Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 781 to 800 of 1,469

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

781. Posted:

Meh. I find Gem Crafting to be odd and confusing. I just take what the game gives me. I'm ridiculously OP anyways.
SPOILER
I'm a around half-way through Mechonis Field, yet my party is all level 65.
I still need to unlock Riki's 4th Skill Tree...

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

782. Posted:

I have a bunch of sidequest related questions for you guys.

1) Where exactly is Tranquil Grottlo located on the Bionis' Leg?

2) Where exactly can I locate the Violent Andante between Vilera Hill and Sky Stage?

3) Where exactly can I locate the White Eduardo (during a thunderstorm) at Raguel Lake?

4) Where exactly can I locate the lost Nopon Batubatu near Raguel Lake?

5) Where exactly is the lost Bird Necklace located near Raguel Bridge?

I've already spent a LOT of time trying to find everything listed above, without prevail. I searched high and low, this way and that way, in every direction. I really don't know how I could've possibly overlooked their whereabouts. I've never experienced this type of difficulty completing such simple tasks, in any other RPG I've ever played in my life. Is it just me, or are some of these sidequests way more demanding then they ever should've been?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Jamouse

783. Posted:

G4L wrote:

I have a bunch of sidequest related questions for you guys.

1) Where exactly is Tranquil Grottlo located on the Bionis' Leg?

2) Where exactly can I locate the Violent Andante between Vilera Hill and Sky Stage?

3) Where exactly can I locate the White Eduardo (during a thunderstorm) at Raguel Lake?

4) Where exactly can I locate the lost Nopon Batubatu near Raguel Lake?

5) Where exactly is the lost Bird Necklace located near Raguel Bridge?

I've already spent a LOT of time trying to find everything listed above, without prevail. I searched high and low, this way and that way, in every direction. I really don't know how I could've possibly overlooked their whereabouts. I've never experienced this type of difficulty completing such simple tasks, in any other RPG I've ever played in my life. Is it just me, or are some of these sidequests way more demanding then they ever should've been?

1) Follow the cliff where the refugee camp is located for a bit and you should come across it.
2) The Violent Ardante tends to run around a bit so it is tough to find him. I found him while I was travelling from the guidepost to raguel bridge, so check around that area.
3) There are a couple of islands in Raguel lake, It's located in the center of one of them ( I think the one north of Raguel bridge). By the way it looks like a brog.
4) The lost nopon is located on a cliff at the northern side of the lake. It's near the area with all the high level Gogols so watch out!
5) At the other end of tranquil grotto, there should be an exit which takes to a small cliff overlooking the area with the mechon near Raguel bridge. The bird necklace is at the very end of this cliff.

Jamouse

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

784. Posted:

@G4L The reason you're having such a hard time is because they don't give you a blue print to find anything. Its more realistic in my opinion. Most rpgs hold your hand and give you said item without exploration!

Take skyward sword for example. They told you the whereabouts and gave you a device to find the item you needed. At least that somewhat made you explore!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

785. Posted:

@Tech101, I did a lot of searching. The directions/locations that are provided are either too vague or aren't nearly precise enough.

By the way, thanks a lot @Jamouse. You saved me a lot of frustration my friend.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

786. Posted:

Spoiler
Well, the battle at Sword Valley's going well.
I just got to the Mechonis Capital!
Should I Stop here to load up on any unfinished quests?

Edited on by TysonOfTime

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

787. Posted:

@Jamouse, I'm still having trouble with a couple of those sidequests. I tried to locate Tranquil Grottlo, but I was still unable to. I'm really not sure which cliff you are referring to. The only cliff near the refugee camp is on your right when you're leaving the camp. It led me to a cave passage. Which led me to the area where the Bird Necklace was located, but not to Tranquil Grottlo. What type of monster is the Violent Andante, or what does it look like? I might possibly be passing it up. I may also have already killed it before I received the sidequest, and it just hasn't respawned yet. I'll check back later for your response, and I'll inform you if I somehow already completed either of those sidequests. Unless you've already replied. Thank you, in advance.

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

Jamouse

788. Posted:

@G4L
I think the Violent Ardante looks like a big Ardun ( So a bit like a triceratops). I mistook Kisk Cave for Tranquil grotto. Tranquil Grotto is actually located at the southern edge of Raguel lake.

Jamouse

AuthorMessage

Jamouse

789. Posted:

Really disappointed Bionis Shoulder didn't make the game. It looked awesome. Also, the video contains some spoilers so I wouldn't watch if you haven't finished the game yet.

Jamouse

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

790. Posted:

@Jamouse, I think I killed the Violent Andante before I even received the sidequest, and it still hasn't respawned. Does anybody know how long it takes for it to respawn, or do I need to kill some nearby Arduns before it will appear again? I was forced to dispatch some lower level monsters in another area before this other unique monster would respawn. That's why I ask. @Jamouse, I stumbled upon Tranquil Grottlo while examining the crystal deposit for Earnest. I searched for the White Eduardo at the island north of the Raguel Bridge, but it wasn't there. Although, an Abnormal Brog was there. I then searched the island/shore line in the southeastern corner of Raguel Lake, but it wasn't there either. Are you sure it was on one of those islands @Jamouse, or could it have been on one of those platform like structures in the lake? I've also been trying to return the refugee's clothes back to Gorman, but I haven't been able to locate him where he once was. Does anybody know where I can locate Gorman now? I'm supposed to lay flowers on the grave of Earnest's friend, but I haven't been able to locate the grave site. It's supposed to be located on the edge of a cliff to the north of Kasharpa Waterfall. The only cliff I know of in that area is Believer's Paradise, but there was no grave on the edge of that cliff. Does anybody know what cliff the grave is located on? I have one last question for now. Where/How can I find a Pandora Mushroom in Windy Cave? I tried slicing open the Pandora Pods, but there was nothing but spiders inside. Which actually killed me few times, because I was tired of running away. Hahaha! :P

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

James

791. Posted:

G4L wrote:

Yeah, I'm a completionist. I've been playing for 40 hours now. I scouted the entire lower and upper regions of the Gaur Plains, and I found my first two secret areas. My Colloectopedia is 100% completed, except for Colony 6. I've finally recruited Sharla, and I have to track down Juju. I have a ton of micro-management to do.

Wow, and I thought I was taking it slow. I'm about 13 hours in and have gone past that and have done most of the side quests too. Ditto on the Collectopaedia.

Good game though. When does the combat start really making sense? I mean, I get it, but it's all a bit chaotic at the moment.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

Jamouse

792. Posted:

@G4L I'm fairly certain The white eduardo is on that island.
Yeah, even the Xenoblade wiki agrees with me http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/White_Eduardo

Jamouse

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

793. Posted:

Yeah, I usually take my sweet time with videogames I find really enjoyable. I've done every single available sidequest, so far. A few of those sidequests had me running around for a lot more time than I probably should have been. That's probably why I've already accumulated so many hours of gameplay. I'll also admit that I've found myself taking a good amount time just to appreciate the very uniquely and beautifully designed landscapes. Xenoblade Chronicles' art direction is really gorgeous, so can you actually blame me for doing so? Don't worry @James, because you're not the only person who finds the battle system chaotic. I too pretty much know how it all functions, but forming a solid strategy is still in the works. :P

@Jamouse, I have no idea why I can't locate that damn White Eduardo then. Hmmm.... Maybe Eduardo was deported? I kid, I kid. :P

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

794. Posted:

Don't worry James! I still don't fully get the combat either. I'm on my ay to colony 6 and just behind you I believe. Little king story is getting in the way of this game though! I need to play it again before I forget where I'm at and how to play.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

cc-plus

795. Posted:

G4L wrote:

I'm supposed to lay flowers on the grave of Earnest's friend, but I haven't been able to locate the grave site. It's supposed to be located on the edge of a cliff to the north of Kasharpa Waterfall. The only cliff I know of in that area is Believer's Paradise, but there was no grave on the edge of that cliff. Does anybody know what cliff the grave is located on?

My memory is a little hazy but the grave is very close to Believer's Paradise. It's actually not on a cliff but at ground level. I think there's a body of water below the Believer's Paradise, jump into it and keep heading north/north east under the big landbridge until you reach the outer border of the map (i.e. the bottomless pit). The grave is hidden away in the northeastern most corner of the map. If you see tirkin enemies near the edge of the map you're in the right place.

As for Gorman, he appears late at night (21:00 - 6:00) inside the refugee camp near the camp fire. If you ever have trouble locating npcs I highly recommend using this google spreadsheet. It lists every npc in the game, where they are, what time they appear and what items you can trade with them. I wouldn't have been able to 100% the game (and stay sane) without it. :)

Edited on by cc-plus

cc-plus

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

796. Posted:

You know White Eduardo only appears during a Thunderstorm. Right?
BTW, do you actually read the quest description in the log? If not, it's helpful.

Spoiler
So, can anyone tell me when I should stop progressing and finish up any side-quests?
(I'm in Agniratha)

AuthorMessage

Mr_DSi

797. Posted:

@James Yeah, for the first 15 hours or so I absolutely hated the combat system to the point where I wanted to return the game. Yeah, it was THAT bad. I am now about 35 hours into the game and I can tell you that it will start making more sense and it will actually become enjoyable. Practice makes perfect!

3DS: 3437-3059-8846
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/lalalandtaco

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

798. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

You know White Eduardo only appears during a Thunderstorm. Right?
BTW, do you actually read the quest description in the log? If not, it's helpful.

Spoiler
So, can anyone tell me when I should stop progressing and finish up any side-quests?
(I'm in Agniratha)

You're not too far from the 'change' in Alcamoth so now wouldn't be a bad time to finish up any sidequests there but it wouldn't matter if you left sidequests in the other areas for later.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

799. Posted:

James wrote:

When does the combat start really making sense? I mean, I get it, but it's all a bit chaotic at the moment.

the more you play, the more sense it makes — definitely do some sidequests. all that practice beating up monsters to steal their pelts and claws and the like, it definitely helps when it comes time for a boss fight. chaos is kinda the name of the game, but if you can control that chaos, you'll get by. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

800. Posted:

@Fonis
Spoiler
What about Mechonis Quests?
Although, there weren't many so I guess I might not have missed any...
Oh! I felt a bit bad when I was locked out of Sword Valley. I wanted to blow up the generator in Galahd but forgot. I think I got all the unique monsters...
Though I forgot to collect 3 Art Core Coils. Well, at least I found Kazat can trade for them. :P Though I did complete the maps and Collectapedia.