Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 761 to 780 of 1,499

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

761. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

G4L wrote:

Thanks a lot for the warning @SKTTR. I've been doing every single sidequest that has been available in the game, so far. It would really suck if I reached a later point in the game just to find out I couldn't complete a specific set of sidequests. @SKTTR, when does this "change" occur? I haven't traveled to Colony 6 yet, but I should be soon. Is there a specific point in the storyline when this "change" takes place?

Just make sure you do all Alcamoth sidequests once you arrive there. The "change" is something that can´t be missed. Make sure to reload your file if you happen to trigger that change by accident.

Wait!!!!

SPOILER!
I JUST finished unlocking the seals to Prison Island... Should I finish up all the sidequests now? If so, any others?

No you're fine, the change is still quite far away.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

762. Posted:

Oh, ok. I looked up the name of the place where the quests expire, so I'm good.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

763. Posted:

omg omg omg omg on the path to Colony 6 with Sharla omg omg omg omg

also, SPOILERS:

so during that fight with the mechon tentacle monster thing, i let Reyn die and had nothing left in the party gauge to revive him with, so it was me and Sharla against this thing alone, right? for some reason, my attacks stopped working. everything was a 'miss', no matter what I tried. couldn't get the Monado to work, couldn't chain (duh, nothing in the gauge), zip, zilch, nada. the thing wasn't doing much damage that we weren't healing ourselves after anyway, so it finally came to a point where I got bored and chose the icon to 'stop fighting' or whatever, but then Sharla started taking some decent damage, so I entered battle again and sure enough, I was able to hit the thing again and finally take him down. It was the damnedest thing.

also, i'd forgotten to save right before that battle — my last save was just before that pack of Mechon you fight beforehand on the path, holy hell that was tense lol — so I was about pissing myself when that faced Mechon came out of nowhere and started kicking my tail. thank goodness for battles you're not supposed to win :O

okay, spoilers are over D:

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Neko_Rukiafan

764. Posted:

Where are those hidden glasses located in the High Entia Tomb?

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com est. on March 16th 2011

WiiWareWave League MK8 Weekly Tournament Code: 6551-9017-8098
Contests held regularly!

Twitter: WiiWareWave

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

765. Posted:

Rukiafan wrote:

Where are those hidden glasses located in the High Entia Tomb?

Are you talking about the telescope quest? The quest where you talk to the astronomer Nopon? Because I can't find the item in the quest at all.

AuthorMessage

Neko_Rukiafan

766. Posted:

There is actually supposed to be a hidden item called Ruby Specs that is hidden in the High Entia Tomb that can be worn as head armor, but that's about all I know. :|

Contests held regularly!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

767. Posted:

You can jump off the world. As an intentional part of an RPG.

Best ever? Best ever.

(I fully realize how far behind everyone else I am)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Neko_Rukiafan

768. Posted:

I haven't even reached the Mechonis capital yet so don't feel bad kkslider. ;)

Contests held regularly!

AuthorMessage

Jamouse

769. Posted:

SPOILERS
That plot twist at the end almost ruined the game for me. Almost. I recently started a New Game + and realised that it will take a lot more than that to ruin this game.
...such a great game...

Jamouse

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

770. Posted:

SPOILER!

I just got into...
GALAHAD FORTRESS!
I'm really hoping that there won't be many more plots twists and that I can just rescue Fiora...

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

771. Posted:

Sorry for the double post but...

Spoiler!

Woah. Shulk has a robot girlfriend now? He's now one of the coolest guys in history.

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

772. Posted:

@TysonQ7, so Fiora is still alive? Nice! I felt like she might be, for some reason. Especially after Shulk and Reyn burried those bodies in that Tephra Cave water hole. I figured they probably never checked to see if she was still alive or not, and she was already in the lake.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

773. Posted:

Just wait until you get to Prison Island. The story gets Approx. 300% more amazing.

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

774. Posted:

I've been playing for about 34 hours, so far. I've completed around 70 sidequests altogether, but I still haven't unlocked the 5 star affinity rating for Colony 9. I'm unable to finish anymore sidequests in Colony 9. I was given a sidequest I have no chance in hell completing until my characters are much, much stronger. I have no idea how you already unlocked the 5 star affinity rating for Colony 9 @TysonQ7. Out of those roughly 70 sidequests I've completed, 4 were from Tephra Cave and another four were from the Bionis Leg. I visited the Gaur Plains for my first time, and I've only mapped about a little under half of the lower region. It's just enormous, and the landscape is very uniquely and beautifully constructed. @TysonQ7, what level were your characters when you unlocked the 5 star affinity rating for Colony 9? I'm supposed to find some object hidden in the cave at the Agora Shore, but there's a behemoth Brog blocking the entrance. Is there anyway I can just run past him, so I can collect the item? Shulk and Reyn are only level 24, so I have no chance in hell defeating this monster.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

775. Posted:

Wow.... I spend time trying to do all the sidequests when I find a new area, but I'm not that obssesed. Listen, play the main game. After a while, revisit areas, as there will be new quests once you unlock more areas.

The way you're playing I doubt you'll ever finish. :P

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

776. Posted:

Yeah, I'm a completionist. I've been playing for 40 hours now. I scouted the entire lower and upper regions of the Gaur Plains, and I found my first two secret areas. My Collectopedia is 100% completed, except for Colony 6. I've finally recruited Sharla, and I have to track down Juju. I have a ton of micro-management to do. Hahaha! I just excepted five more sidequests from the refugee camp @TysonQ7. I really do need to return to Colony 9, though. My inventory is completely full of gem crafting materials. I don't want to be forced to leave behind any unique materials, if I happen upon any. I'm still a little clueless as to what the best combination of gem crafting materials is, but I have a good understanding about the rest of the process. Although, I wish I could find a gem crafting guide or at least some additional information on the subject.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

777. Posted:

G4L wrote:

Yeah, I'm a completionist. I've been playing for 40 hours now. I scouted the entire lower and upper regions of the Gaur Plains, and I found my first two secret areas. My Colloectopedia is 100% completed, except for Colony 6. I've finally recruited Sharla, and I have to track down Juju. I have a ton of micro-management to do. Hahaha! I just excepted five more sidequests from the refugee camp @TysonQ7. I really do need to return to Colony 9, though. My inventory is completely full of gem crafting materials. I don't want to be forced to leave behind any unique materials, if I happen upon any. I'm still a little clueless as to what the best combination of gem crafting materials is, but I have a good understanding about the rest of the process. Although, I wish I could find a gem crafting guide or at least some additional information on the subject.

Well, at least you can warp from place to place. Don't worry about crystals. You won't get any worthwhile ones until late in the game. Sell em for a profit.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

778. Posted:

@G4L: actually, i'd suggest practicing with some of the better crystals you pick up until you've got refining them into canisters and getting into Heat down pat. there's no sense bumbling around with good stuff later on if you don't know exactly what you're doing with it.

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

779. Posted:

It's a good damn thing I can warp anywhere I need to in this area, because it's F'ing enormous! I think I'll keep at least a few of each gem crafting material, just in case they contain a special property when fused with a material found later in the game. @theblackdragon, I didn't even know it was possible to refine crystals into ether canisters. How do I go about doing that exactly?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

780. Posted:

@G4L: sorry, i meant cylinders, lol. there's a pretty good guide up on the GameFAQs Xenoblade forum... basically, the idea when you go in to craft gems is first to refine the traits you want into cylinders as close to 100% as you can possibly get without going over (100% or more yields a gem, of course), and then use those high-percentage cylinders to get into Heat (over 200% for that trait) and possibly Mega Heat (over 300%) so that you wind up with a gem (or two in the case of Mega Heat) a level above that of the materials involved (get level IV gems using level III materials, for example). It's tricky, though, and it takes a bit of trial and error to figure out the best team with who you've got at the moment for refinement (i've been using Sharla where I'm at because of her green-flame bonus), but Shulk/Reyn seems to be pretty much the best for actual crafting with the refined cylinders, hands-down.

One thing that's handy to keep in mind is that you can start the crafting process even though you don't have any traits at 100%; you can hit 'confirm' at any time so long as you've chosen two or more materials to craft with.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER