Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 941 to 960 of 1,499

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

941. Posted:

Came to the Xenoblade thread.
Spoilers! :o I'm gonna come back later in the game when there are no more spoilers.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter: 8BitForward

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

942. Posted:

@theblackdragon, the only thing the Nopon told me was that he won against Nikita this time, and then he returned to Colony 6. How strange. I thought Nikita might be outside the Ether Mines, after I had searched the mines twice. I checked the Splintered Path, but I guess I didn't search well enough.

@TysonQ7, thanks. I'm keeping three save files from now on. Then I won't need to worry about anything happening that will cancel any sidequests.

The Makna Forest seems like it might be an area that's going to take me a longtime to get through. It's visually pleasing, but it's a little too cluttered for my liking. It should've been titled the Makna Jungle. :)

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

943. Posted:

@G4L: try near the mining spot, and apparently it's a Bunnit, not a wolf, whoops :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

944. Posted:

Spoilers don't bother me here. I'm horrible with names and names of places. Specially names in this game. I couldn't spell most of them then alone remember what there are when I get there! Although I have had a major spoiler or two happen. Since ill probably never finish this game I don't mind as much. Hopefully I will find the time to finish this game because it deserves it!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

945. Posted:

@theblackdragon, thank you, once again. Wow! You gave me the exact location too. You're the best! :)

@Tech101, I've read a few spoilers myself, but none of them have been able to bring this experience down even by a tiny bit. Don't give up @Tech101. Just play as much as you can, when you can. There's no reason why you should feel as if you're progressing too slowly or not enough. Look at me! I have extra time to dedicate to Xenoblade Chronicles, and I'm still moving at a snail's pace. Just think of it this way. You spent $49.99 for a videogame that's going to last you as long as three or four videogames would last somebody else. You'll definitely be stretching/receiving your money's worth. I have faith in you @Tech101. You must change the future!

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

946. Posted:

Thanks G4L. I really do want to finish this game for sure. My life in a couple of months is about to get a whole lot more hectic! Birth of our third child. I just want to get as much done before that so I don't have to much to play afterwards! Plus I want to get The Last Story as well and I'm sure its fairly long. I'm laid up in bed for a few days so ill see what I can get done in the next couple of days!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

BenAV

947. Posted:

@Tech101 The Last Story only really takes 20 hours or so, so that's not anywhere near as time consuming as Xenoblade Chronicles. :P
I'm sure you'll get through the game eventually, it's too good to not.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

948. Posted:

I didn't think any of these locations could get any larger, after experiencing the Bionis' Leg. I was wrong. I was dead wrong. I spent an entire play session just mapping the Makna Forest. I didn't even do any micro-management. You already know how excited I become about acquiring new armor and weapons, and I've collected a good amount of cool new equipment too. I just didn't feel like equipping any of it, after wondering endlessly through the Makna Forest. I did collect all of the materials for the Colony 6 rebuild, though. One infamous Fossil Monkey and one Eks Iron Heart. I still haven't reached that isolated area on the other side of the river yet. I guess you can only reach it via the tree footbridges. I discovered the Seahorse Islet secret area, but I have a feeling there's at least one more hidden somewhere. There were a couple areas inside of huge pits that I was unable to find a route to. I'll probably try to reach them the next time I play. Besides the Seahorse Islet, can anybody confirm if there are any other secret areas in the Makna Forest? The foliage is so dense, I have no idea if I'm overlooking any.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

949. Posted:

I'm stuck in the lava cave! I'll try equipping some better blaze protection, but if that doesn't help I guess I'm Xenoboned.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

950. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

I'm stuck in the lava cave! I'll try equipping some better blaze protection, but if that doesn't help I guess I'm Xenoboned.

...don't step in the lava?
I though that is the only way you take damage there...

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

951. Posted:

G4L wrote:

I didn't think any of these locations could get any larger, after experiencing the Bionis' Leg. I was wrong. I was dead wrong. I spent an entire play session just mapping the Makna Forest. I didn't even do any micro-management. You already know how excited I become about acquiring new armor and weapons, and I've collected a good amount of cool new equipment too. I just didn't feel like equipping any of it, after wondering endlessly through the Makna Forest. I did collect all of the materials for the Colony 6 rebuild, though. One infamous Fossil Monkey and one Eks Iron Heart. I still haven't reached that isolated area on the other side of the river yet. I guess you can only reach it via the tree footbridges. I discovered the Seahorse Islet secret area, but I have a feeling there's at least one more hidden somewhere. There were a couple areas inside of huge pits that I was unable to find a route to. I'll probably try to reach them the next time I play. Besides the Seahorse Islet, can anybody confirm if there are any other secret areas in the Makna Forest? The foliage is so dense, I have no idea if I'm overlooking any.

Well, then can anybody confirm there are no other secret areas in the Makna Forest? lol

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

952. Posted:

Yes, @G4L, there is.
Right after you cross the first bridge, if you head along the right, there will be a large tree branch with Quadwings on them. If you walk along the branch you can drop down to a cave entrance which leads to a Secret Area.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

953. Posted:

Oh! Well, I already mapped that area @TysonQ7. I didn't recall that being a secret area, though. I discovered it when I was doing those monster killing sidequests for that Nopon. I guess I've already found all of the secret areas then. Thanks for confirming that for me @TysonQ7. You know that was definitely bothering my OCD. :)

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

954. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

That's not the only way to take damage there. I fear to go into those caves. The nopon delved too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in, the darkness of the lava cave? Shadow and flame.

And it's guarding a magical hot rock that I need in order to set up camp and progress the story (ah, the sweet smell of RPG filler).

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

955. Posted:

it's always a good sign when I'm in the swamp for like 3 hours, do very little that is actually interesting, and it is still awesome. Ok, now this game is in officially "better than every game last year" territory if this keeps up.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

956. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

That's not the only way to take damage there. I fear to go into those caves. The nopon delved too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in, the darkness of the lava cave? Shadow and flame.

And it's guarding a magical hot rock that I need in order to set up camp and progress the story (ah, the sweet smell of RPG filler).

(a) lol
(b) you should be able to warp out, grind, and then come back in if that battle is bothering you. i'm pretty sure it took me about four tries before i finally beat it; sometimes these boss battles are up to the luck of the 'being able to get the B-button jump on 'em and then bring the pain' draw, it seems. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

957. Posted:

Don't take this the wrong way people, but I'm just not finding this game to be that fun. It's a good game, maybe even great, but it's just not really fun for me. I play it only about once a week and even then it feels like a chore rather than a game. I'm hoping the game gets exciting in some way (I'm in the Satorl Marsh) because I don't want it to become a game that I quit playing out of boredom.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

958. Posted:

I would guess you are not a fan of RPGs then.

Not (entirely) because I believe my opinion of this game > anyone else's but because that's the complaints I've heard for every RPG ever made.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

959. Posted:

Well, I'm not a Final Fantasy fan, but there are plenty of RPGs that I like; Chrono Trigger, every Mario RPG ever made, Pokemon, and Golden Sun to name a few. But you are right, traditional JRPGs are usually not my favorite games. I was under the impression that this one was something more, though.

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

960. Posted:

SUUUUUUPER SPOILERS!

I got to the part in Prison Island where Dunban tells me the cutoff is. Decided to finish up quests and raise affinity. Changed to a party of Fiora, Dunban and Melia. At this point I had worked my way up bit by bit to lv 85 ( Thank you EXP Up!) and preceded to annihilate EVERYTHING in Alcamoth, rescued Teelan, and ventured to the Telethia Lab (I already had the High Entia Emblem)
I got the mission to rebuild the Alcamoth Etther Generators, and am currently grinding Meteor Aretillery Units on the Fallen Arm for parts. (Now Lv. 90)

I completed everything in Colony 6, but then there is the one last Ether Generator protection quest...AGAINST A LV 99 DEMON DRAGON.
It's really cool.
Anyways, after I destroy-- I MEAN SAVE Alcamoth, I'm gonna kill Unnmovable Gonzales. He's gonna wish he moved once I'm done with him...

Edited on by TysonOfTime