Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Posts 676 to 695 of 1,534

Spoony_Tech

mieu-fire wrote:

xenoblade i had trouble with some bosses mostly um i dont wanna put spoiler so imma say second fight at the Ether Mines was the hardest to me he was a pain in the **** it took me a while to beat it -.- bad times well i cant wait for last story

LOL. Thts the same boss I faced today. He did get me once. Second time I barely survived. I just need to figure out that combo attack and ill be alright!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Nintenbro

@theblackdragon, you can see which period of time villagers are present, by looking at your affinity chart in your journal. Just higlight the specific villager you are looking for.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Mieu-Fire

@Golden-Darkness TOS was easy untill i fought undine on my first time playing this game (when i was a nooby) but now i can beat mania mode like its easy mode and yes xenoblade is hard but just grind some and its simple i grind alot TOS llyod was 125 on my 3rd time beating it

Edited on by Mieu-Fire

MANGO

Mieu-Fire

Tech101 wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

xenoblade i had trouble with some bosses mostly um i dont wanna put spoiler so imma say second fight at the Ether Mines was the hardest to me he was a pain in the **** it took me a while to beat it -.- bad times well i cant wait for last story

LOL. Thts the same boss I faced today. He did get me once. Second time I barely survived. I just need to figure out that combo attack and ill be alright!

it took me my 3rd try idk y usaly im beasty at jrpgs but xenoblade was a challenge thats why its one of my favorite games i cant wait for last story i hope its challenging

MANGO

Nintenbro

TysonQ7 wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

You can't do all the sidequests now.
As you make progress tons of new sidequests will be available in the early areas.

Punches SKTTR
Get outta here! No one wants to hear of you or your truth! Let us wallow in our ignorance!

Yeah SKTTR! Don't you know ignorance is a bliss? Even if that is true, I'll still have less sidequests to complete when I return.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

theblackdragon

Epona14 wrote:

Um....theblackdragon how do you damage mechon in the colony 9 attack?

the game shows you how — you should be able to pull it up in the 'tutorials' menu — but you'll need Shulk to use an Art that has 'break' as an effect (either his main talent works or that one Art that hits multiple enemies in the front of the group), then you'll need Reyn (or another character who joins you; idk how far along in the attack you are) to use his Art that has 'topple' as an effect ('wild' something for Reyn, and then the other character also has a topple move iirc). first Break, then Topple, then just go ham on 'em when they fall. :3

@G4L: thank you, i'll check that out when i get home :3
@tech: thanks, bro — i'll take a closer look at my quest log and see if i can figure it out :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

bezerker99

The game isn't that hard if you do the side quests. You end up leveling up quick this way and the main story becomes easier.

"It's Reyn timeeee!"

TysonOfTime

I'm Spoiler at the Frontier Village, and I have to say... TWO NEW PARTY
MEMBERS? C'mon game! I've barley built up any with my fourth, but now TWO MORE? Why...Why is this game so good?!
Yeah anyways, another huge village and area for me to waste another week on. Woohoo.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Nintenbro

I'm exactly 21 hours in, and I've completed 55 sidequests in Colony 9. I just received two sidequests that I'm required to complete, before I advance the story any further. These are the first sidequests I've received that have the stopwatch icon. Anyways, the Monado is F'ing awesome! I'm so glad I finally have it in my hands, because now I only have to worry about the gems I'm going to utilize in Shulk's weapon. I tried gem crafting for the first time, and I really have no idea what I'm doing. I created two rank 2 gems, though. Is that fairly good, because I really don't know? I guess practice makes perfect in this case, because the gem crafting instructions are pretty vague.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

BulbasaurusRex

theblackdragon wrote:

that said, i mentioned this to someone else earlier, but the similarity of the quests to how WoW works confuses me because only some of them do you need to go back to the people who gave you the quest to pick up the reward, not all. It seems to mainly be the creature-killing quests that are automatic, but i damn near killed myself messing around with the time system, trying to see exactly when who came out where and blah-blah-blah only to finally locate one of the people i was looking for, and he didn't react at all when i talked to him. I'd completed two of his 'go kill these things to make our colony safer' quests and he wasn't interested in me at all, and then when i hit up the store i noticed i had more money than i'd had before, so i can only assume that i'd received the reward automatically. Maybe I've missed the cues (which is very likely, lol), but is there an easier way to tell whether or not you have to make the jump/trek back to where the quest-giver was in order to receive the reward?

When you complete the instructions, if you get a pop-up screen with a green "quest completed" icon, you don't have to return to the quest giver.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

BulbasaurusRex

KaiserGX wrote:

I haven't really played much of this game... I might trade it in. I kinda want to save up for a 3DS. I mean I have enough to buy one but I want a game too.

I recommend you put some decent time into it before deciding whether or not to sell it, as it will likely be difficult and expensive to get another copy down the line. At least play through the first big Mechon battle.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

SuperNictendo

I've spent so many hours side questing. That said I wish there was a way to up affinity between your party members quickly. I keep getting new characters and even the ones I had aren't ALL friended up. Or maybe Im going about the wrong way

3DS FC:1118 0218 6083

Nintenbro

Do your answers for the multiple choice segments dramatically affect future gameplay, or determine the amount of sidequests that will be available later on? If so, I'm going to note the answers I didn't choose, so I can choose them on my second playthrough. Does anybody have any gem crafting tips? Also, does Xenoblade Chronicles feature, "New Game +," like The Last Story?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

TysonOfTime

G4L wrote:

I'm exactly 21 hours in, and I've completed 55 sidequests in Colony 9. I just received two sidequests that I'm required to complete, before I advance the story any further. These are the first sidequests I've received that have the stopwatch icon. Anyways, the Monado is F'ing awesome! I'm so glad I finally have it in my hands, because now I only have to worry about the gems I'm going to utilize in Shulk's weapon. I tried gem crafting for the first time, and I really have no idea what I'm doing. I created two rank 2 gems, though. Is that fairly good, because I really don't know? I guess practice makes perfect in this case, because the gem crafting instructions are pretty vague.

FYI, the timer quests just means that doing something or advancing to a certain point in the story will cause that quest to be incompletable, like in the Colony 9 Quests "Romantic notions of a Boy/Girl". If you give the item to the boy (Andreas), the quest given by the girl (Monica) will be unable to be completed and will end, and vice versa. Some quests will expire for other reasons, so if you are unsure about when they do, just ask here.
Anyways, SPOILER I actually refused the quest from Ortharon that lets you start rebuilding Colony 6, as all the Camp's timed quests will expire, and after a certain part in the story, Ortharon comes back into the main story, so you can talk to someone else for the same quest but a greater reward.

theblackdragon

@SuperNictendo: IDK how you're going about it, but using B in battle has worked quite well for me, especially with these named monsters to find and defeat for quests. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

TysonOfTime

G4L wrote:

Do your answers for the multiple choice segments dramatically affect future gameplay, or determine the amount of sidequests that will be available later on? If so, I'm going to note the answers I didn't choose, so I can choose them on my second playthrough. Does anybody have any gem crafting tips? Also, does Xenoblade Chronicles feature, "New Game +," like The Last Story?

Oh, the multiple choice quests only affect that character's specific affinity. Usually those people don't have future quests.

TysonOfTime

@TBD
Yeah, but it's still HAAARRDD...
It takes a lot to raise the affinity levels... I took my two new characters and slaughtered EVERYTHING on the Agora Shore in Colony 9 (Where level 31-40 monsters are) and still didn't increase affinity one level... I suppose I should gift them items...

Reala

G4L wrote:

does Xenoblade Chronicles feature, "New Game +," like The Last Story?

yes it does

Reala

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.