Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 721 to 740 of 1,491

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

721. Posted:

G4L wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Achievements... Don't remember for that one. :P

Would you mind checking?

I guess he does mind.

Oh, I went to bed. :P
I'll check soon before I leave today if you're still interested.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

722. Posted:

@G4L
Don't worry about it. Anyways, the Gwynry is in the room that branches to the left and right-- it's on the right. It caught me by surprise and almost got me.
ANYWAYS, Spoiler
Just got to Eryth Sea! It's so big! TOO MANY PLOT DEVICES!!

Also:
DUNBAN YOU'RE EMBARASSING RIKI!

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintenbro

723. Posted:

@BenAV, yes we're still interested!

@TysonQ7, thanks again, but could you be a little more specific as to the location my friend? It wasn't that really large bunnit, was it? I already killed that monster. If so, my game must be malfunctioning or something.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jamouse

724. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

@G4L
I have 63 Colony 9 Quests done, not including story.
Though I honestly hate choice quests. They make me feel bad...
Oh well, there's always next playthrough.

If you're talking about the quest with that soldier, then I know what you mean. Although apparently no matter which choice you chose, something bad happens.

Jamouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

725. Posted:

I just had a look through my achievements and from the look of them, I'm pretty sure that achievements are carried through as there's no way I've completed all that on the second playthrough alone.
I can't say 100% that they are, but I'm about 95% sure.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Crystalking18

726. Posted:

Well I'm pretty far ahead in the game, about to

SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS

about to fight the first disciple. How do I damage it, because all of my hits are only doing 100's. And I'm fighting with Shulk, Dunban, and Sharla, all of which are at lvl. 72

FF6: Release year- 1994
Kefka's birthday - November 9th
So.... my life is practically mirroring Kefka? Cool.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

727. Posted:

G4L wrote:

@BenAV, yes we're still interested!

@TysonQ7, thanks again, but could you be a little more specific as to the location my friend? It wasn't that really large bunnit, was it? I already killed that monster. If so, my game must be malfunctioning or something.

Sigh
Okay, you get to Magmell, go up the "stairs" go into the next room, go straight ahead, then take a right.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Grubdog

728. Posted:

G4L wrote:

I'm sorry if you found that statement offensive @Golden-Darkness, because I wasn't trying to be abrasive. I didn't even know which boss you were referring to, anyways. I feel pretty stupid for making that remark, in the first place. I apologise if I seemed like I was being a d*¢k. :P

Does anybody know where the hell the Wallslide Gwynry is hiding at Mag Mell Ruins in Tephra Cave. I don't see how this monster could be so elusive, because there's literally nowhere to hide in that area. Some of these sidequests are pretty annoying, and for the most ridiculous reasons too.

If you've fought Gwynry before getting the quest, he'll take a while to respawn again. I had to save and load a few times before it would re-appear.

pietriots.com - where serious gamers have fun with their puppies

Nintendo Network ID: GRUBDOG | Twitter: ChrisTansley

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BulbasaurusRex

729. Posted:

I looked it up on GameFAQs, and strangely most but not all achievements are carried over to a new game. Basically, the achievements are divided into "trials" and "records." The records are carried over, while the trials are reset. The trials include anything involving defeated unique monster counts, map exploration, most things involving affinity (including heart-to-hearts), completed quest counts, and slight spoiler the rebuilding of Colony 6.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
...
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

730. Posted:

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

I looked it up on GameFAQs, and strangely most but not all achievements are carried over to a new game. Basically, the achievements are divided into "trials" and "records." The records are carried over, while the trials are reset. The trials include anything involving defeated unique monster counts, map exploration, most things involving affinity (including heart-to-hearts), completed quest counts, and slight spoiler the rebuilding of Colony 6.

Well, that's reasonable.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintenbro

731. Posted:

Grubdog wrote:

G4L wrote:

I'm sorry if you found that statement offensive @Golden-Darkness, because I wasn't trying to be abrasive. I didn't even know which boss you were referring to, anyways. I feel pretty stupid for making that remark, in the first place. I apologise if I seemed like I was being a d*¢k. :P

Does anybody know where the hell the Wallslide Gwynry is hiding at Mag Mell Ruins in Tephra Cave. I don't see how this monster could be so elusive, because there's literally nowhere to hide in that area. Some of these sidequests are pretty annoying, and for the most ridiculous reasons too.

If you've fought Gwynry before getting the quest, he'll take a while to respawn again. I had to save and load a few times before it would re-appear.

No wonder I was unable to find this monster. I was pretty sure I already defeated any special monsters in that area. It's that larger type of lizard monster, correct?

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

732. Posted:

what are we talking about with 'a while to respawn'? is this some rough unit of IRL time, or can we just mess with the in-game clock? i've been doing my best to kill anything and everything i come across so far, including named creatures, so i hope i haven't killed anything i'm going to need to kill again soon, haha D:

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

733. Posted:

LOL at tbd! I've been doing the same thing. I like to kill anything in my path so I might have to remember that monsters name so I don't put a hurting on him LOL

As for the spawning question (if serious ) I believe if you let a little game time go by like a couple of hours the monster will respawn! That how it will usually work. Unless its a mmo. Then those are real timed based!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

734. Posted:

@Tech: I realize that, but to be honest I haven't been paying attention to how often named monsters respawn. I just know that the ones i've killed so far haven't yet come back — that bunniv in Tephra Cave, at least... it's been gone for quite a while i think, lol. i should probably check up to see if any of the others i've offed have respawned yet D:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

735. Posted:

Spoiler!
Decided to take a break from the main story and rebuild Colony 6.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FonistofCruxis

736. Posted:

Crystalking18 wrote:

Well I'm pretty far ahead in the game, about to

SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS

about to fight the first disciple. How do I damage it, because all of my hits are only doing 100's. And I'm fighting with Shulk, Dunban, and Sharla, all of which are at lvl. 72

If you just said her name, I wouldn't call it a spoiler as its clear that she's not on your side when you first see her but now that you've called her a disciple, I won't name her. Anyway, I had loads of trouble with this boss too. She was easily the hardest boss in the game for me and as annoying and time consuming as it will be, you may need to level grind as I couldn't beat her until I was level 77 but you should try fighting her again after each level up as you may be able to beat her earlier as I've heard of some people that somehow beat her at level 74. As for how to fight her, you need to beat all the ether monsters she summons before fighting her as they significantly boost her defence. They can't actually be killed by you though so you have to beat them until they have a very small amount of health left and they will self-destruct soon afterwards which will damage you if you're close by. Ether attacks do much more damage to the creatures she summons than other attacks do so its best to have either Melia or Rikki on your team and Shulk's cyclone Monado art is also an effective attack to use against them. I beat her with Shulk, Sharla and Rikki which was also the team I beat the final boss with. Hope that helps. :)

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OldBoy

737. Posted:

Okay so, I have wanted this game for a while. I live in the UK so its been available for months.Trouble is my gaming time is severely limited. What I'm wondering is - is it possible to play this game in 30m-1hr sessions or would you get nothing done in that time?, how is saving handled?,can you save anytime?
The reason i ask is the last big game I played on Wii was MHTri and it was impossible to play for less than 2-3hrs what with all the farming ,gathering ,oh and killing big beasties going on.While I liked the game and wished I was 15 again to give it the time required ,I had to sell it. :(

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

738. Posted:

OldBoy wrote:

Okay so, I have wanted this game for a while. I live in the UK so its been available for months.Trouble is my gaming time is severely limited. What I'm wondering is - is it possible to play this game in 30m-1hr sessions or would you get nothing done in that time?, how is saving handled?,can you save anytime?
The reason i ask is the last big game I played on Wii was MHTri and it was impossible to play for less than 2-3hrs what with all the farming ,gathering ,oh and killing big beasties going on.While I liked the game and wished I was 15 again to give it the time required ,I had to sell it. :(

The main game took me well over 100+ hours and with game+ despite letting you carry over your levels for the characters took that up to 250+ hours, so 1 hour sessions probably wouldn't be worth it, unless you maybe save it until you get a good bit of free time the game is unbelievably huge.

Edited on by Reala

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FonistofCruxis

739. Posted:

@Oldboy You won't normally get much done in half hour sessions but it would be possible in hour long sessions. It would be easier if you don't do much of the optional stuff and you won't be missing out on much by not doing many sidequests as for the most party they're quantity over quality you'd be missing out on a lot by not taking your time to explore the wonderfully designed game world and yes, you can save anytime.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

740. Posted:

Actually the sidequests where one of the games strong points for me and really added depth to the game, couldn't imagine skipping all that personally.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain