Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 901 to 920 of 1,499

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

901. Posted:

SPOIIIIIIILER...ALERT ALERT ALERT...YEAAHHH!

Gosh darn is Bionis' Insides SO ANNOYING!
Fall off the edge? WHOOPS GO FIGHT SOME MOAR TELETHIA.
Fighting Telethia on of the 50 Kabillion walkways? WHOOPS FALL OFF THE EDGE.
Seriously, I was fighting one, it knocked both my Party Members off the edge, then dazed me. The Computers warped back up, but immediately became dazed as well.
Oh, one more thing.
Kill a Unique Telethia? Chest falls off edge?
...Dying is totally worth it.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

902. Posted:

@TysonQ7 That was easily my least favourite area of the game, especially with that frustrating boss fight at the end of it.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

903. Posted:

G4L wrote:

I've come upon the sidequest in Colony 9 involving Desirée's future endeavors. I have the game saved twice. Once for each choice, because I wanted to know which career path you guys all decided to suggest. Did you choose for her to become a sculptor or a soldier? I'm not completely sure why, but I've been leaning towards sculptor myself. I guess I just thought Kenny Rohan could use an assistant, since I had chosen to assign Jackson to chef duties at the curry shop. Also, does anybody know or remember what outcomes will arise from each of these choices? Even if a little unimportant.

This.

I'd also like to know if there's anything I should know about, before I enter the Sartorl Marsh. My party is only at level 33, so will I be safe entering that area?

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

904. Posted:

@G4L
Please. At the rate your playing you'll never have to level grind, EVER.
Oh, and just choose one Desiree option on each save, then choose the one you perfer. Both options give a quest, (albiet different ones) from Betty. (I believe)

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

905. Posted:

G4L wrote:

I'd also like to know if there's anything I should know about, before I enter the Sartorl Marsh. My party is only at level 33, so will I be safe entering that area?

'only at level 33' pff — you'll be fine. most of the daytime mobs are in the 20s iirc (beware nightfall, though — that's when the high-level stuff shows up). in fact, you're so overleveled for your first time through the area that those damn quadwings probably won't autoattack you... god i hated birds by the time i was done getting through the Marsh, haha D:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

906. Posted:

Hahaha! I'm sorry, but the way you put that was hilarious @theblackdragon. I'm glad to know I won't gain a hatred for birds. I had no idea I was actually overleveled for that area, though. I haven't done much grinding, except for while completing sidequests. I thought I might be underleveled, because I've seen everyone mention the amount of grinding that has been involved. I guess the little bit of grinding I've been doing is enough to get by, as long as I'm also receiving experience from doing all of the sidequests. @TysonQ7, I guess I'll just side with my original decision. I have no idea how long I would have to play through both files, before I'd know which career path would allow for the most desired outcome. I think Kenny Rohan could use an assistant more than the Defense Force needs another soldier, anyways. I mean, this is the second chance I've been given to supply Kenny with an assistant. Somehow, it only seems right. @TysonQ7, I told you guys I was challenging myself to complete every sidequest in the game, didn't I? Well, except for that sidequest from Jan at least.

Oh yeah, I have one more question for guys. Do you think I should keep Dunban as a reserve, until I've acheived maximum affinities between Shulk, Reyn and Sharla? I was thinking I'd be able to take care of any Heart-to-Hearts more easily, if I were to do it that way.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

907. Posted:

@G4L
Just find out which team works best for you. Affinity Building can wait for a while, and I hope it carries over to NG+.

SPOILER
Good god, Lorithia was a bit difficult. First time I've died on a boss. Of course, after losing I instantly challenged her again, and won quite easily.
Hmm...

AuthorMessage

Nintendo6400

908. Posted:

You Lucky DUCK!

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

909. Posted:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

You Lucky DUCK!

Well, on the second try I realized that it was best to attack all the elements at once instead of one at a time. So, I spammed Monado Cyclone, Fiora's "Drones" and Sharla's break art. (The name escapes me.)
After the elements were taken out I initiated a Chain Attack quite easily, used Final Blast (or whatever Fiora's Insta-Topple art is called), had Shala use Head Shaker, then wailed away on her dazed body. I guess I was lucky for it to go that smoothly.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

paburrows

910. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

@paburrows: see those sections of glowing blue bar up in the upper left-hand portion of your screen during battle? that's your 'party gauge', and it gradually fills every time you hit the enemy (a common tactic when having trouble with a particularly strong enemy is to go fight some lesser mobs, get your Party Gauge up, and then have that Chain Attack ready to go against the strong enemy). when all three sections are filled, that's when the 'chain attack' becomes available, and you'll see those glowing blue lines linking your party members on-screen. when you see those lines appear, put your cursor on whichever-character-you're-maining's Talent Art (the big center ability), and then scroll down with the d-pad until the blue triangle symbol appears, then press A to use it.

time will slow down at that point, and all of your Arts will be available for you to choose from (regardless if they were in cooldown mode or not). when fighting Mechon Shulk should be your main, so immediately go for one of his pink sword-looking abilities (i forget what they're called, both inflict Break), then go for Reyn's Wild Down (the green sword-looking one that inflicts Topple). at that point the both of you (and anyone else in your party) can go ham on any Mechon together, regardless of whether you've used Enchant or not (idk if you have that ability yet though, it's been a while since i was there lol).

you're still really early on in the game, though, so don't worry so much about it. I didn't really get the hang of and start using the chain attack regularly myself until later on in the game, so if you manage to squeak through this area you're in and still don't have the hang of it, you'll still be all right. Xenoblade tends to make you aware of new obstacles and/or techniques long before you actually have to avoid or use them. :3

Hey thanks a lot! That helped me not only get through that battle, but know I somewhat know a little more about whats happening when I mash those buttons! LOL

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

911. Posted:

I like the major future visions, mainly because it seems like spoilers that you won't realize are spoilers until afterwards.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

912. Posted:

Yeah, I enjoy those too @kkslider5552000. I also like the premonitions you have when you find an item that is intertwined with a sidequest. It helps motivate me to find every type of item in an area, because you never know when and if they will come of use. My favorite aspects of Xenoblade Chronicles are: the unique, elaborate and beautifully designed environments, the orchestrated music and the cutscenes are awesome. Well, I believe the music is fully orchestrated. Otherwise, I have no idea how it could sound so smooth.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

913. Posted:

paburrows wrote:

Hey thanks a lot! That helped me not only get through that battle, but know I somewhat know a little more about whats happening when I mash those buttons! LOL

lol, i'm sitting at 51 with at least as many hours into the game and i still button-mash sometimes myself. it's easy to get flustered when you're in a tough battle, but if you can keep your cool and focus on what you're doing, you'll be okay. you don't lose anything if you die and you'll just respawn from the nearest landmark anyway. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

914. Posted:

Well, I've just begun the process of rebuilding Colony 6 guys. Are there any walkthroughs, material location charts or Wiki pages with information pertaining to the Colony 6 rebuild? I sold some materials earlier on, and I just happen to need them now. I can't remember where they were found, though. I could really use some type of chart, so I'd know exactly where all the needed materials are located.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

915. Posted:

Thank God I haven't really sold anything. Looks like that will pay off big time. That answers a question I had a while ago and never posted! :-P

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

916. Posted:

@Tech101, do you happen to remember where fossil monkeys are obtainable? I believe they're found somewhere around the Colony 9 area, but I'm not completely sure.

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

BenAV

917. Posted:

@G4L Colony 6 if I remember correctly.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

918. Posted:

Untitled

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

919. Posted:

Hey guys, I just found that chart I was looking for. This is the only chart you'll need to help you finish rebuilding Colony 6. It appears as if this project will be an ongoing process through most of the game, because some of the materials are only obtainable from high level enemy drops.

Colony 6 Reconstruction Chart
http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Colony_6_Reconstruction

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

920. Posted:

@G4L
I find it funny that your playing the informant, while you're playing the game more slowly than most. Not being hostile. I honestly am just amused by it.

Anyways, I'm level 81! Haha! Not even Territorial Rogbart stood a chance!

Anyways, I'm about to complete Colony 6. All I need to finish up Commerce is items from the lv.80 Sardis on Bionis Leg, plus some items from these two elements. After that I'll be done!

Edited on by TysonOfTime