Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 841 to 860 of 1,495

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

841. Posted:

It was a big Lv. 70 Mantis Unique Mechon in Central Factory, right outside the Face Restoration Lab.
He spammed a shockwave move that almost always decimated my party.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

842. Posted:

Yes @WaluigiBag, I can relate to your situation. @TysonQ7 even commented on how obsessed I've been acting about the sidequests. :P

I guess I'll be completing every sidequest, except for one. Argh! lol

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

843. Posted:

I'm actually pretty close to being done side-quest wise I think. I've got 5 star affinity everywhere but Colony 6 Area, in which I have 4 stars.

I also haven't missed any Timed Quests. I'm glad.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

AuthorMessage

Ecto-1

844. Posted:

I don't know if this quite qualifies, but just in case SPOILERS!!!

I know I am way behind you guys, but I am stuck at Xord. What levels were your characters at when you beat him? Currently, mine are all around 27 or 28 (don't remember exactly) and I know you have to topple him to do any real damage, but it seems like I'm lucky if I pull off one chain attack before he kills my whole party. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

845. Posted:

I don't believe I have missed any sidequests, except for the aformentioned sidequest above. I don't think I've even advanced the story enough to allow any sidequests to become unacceptable. Ha! That would just be unacceptable. lol

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

WaluigiBag

846. Posted:

@G4L I have not left for Colony 6 with over 20 hours of playing time (23:01 to be exact) because I am doing all of the Quests and talking to NPCs. Actual play time is a lot more, though. I restarted my file once, and I will reset the system if something I did bothers me. :P

I still have not played Xenoblade Chronicles since last night. I must make a decision about the Quest soon because I want to play! :D

Edited on by WaluigiBag

WaluigiBag

Nintendo Network ID: WaluigiBag

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

847. Posted:

@WaluigiBag, I would just say no, like I did. I'm sure the sidequest can't be very crucial to the outcome of the game. Especially, since it's the only sidequest that depends on an earlier decision. Altogether, I've been playing for 54 hours, so don't feel so bad. My party is only at level 29. I've gained most of my experience from completing sidequests. I've only done some grinding for SP and AP points, so far. I've completed almost 100 sidequests, and I haven't even progressed past the Guar Plains yet. :P

By the way, there's always New Game Plus. You can always try the other option, the next time you play through the game again. Which will take considerably less time, because you'll already be leveled up and have your most powerful equipment/accessories.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

WaluigiBag

848. Posted:

G4L wrote:

@WaluigiBag, I would just say no, like I did. I'm sure the sidequest can't be very crucial to the outcome of the game. Especially, since it's the only sidequest that depends on an earlier decision. Altogether, I've been playing for 54 hours, so don't feel so bad. My party is only at level 29. I've gained most of my experience from completing sidequests. I've only done some grinding for SP and AP points, so far.

Thanks for your help! If I want to do the Quest, I could always do it on the New Game Plus. Heh, I am gaining most of my experience from sidequests, as well. :)

WaluigiBag

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

849. Posted:

Hey, I just edited my post above to add that in. :P

I'd rather try to keep all of the villagers happy, anyways.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

WaluigiBag

850. Posted:

@G4L

So, I could opt for the positive affinity like you did this time, and unlock the Quest on the New Game Plus. Hopefully I will be able to move on now! :D

WaluigiBag

AuthorMessage

WaluigiBag

851. Posted:

G4L wrote:

Hey, I just edited my post above to add that in. :P

I'd rather try to keep all of the villagers happy, anyways.

Heh, I read it. Thanks! I could have a very high level to start on the New Game Plus? :D

I want to keep all of the villagers happy, as well. I guess this about settles it for me. :)

Edited on by WaluigiBag

WaluigiBag

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

852. Posted:

I know I'll be making some different decisions, because I chose a wrong answer for Shulk and Reyn's Heart-to-Heart outside Tepra Cave. I'll probably answer a few more Heart-to-Hearts somewhat incorrectly too. There are a lot of them. This game is a completionist's nightmare, and a really rough time for those who have OCD. Yes, but the highest level your characters can advance to is 99. You could have some very powerful gems, weapons and armor. Your skill tree and abilities will all be completely unlocked, as well. :P

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

WaluigiBag

853. Posted:

G4L wrote:

I know I'll be making some different decisions, because I chose a wrong answer for Shulk and Reyn's Heart-to-Heart outside Tepra Cave. I'll probably answer a few more Heart-to-Hearts somewhat incorrectly too. There are a lot of them. This game is a completionist's nightmare, and a really rough time for those who have OCD.

Haha! So true about it being a completionist's nightmare, and really rough for those with OCD! The good thing is that Xenoblade Chronicles is so much fun (not surprising, Nintendo games are always very fun). :P

About that Heart-to-Heart with Shulk and Reyn outside Tephra Cave, I mistakenly chose all of the wrong answers. I got an Achievement called "Heartbreaking" for having a Heart-to-Heart go as poorly as possible. I accepted the outcome because at least I got an Achievement from it. :D

Thanks a lot for your friendliness and comments! Hopefully, I will be on the forums to read your comments when you play New Game Plus. :)

Edited on by WaluigiBag

WaluigiBag

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

854. Posted:

No problem at all my friend. Sometimes all that's needed is a little kindness. I hope you choose to stay around too, because I need someone else with OCD to relate with. :P

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

855. Posted:

@TysonQ7, how did you unlock the 5 star affinity rating for Colony 9? I've only unlocked a 4 star affinity rating. The last two sidequests I completed were finding Jacob a job with Georgio the curry chef, and retrieving the message in a bottle from the back of the cave at the Agora Shore for Liliana. I've done every sidequest that has become available, so far. Did you have to revisit Colony 9 more than once to unlock the 5 star affinity rating, and did you unlock it by completing sidequests after the two I just mentioned above? I've also only unlocked a 1 star affinity rating for the refugee camp on the Bionis Leg, and I'm unable to locate anymore sidequests there. How did you unlock a 5 star affinity rating at the refugee camp on the Bionis Leg, and how many sidequests were you able to complete there?

Update: I finally killed that damn Violent Andante. For some reason, nothing you guys suggested would seem to work. I had an idea come to mind, and so I tried it. There and behold it stood directly in front of me. I remember killing it before I even received the sidequest, but not by choice. It attacked my party one day, while I was making my way back to the refugee camp. @TysonQ7, I've still only unlocked a 4 star affinity rating for Colony 9. I just completed the sidequest to replace the light in the lake that everyone watches religiously every night. I was mistaken, I've actually unlocked a 2 star affinity rating for the refugee camp on the Bionis Leg. I was unable to locate anymore sidequests, so I made my way to the Ether Mines. I've been playing for about 56 hours now, and my party is only at level 30. lol

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

856. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

It was a big Lv. 70 Mantis Unique Mechon in Central Factory, right outside the Face Restoration Lab.
He spammed a shockwave move that almost always decimated my party.

I remember it now but none of my party members were a high enough level at the time so I didn't bother and I did go back to a few unique enemies that I couldn't fight when I first saw them but I didn't go back to that one. Unfortunately it spotted me and killed all of my party members as we tried to run away.

G4L wrote:

I know I'll be making some different decisions, because I chose a wrong answer for Shulk and Reyn's Heart-to-Heart outside Tepra Cave. I'll probably answer a few more Heart-to-Hearts somewhat incorrectly too. There are a lot of them. This game is a completionist's nightmare, and a really rough time for those who have OCD. Yes, but the highest level your characters can advance to is 99. You could have some very powerful gems, weapons and armor. Your skill tree and abilities will all be completely unlocked, as well. :P

Level 99 may be the highest level you can get to but there are five unique enemies that have a higher level than that, that have been referred to as the super bosses by fans. You won't have to worry about an accidental encounter with any of them though as they don't appear until after a certain point in the game and you will have done everything you need to story-wise in the areas they appear in by the time they do appear.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

857. Posted:

Can anyone answer my question above? I'd really like to know if I should've unlocked the 5 star affinity rating in Colony 9 by now, or if I'll just need to revisit Colony 9 at a later point in time. I'd also like to know if it's even possible to do so in the refugee camp on the Bionis' Leg? I've stated above which sidequests I last completed in both areas, and I'm unable to locate anymore sidequests at the refugee camp on the Bionis' Leg. I'd greatly appreciate any insight on this matter. I believe @TysonQ7's patience is wearing thin from all my questions. :P

Just to give you some idea of where I am currently, I just visited the Ether Mines for my first time. I don't want to advance the story too much, so I don't loose any sidequests in earlier areas. I have no clue how far I'm able to progress before I do so.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

858. Posted:

@G4L I'm about the same place as you and I don't want to advance the story until I get all these timed quest done!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

859. Posted:

@G4L
Think about it like this; as new areas open, residents want you to do new tasks involving those areas, so yeah. You have to revisit later to find more quests.

And DONT WORRY ABOUT THE TIMED QUESTS!
Any Bionis Leg quests expire when you move them back to Colony 6 after the Quest "The Road Home."
After completing it, you are given the choice to move them back or wait, so you can finish any unfinished bussiness.
The quest "The Road Home" does expire at some point, as the character who gives it to you plays a role in the story and moves. However, when this happens, another almost identical quest appears with the same result.
Most time quests are based on locations. If you come across a timed quest in an area filled with not-timed quests, it means (in all but a few exceptions) that completing another quest will nullify it; AKA Choice Quests. (Like giving the dew drop to Monica or Andreas.)

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

860. Posted:

@TysonQ7, so what you are implying is it's possible to acquire a 5 star affinity rating in the refugee camp on the Bionis' Leg, correct? I can disregard moving the Colony 6 citizens back from the refugee camp, until later on? Will doing so allow me to complete more sidequests from the refugee camp? Also, do you happen to remember if there were anymore timed sidequests in either Colony 9 or on the Bionis' Leg, after the sidequests I have completed? I thank you, for being so patient with me @TysonQ7. I know I have to be getting on your nerves already. I just love Xenoblade Chronicles so much, and I really wish to experience every single thing it has to offer.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro