Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 821 to 840 of 1,499

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

821. Posted:

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having a LOAD of trouble with Jade Face in The Mechonis Capital. I finished his first phase, but in his second when he summons those little pest robots he whoops my @$$. He keeps killingme with his WAY overpowered attacks. Any help? (I'm a level 65 and all this grinding is pissing me off. I just need to know what what you did)

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything truly valid about what I say; Please exercise both.
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

822. Posted:

Does anybody know if the Violent Andante from Sky Stage will eventually respawn? I even left the Bionis Leg, and I completed two more sidequests in Colony 9. When I returned, the damn Violent Andante was still nowhere to be found. I'd really prefer to finish this sidequest, before I move onwards. It's the only sidequest I have left that is currently available on the Bionis Leg. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you. :P

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

823. Posted:

@G4L
I'm not sure if you killed it in the first place. It took me an incredibly long time for me to "find" it.
Just look around the area above the Mount Tortas and the hill where all the Mechon are.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Cipher

824. Posted:

@G4L Unique enemies will respawn eventually. If you want it to respawn sooner rather than later, it'd be a good idea to go back to the Sky Stage, save your game, then keep reloading the save (through the same part of the menu you save in) until it respawns. Only takes a couple of seconds. It might come back first time, might take three or four reloads, but it will come back.

The Nintendo Channel: New Generation Gaming
Latest Review: Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) (Wii U)

Nintendo Network ID: jacktaylor | Twitter: TheNChannel

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

825. Posted:

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having a LOAD of trouble with Jade Face in The Mechonis Capital. I finished his first phase, but in his second when he summons those little pest robots he whoops my @$$. He keeps killingme with his WAY overpowered attacks. Any help? (I'm a level 65 and all this grinding is pissing me off. I just need to know what what you did)

You may have to grind some more and equipping your characters with some gems could help too. For example, giving Reyn some strength boosting gems or agility boosting gems for Dunban or ether boosting gems form Melia and Rikki. Also, whenever he summons those other mechon, deal with them first so that they don't get in the way. Sorry, if I couldn't give any more specific advice but I don't remember the fight that well.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

826. Posted:

@G4L: it's been a while since i did that sidequest, but i think to finally get that thing to appear I had to go to the Sky Stage area and just walk around, changing the time — wanting to say he finally appeared around 4:00 or 5:00-ish or so. that thing shows up in the wee hours of the morning, and it's huge iirc, so you'll know when he's spawned.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

827. Posted:

I swear I will start this game soon...after I get over making fun of it :D

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

828. Posted:

@lz: you've got a looooooot of catching up to do >:3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

829. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

@lz: you've got a looooooot of catching up to do >:3

Well DUH! Considering it has been a month since the game's release and I only opened it :D

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

WaluigiBag

830. Posted:

Please help me out! Should I answer the question from Dionysis so that he will have positive affinity with Jan, or should I answer so that I can do the Quest for Jan later on? I want to do all of the Quests, though I want characters to have positive affinity. That's why I'm not sure what to do.... I want to have the optimal outcome.

WaluigiBag

Nintendo Network ID: WaluigiBag

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

831. Posted:

WaluigiBag wrote:

Please help me out! Should I answer the question from Dionysis so that he will have positive affinity with Jan, or should I answer so that I can do the Quest for Jan later on? I want to do all of the Quests, though I want characters to have positive affinity. That's why I'm not sure what to do.... I want to have the optimal outcome.

Impossible. Just like real life, not everyone can be happy/like each other.

AuthorMessage

WaluigiBag

832. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

WaluigiBag wrote:

Impossible. Just like real life, not everyone can be happy/like each other.

Which option do you think is best?

WaluigiBag

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

833. Posted:

@WaluigiBag, do you mean when Dionysis asks you if Jan is too old for the girl? If your answer is yes, how do you know there's a quest from Jan later on? There's so many alternate paths in this game. I'm definitely going to fire up the New Game Plus, someday in the future. I have an excellent memory, so I'll be able to remember which routes I've already chosen. For instance, I wish I had told the scientist in Colony 9 to go see his wife.

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

WaluigiBag

834. Posted:

G4L wrote:

@WaluigiBag, do you mean when Dionysis asks you if Jan is too old for the girl? If your answer is yes, how do you know there's a quest from Jan later on? There's so many alternate paths in this game. I'm definitely going to fire up the New Game Plus, someday in the future. I have an excellent memory, so I'll be able to remember which routes I've already chosen. For instance, I wish I had told the scientist in Colony 9 to go see his wife.

Yes. I read that there's a Quest from Jan later on if you answer that Jan is too old (they will have negative affinity, though). If not, the Quest is locked out; however, they will have positive affinity.

I am not sure how to proceed. Have positive affinity between Jan and Dionysis, or open the Quest?

Edited on by WaluigiBag

WaluigiBag

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

835. Posted:

Well, morally what would you say?

Luckily, this is the only instance where a choice LOCKS you out of a standalone quest.

AuthorMessage

WaluigiBag

836. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Well, morally what would you say?

Luckily, this is the only instance where a choice LOCKS you out of a standalone quest.

Heh, I'm not sure. How about you? I have OCD, so this bothers me. I only want to get a good feeling about one so that I can proceed. :D

Edited on by WaluigiBag

WaluigiBag

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

837. Posted:

I'm just curious, where did you read about this sidequest WaluigiBag? Did the source have information pertaining to any other sidequests? I chose the answer which eliminates the sidequest from Jan. I didn't know about the sidequest, though. If you decide to accept the sidequest, be sure to let me know what it is. I have OCD too my friend.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

WaluigiBag

838. Posted:

G4L wrote:

I'm just curious, where did you read about this sidequest WaluigiBag? Did the source have information pertaining to any other sidequests? I chose the answer which eliminates the sidequest from Jan. I didn't know about the sidequest, though. If you decide to accept the sidequest, be sure to let me know what it is. I have OCD too my friend.

I read about the Quest on the internet. It's called "The Old Soldier's Test." http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/The_Old_Soldier's_Test

It's the only Quest that can be locked out (not counting ones that are timed, or missable from progressing through the story). I do not want to read spoilers, I only want to know things so that I can be very thorough while interacting with the NPCs. :)

Heh, I am literally diagnosed with OCD. Have taken medication. While playing, it can be a massive annoyance. Little matters that are very trivial to others can stick in my mind. I want to do things properly. Since you have OCD, you can understand how I feel? :D

I still want to know what to do. Anyone at all? :P

Edited on by WaluigiBag

WaluigiBag

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

839. Posted:

Bah. Just say yes. The quest won't make anyone happy, so just improve the affinity between them.

SPOILER
Who ever was having trouble with Jade Face was right. He WAS difficult. I just barely beat him, with a Lv. 72 Party.

Though he still wasn't as tough as Magestic Modered in the Central Factory. Took me like, 8 tries to beat him.

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

840. Posted:

@TysonQ7 Magestic Modered?

Neilloggery