Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 741 to 760 of 1,495

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

741. Posted:

@oldboy Yes I think an hour at a time is possible but you will at times have to put more into it as the story and battle segments sometimes take that long. I would also recommend you have a good 4-5 hours at least at the start to get use to everything from the battle system to exploring colony 9! Otherwise you might hate it if you only give it an hour or two to start!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OldBoy

742. Posted:

Ah cool ,thanks for the replies dudes. Well I think I'll buy a copy and have it sat there for when I have a free house for a few hours (pfft.. not often! :( ) to really get into it and then try to maybe get through it an hour at a time. I'm already playing Skyrim this way LOL. I often picture myself at 70,sat in a rocking chair still slowly plodding through this gens games backlog.:D
This is why I'm a big fan of Eshop and XBLA. Those nice quickfire games are perfect for me. I do love a good RPG though :D
Thanks for the help people :)

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintenbro

743. Posted:

Reala wrote:

Actually the sidequests where one of the games strong points for me and really added depth to the game, couldn't imagine skipping all that personally.

Same here my friend. I'm actually trying to complete every sidequest in the game. Although, they don't seem as enjoyable as the sidequests in Skyward Sword. They do give this RPG a much easier option for leveling up your characters and a good reason to. I can only handle so much grinding in any RPG, and then I'll be burned out for the remainder of the game.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

744. Posted:

OldBoy wrote:

I often picture myself at 70,sat in a rocking chair still slowly plodding through this gens games backlog.:D
This is why I'm a big fan of Eshop and XBLA. Those nice quickfire games are perfect for me. I do love a good RPG though :D
Thanks for the help people :)

I picture myself half demented in a care home at 70 as some carer pockets my pension and does who knows what else, my only hope is they are at least good looking.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OldBoy

745. Posted:

Reala wrote:

I picture myself half demented in a care home at 70 as some carer pockets my pension and does who knows what else, my only hope is they are at least good looking.

LMAO :D Unfortunately probably closer to the truth :D .............. :(

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

746. Posted:

Just seen a review of this on x-play. 4.5 out out of 5. That pretty much lines up with everyone on this game. Ill get a chance in the morning tomorrow to play this for a few hours. Can't wait.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

747. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Just seen a review of this on x-play. 4.5 out out of 5. That pretty much lines up with everyone on this game. Ill get a chance in the morning tomorrow to play this for a few hours. Can't wait.

Wow. It seems X-Play has to give an actual reveiw from time to time.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

748. Posted:

Wow just wow on the story so far!! Just finished the mechon battle in colony 9

Edit: And here i though getting a fever was a bad thing! Face palm! =-O

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintenbro

749. Posted:

I just achieved a 4 star affinity rating in Colony 9. Only one more star to go now. @TysonQ7, are new sidequests still becoming available in Colony 9 even after you've achieved a 5 star affinity rating? The Wallslide Gwynry finally respawned for me. I'm going to ignore anymore special monsters, until I receive a sidequest that requires them to be killed. I don't want to hault my progression in the future, because I have to wait for a special monster to respawn.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

750. Posted:

I had to force myself to leave colony 9 today! It wasn't easy as I've done close to 30 side quests. I received an item from a monster and wanted to take it back to sesame but opted not to yet. Thank God for quick travel!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FonistofCruxis

751. Posted:

G4L wrote:

I just achieved a 4 star affinity rating in Colony 9. Only one more star to go now. @TysonQ7, are new sidequests still becoming available in Colony 9 even after you've achieved a 5 star affinity rating? The Wallslide Gwynry finally respawned for me. I'm going to ignore anymore special monsters, until I receive a sidequest that requires them to be killed. I don't want to hault my progression in the future, because I have to wait for a special monster to respawn.

Not all the unique enemies are part of sidequests though so you probably shouldn't be like that with all of them.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintenbro

752. Posted:

Do sidequests still become available, even after you've achieved a 5 star rating for that specific area?

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FonistofCruxis

753. Posted:

G4L wrote:

Do sidequests still become available, even after you've achieved a 5 star rating for that specific area?

If you're asking me, sorry but I can't answer that as I didn't do enough sidequests to get 5 stars for any area.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

754. Posted:

G4L wrote:

Do sidequests still become available, even after you've achieved a 5 star rating for that specific area?

No, 5 Stars doesn't mean you've done everything there? How could I have? I doubt I'm even half-way in story-wise.

Anyways, only got to play a bit today, but I got a lot of Alcamoth quests done. I'll keep moving on with the story tomorrow.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Carb

755. Posted:

I got Xenoblade the day it came out in the U.S. I'm about 13 hours in now (entering Colony 6). I absolutely love it. I did think the combat was extremely chaotic in the beginning, but I'm really getting the hang of it now. I'm actually finding it quite hard! I often die and have to refight the same group of enemies. After the easy breezy (and fantastic) Skyward Sword, it's a nice change of pace.

I do wonder though, if the combat will get repetitive. It seems like I'm doing a lot BreakToppleDaze. I do that almost every big battle. It seems to work! But am just still early in the game and without enough cool Arts? Everytime I get the option to do a Chain Attack, I do the same combo. Just wondering..

I'm also finding the gem crafting process very confusing. is it just me? I think I'd probably do better in combat if I had more upgraded weapons but I haven't felt the urge to go back to Colony 9 to do some gem crafting because I just can't wrap my head whats happening there. I read through the page on the wiki. Still doesn't make sense.

As for sidequests, I've done some but not all. I really like that you can just jump back to wherever and continue to do quests or advance the storyline or just run around and fight badguys. It feels like the developers really tried to make everything as user-friendly as possible so there's never a time when you're playing and think, "Oh I wish I had this feature" because they already thought of it!

Carb

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

756. Posted:

Completionists aware: Little spoiler: The whole city of Alcamoth will "change" later so if you're a completionist make sure to find and do all sidequests in that area before that "change".

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintenbro

757. Posted:

Thanks a lot for the warning @SKTTR. I've been doing every single sidequest that has been available in the game, so far. It would really suck if I reached a later point in the game just to find out I couldn't complete a specific set of sidequests. @SKTTR, when does this "change" occur? I haven't traveled to Colony 6 yet, but I should be soon. Is there a specific point in the storyline when this "change" takes place?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FonistofCruxis

758. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

G4L wrote:

Do sidequests still become available, even after you've achieved a 5 star rating for that specific area?

No, 5 Stars doesn't mean you've done everything there? How could I have? I doubt I'm even half-way in story-wise.

Anyways, only got to play a bit today, but I got a lot of Alcamoth quests done. I'll keep moving on with the story tomorrow.

Actually, you'll be going to Prison island soon and after the boss fight there you'll be around halfway so you're not that far from being halfway through the game.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

759. Posted:

G4L wrote:

Thanks a lot for the warning @SKTTR. I've been doing every single sidequest that has been available in the game, so far. It would really suck if I reached a later point in the game just to find out I couldn't complete a specific set of sidequests. @SKTTR, when does this "change" occur? I haven't traveled to Colony 6 yet, but I should be soon. Is there a specific point in the storyline when this "change" takes place?

Just make sure you do all Alcamoth sidequests once you arrive there. The "change" is something that can´t be missed. Make sure to reload your file if you happen to trigger that change by accident.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

760. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

G4L wrote:

Thanks a lot for the warning @SKTTR. I've been doing every single sidequest that has been available in the game, so far. It would really suck if I reached a later point in the game just to find out I couldn't complete a specific set of sidequests. @SKTTR, when does this "change" occur? I haven't traveled to Colony 6 yet, but I should be soon. Is there a specific point in the storyline when this "change" takes place?

Just make sure you do all Alcamoth sidequests once you arrive there. The "change" is something that can´t be missed. Make sure to reload your file if you happen to trigger that change by accident.

Wait!!!!

SPOILER!
I JUST finished unlocking the seals to Prison Island... Should I finish up all the sidequests now? If so, any others?

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime