Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 801 to 820 of 1,499

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

801. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

You know White Eduardo only appears during a Thunderstorm. Right?
BTW, do you actually read the quest description in the log? If not, it's helpful.

Yes and yes. I read every sidequest's details, but they're usually too vague or the locations aren't precise enough. A thunderstorm is when it's raining, correct? I have seen it rain on multiple occasions, but I've never heard any thunder. I visited the island in the middle/northwest section of Raguel Lake while it was raining, but the only unique monster that was there was an Abnormal Brog. Which I needed to dispatch for another sidequest.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

802. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

@Fonis
Spoiler
What about Mechonis Quests?
Although, there weren't many so I guess I might not have missed any...
Oh! I felt a bit bad when I was locked out of Sword Valley. I wanted to blow up the generator in Galahd but forgot. I think I got all the unique monsters...
Though I forgot to collect 3 Art Core Coils. Well, at least I found Kazat can trade for them. :P Though I did complete the maps and Collectapedia.

I forgot about that, yes, you need to finish all sidequests in any Mechonis areas if you have any desire to (which I can tell that you do).

G4L wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

You know White Eduardo only appears during a Thunderstorm. Right?
BTW, do you actually read the quest description in the log? If not, it's helpful.

Yes and yes. I read every sidequest's details, but they're usually too vague or the locations aren't precise enough. A thunderstorm is when it's raining, correct? I have seen it rain on multiple occasions, but I've never heard any thunder. I visited the island in the middle/northwest section of Raguel Lake while it was raining, but the only unique monster that was there was an Abnormal Brog. Which I needed to dispatch for another sidequest.

For me, White Eduardo didn't appear until I had defeated all other enemies on the island. Its on a small island in Raguel lake with a lot of thin bird like enemies. Make sure, there's a thunderstorm, then once you've defeated all the enemies on the island, keep changing the time until White Eduardo appears.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

803. Posted:

@G4L
A thunderstorm is different then rain.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

804. Posted:

@TysonQ7, will lightning flashes be present as well?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

805. Posted:

@G4L
Yes, but you'll most likely hear it rather than see it.

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

806. Posted:

Thank you guys! You've all been most helpful.

I laid the flowers on the grave site. I'm still unable to finish the second half of the sidequest, because I'm unable to locate the Arrogant Tirkin that is supposedly in the vicinity. Does anybody know exactly where the Arrogant Tirkin is located? I also found the Pandora Mushroom in the far eastern corner of Windy Cave, but there is a lvl. 75 Mysterious Barnaby closely guarding it. It's also surrounded by huge Pandora Pods that contain lvl. 80 Envy Gogols inside. Does anybody know a strategy I can use, so I can obtain the Pandora Mushroom? Or do I have to wait until later in the game when I'm strong enough to battle the Mysterious Barnaby? If so, I don't understand why I would receive such a sidequest this early in the game.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

807. Posted:

@G4L
The Trikin appears directly in front of the grave once you put the flowers down.
Also, to sneak past te spider, remember, they dectect noise, so walking EXTREMELY slow is the best way to get it.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

808. Posted:

@TysonQ7, @G4L: You're talking about that 'With Great Gratitude' quest or whatever, right? I've been through that cave a total of twice now (once exploring, once to get the mushroom) and it's easy as hell to avoid all the monsters inside. Even if you do manage to trigger the spider's aggro while picking up the mushroom, if you just run like hell and don't look back, you'll be fine. i touched him on accident while getting the mushroom, so i know from experience that you'll be okay if you run :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

809. Posted:

Thanks a lot, @TysonQ7 and @theblackdragon. I completely forgot the spiders are only alerted by heavy foot-fall. @TysonQ7, that's really strange, because I didn't see any Tirkins in sight. I'll travel back to that area. I'm still having much trouble locating the Violent Andante. I hope it respawns soon than later.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

810. Posted:

@TBL
Hahaha... That's what I did too.
C'mon @G4L! This game is far too amazing to over quest. And you can do them all later! Most Timed quests are pretty ovious as to when they expire.

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

811. Posted:

You could look at it that way @TysonQ7. I think it's far too amazing not to take my sweet time with it. By the way, how can you obviously confirm how much time you have before a timed sidequest expires?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

812. Posted:

@G4L: those timed quests expire when it becomes impossible for you to complete them — otherwise, you can conceivably complete them anytime you feel like it, provided you are physically able to do so (e.g. you have to be able to beat the monsters you're after, lol). the game makes it pretty obvious when you've hit these points of no return, so to speak, and you'll know them once you've hit them. just save often and be prepared to go back and do things when you realize you've hit these points. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

813. Posted:

So I take it timed quests then are more about not advancing the story then having say 20 mins to finish them?!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

814. Posted:

@Jamouse, I'm also very disappointed that beautifully designed area didn't make the final cut. I wonder why it didn't, since most of the programming was apparently already finished. Maybe Nintendo/Monolithsoft would've needed to include a second disc to fit it all in the game. I wish they did, because they probably would've had enough room to polish the game even more so. By the way, I didn't find that any of those spoilers will hinder my overall enjoyment. Actually, I don't think anything could lessen the enjoyment I'm experiencing from this game. :D

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

815. Posted:

@Tech101: exactly. they're not timed in 'you have thirty minutes from now to find [insert item(s) here] for so-and-so', they're timed in 'when you pass this point in the story, you can no longer complete this quest' — at least, all the ones i've come across so far are that way. idk, i only just made it to Makna Forest, so there might be quests with an actual timed deadline later in the game, who knows :3

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

816. Posted:

@TBD
I'm pretty far in, so I don't think so. Just story expirations.
Also maybe spoilers, more like a warning, but for those who don't want ANYTHING spoiled don't read:
When you reach the top of a "Certian Field", the 2nd and 3rd most recent areas (not counting what you are in) will be cut off, and there is little warning. Take care of business there if beforehand if you reach such a place. (The "top" is the second to last floor.)

Edited on by TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

817. Posted:

@TysonQ7, could you please list at which points these said areas will be blocked off? Also, what exactly do you mean by story expirations? I really want to experience this whole game in it's entirety, but I believe you would know that by know. :D

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

818. Posted:

Well, um... I kinda did that above trying to avoid spoilers...
I only know of two parts where areas are actually cut off, which makes you lose the quests there.
The Bionis Leg quests are removed when you migrate the citizens back, which it in itself is a quest that expires after you reach where "you were" in the prologue.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

819. Posted:

@TysonQ7, I understand why there wouldn't be anymore sidequests on the Bionis Leg, if the citizens have been migrated back to Colony 6. Does it become physically inaccessible, or does the area just become irrelevant? Also, did you mean that sidequest has expired for me when you stated, "after you reach where you were in the prologue"?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

820. Posted:

Well after 2 weeks of having 0 time to play this, I finally popped the disc in and sat down for about 5 hours with it.

I would say where i'm at but am too tired to bother with putting spoiler warnings :P But I still feel like even after my 25 hour playtime I've only barely scratched the surface of this huge game. 0.o seriously, this game is massive! lol. But its so awesome at the same time.

(back to sidequesting!!!)

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.