a game differently than me, just say so and I'll give it to you again.;)

Edited on by TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

977. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

traditional JRPGs are usually not my favorite games. I was under the impression that this one was something more, though.

I wasn't under the impression that Xenoblade was something more, but the story has been more entertaining than most RPGs so far, and the setting where the game takes place is so unique and incredible. You live and die on the backs of two titans. How great is that? There's an area later in the game where you can look around to see the Bionis and the Mechonis slumped over towards each other with Sword Valley in between. It's too awesome.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

978. Posted:

I played for about an hour today. All I did was map out that hugh stinking marsh. I'm not complaining or anything but its HUGH!! LOL. I'm really starting to enjoy this game. After the last story sequence I think its one of if not the best story and presentation of any RPG I've played. Thanks to all who helped me understand some of the ins and outs as well. This game is really starting to become my favorite RPG ever!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

979. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

I've crafted gems like, twice, and my main character is level 97, and I have about 5 more quests left. In the entire game.
So I never really found gem crafting important (though I will try it more for achievements Pre-endgame).

Anyone know if Lv.100 is the Lv. cap? I would hope so.
Now I just need to affinity/AP/Skill Tree grind...

The level cap is 99 but despite that there are 5 unique enemies with a level higher than that who are referred to by fans as the super bosses. They dpn't appear until after Mechonis core though but I know that you've got through that so you could give them a go if you want soon. I don't know how hard they are as I didn't fight them but there is one in Satorl marsh, one on the Fallen arm and three on Valak mountain. Xenoblade wiki has a page on them if you want to find out more.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

980. Posted:

Like @TysonQ7, I will also be completing every sidequest in the game. Unlike @TysonQ7, I will be experimenting with Ether gem crafting. Then I'll have the know how to create some very enhanced Ether gems later on in the game. Which will most likely level the playing field, when attempting to slay those 5 unique super bosses. You're only allowed to carry over 30 Ether gems into the New Game + file, so I'll only be transfering over the very best of my lot. I'm not going to complete any sidequests on my second playthrough, because I'll already posses any rewards that were worth keeping. I'll really only be playing through the game for a second time just to experience the amazing story again, and to complete any Trials I may not have completed on my first playthrough.

@TysonQ7, before you finish the game, would you please do me a favor? Would you please count the total amount of sidequests you've completed, and let me know how many there are in the game? I'd greatly appreciate it, if you would. I've only seen rough estimates online. Which state there are between 480-490 total sidequests in the game. A difference of ten sidequests may not be a big deal to most, but they are when you've been challenging yourself to complete as many as I have.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro