Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 881 to 900 of 1,491

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

881. Posted:

OK SPOILER TIME

ok wtf is up with this game and GIANT EFFING SPIDERS OUT OF NOWHERE? ffs first i 'bout had a heart attack back when i first discovered the Daksha Shrine... wanting to say you had to pick up a necklace or something from there, and then when you get close enough to grab it that named spider comes crawling up from the ravine behind the shrine and eats you alive if you're not quick enough to just run like hell. then tonight i'm doing the line of quests in the Marsh that takes you through Exile Fortress... I'm overleveled for the area (just doing some sidequesting to gain XP for that fight on the Great Glacier because Mumkhar's about five levels over me... grr), but i go to place the Giant's Mirror on the altar and damned if a giant spider doesn't just crawl up from outta nowhere. granted, this one's just a normal spawn and it didn't auto-attack because i'm overleveled, but still, i damn near just pissed myself. this is a great game, but beware if you hate eight-legged surprises D: D: D:

SPOILER TIME IS OVER

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

882. Posted:

@theblackdragon
Also Spoiler
You think that's scary? I was still IN Sartol Marsh when that happend. As in, I was weak as heck. I started running away from the Spider... THEN TWO MORE CRAWLED UP THE SIDES!

Anyway, I believe the reason for all the Huge Spiders is that if you talk to certain people, you llearn that The Spiders where the sworn enemy of the Giants. So, wherever Giant Ruins lie, you can expect some spiders. (BTW, Tephra Cave has some Giant Ruins tha open later. Its filled with OP spiders.)

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

883. Posted:

@theblackdragon That spider made me crap my pants all the way back out of there LOL. I did get out in time but that thing hanging out over the ledge is just freaky!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Nintendo6400

884. Posted:

SPOILER AFTER YOU BEAT THE GAME

OK just beat the game today (great ending). Then the carry over to a new file happens. Now here's the question, what's different? Besides the carry over in level items oh and my favorite SHORTEN INVENTORY OF WEAPONS! :( Please someone tell me that there's other stuff to do like NEW side quests that can't be done in the 1st play through. Thank you

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

885. Posted:

I'm so early in the game still... but it's hard to find the time for this one. Also, I love the open spaces but have gotten annoyed pretty quick when forced to go through narrower corridors. It's hard to see what any of my party members are doing, no matter how much I play with the camera.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

886. Posted:

I want this game... if I get it it won't be until July though :(

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

887. Posted:

You should have told me, I would have given you my copy. (or sold it at a reasonable price).

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

888. Posted:

Eh, I've got a ton of games to defeat right now, but eventually I'll have to get it.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

889. Posted:

Hey! I discovered the Daksha Shrine while exploring the Bionis' Leg, but I still haven't received any sidequests that required me to retrieve anything from there. There are no more sidequests available in the refugee camp, right now. I haven't visited the Sartol Marsh yet, though. @theblackdragon, do you happen to remember when and or where you received the aforementioned sidequest from?

Edit: Does anybody know anything of this sidequest?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

890. Posted:

@G4L: the sidequest that i was referring to came from Satorl Marsh, so don't worry — you can't have missed it yet if you're not that far along. :3 It's part of a line of quests (do one, then talk to the same people again and another is available — that kind of thing), toward the end of the line in fact, so don't worry about not seeing it available immediately because you'll have to do a few quests in the line first. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

891. Posted:

@theblackdragon, thanks again sweety. I knew I couldn't have missed any sidequests, because I've been doing them all. I tried to battle that giant spider at the Daksha Shrine, when I discovered it. I got my a** handed to me on a silver platter. lol

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

892. Posted:

How the eff do i beat Disciple Loritha?!?!?!?! >:{

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Nintendo6400

893. Posted:

OH a boss that took me forever! What's your level? I'll help.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

894. Posted:

@SMEXIZELDAMAN Here's what I said when I helped someone else with this frustrating boss.

FonistofCruxis wrote:

Anyway, I had loads of trouble with this boss too. She was easily the hardest boss in the game for me and as annoying and time consuming as it will be, you may need to level grind as I couldn't beat her until I was level 77 but you should try fighting her again after each level up as you may be able to beat her earlier as I've heard of some people that somehow beat her at level 74. As for how to fight her, you need to beat all the ether monsters she summons before fighting her as they significantly boost her defence. They can't actually be killed by you though so you have to beat them until they have a very small amount of health left and they will self-destruct soon afterwards which will damage you if you're close by. Ether attacks do much more damage to the creatures she summons than other attacks do so its best to have either Melia or Rikki on your team and Shulk's cyclone Monado art is also an effective attack to use against them. I beat her with Shulk, Sharla and Rikki which was also the team I beat the final boss with. Hope that helps. :)

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

895. Posted:

so I've spent 5+ hours on the Bionis Leg. I've almost gotten somewhere in this game maybe!

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

896. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

@SMEXIZELDAMAN Here's what I said when I helped someone else with this frustrating boss.

FonistofCruxis wrote:

Anyway, I had loads of trouble with this boss too. She was easily the hardest boss in the game for me and as annoying and time consuming as it will be, you may need to level grind as I couldn't beat her until I was level 77 but you should try fighting her again after each level up as you may be able to beat her earlier as I've heard of some people that somehow beat her at level 74. As for how to fight her, you need to beat all the ether monsters she summons before fighting her as they significantly boost her defence. They can't actually be killed by you though so you have to beat them until they have a very small amount of health left and they will self-destruct soon afterwards which will damage you if you're close by. Ether attacks do much more damage to the creatures she summons than other attacks do so its best to have either Melia or Rikki on your team and Shulk's cyclone Monado art is also an effective attack to use against them. I beat her with Shulk, Sharla and Rikki which was also the team I beat the final boss with. Hope that helps. :)

Thanks dood. Managed to beat her at 72 anyways xD Just used Melia Reyn and Sharla! Now I'm going ham!

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

897. Posted:

SPOILERS
...I haven't even made it to her yet, I'm ALMOST there, currently heading towards the Bionis' Heart.
Although I'm already level 77...

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

paburrows

898. Posted:

Im stuck, I haven't been playing long and am still getting used to the controls and can't seem to figure out the chain attack. I'm currently in the first town during the attack when the girl gets killed in the mech by the Mechion with the face. I looked at the tutorials and still can't figure it out, can someone help?

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

899. Posted:

@paburrows: see those sections of glowing blue bar up in the upper left-hand portion of your screen during battle? that's your 'party gauge', and it gradually fills every time you hit the enemy (a common tactic when having trouble with a particularly strong enemy is to go fight some lesser mobs, get your Party Gauge up, and then have that Chain Attack ready to go against the strong enemy). when all three sections are filled, that's when the 'chain attack' becomes available, and you'll see those glowing blue lines linking your party members on-screen. when you see those lines appear, put your cursor on whichever-character-you're-maining's Talent Art (the big center ability), and then scroll down with the d-pad until the blue triangle symbol appears, then press A to use it.

time will slow down at that point, and all of your Arts will be available for you to choose from (regardless if they were in cooldown mode or not). when fighting Mechon Shulk should be your main, so immediately go for one of his pink sword-looking abilities (i forget what they're called, both inflict Break), then go for Reyn's Wild Down (the green sword-looking one that inflicts Topple). at that point the both of you (and anyone else in your party) can go ham on any Mechon together, regardless of whether you've used Enchant or not (idk if you have that ability yet though, it's been a while since i was there lol).

you're still really early on in the game, though, so don't worry so much about it. I didn't really get the hang of and start using the chain attack regularly myself until later on in the game, so if you manage to squeak through this area you're in and still don't have the hang of it, you'll still be all right. Xenoblade tends to make you aware of new obstacles and/or techniques long before you actually have to avoid or use them. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

900. Posted:

I've come upon the sidequest in Colony 9 involving Desirée's future endeavors. I have the game saved twice. Once for each choice, because I wanted to know which career path you guys all decided to suggest. Did you choose for her to become a sculptor or a soldier? I'm not completely sure why, but I've been leaning towards sculptor myself. I guess I just thought Kenny Rohan could use an assistant, since I had chosen to assign Jackson to chef duties at the curry shop. Also, does anybody know or remember what outcomes will arise from each of these choices? Even if a little unimportant.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro