Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 561 to 580 of 1,499

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

561. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

I've spent an hour and a half in the first tow! o_O

As did I. I then spent another hour and a half exploring the beach outside of town. Btw, I honestly can't think of anything more thrilling than being chased by 7 level 70s, including a unique, while only at level 9.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

562. Posted:

The one minor annoyance so far is not being able to walk in to peoples homes and shops. I think this is the first time I've never been able to!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

563. Posted:

Big anticipation for this! Hmm, NoA's online store still says "preparing order" for me. What's up with that? :/

EDIT: It doesn't say backordered for me... yet. You'd think they'd have printed at least enough copies for the preorders.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

564. Posted:

HOLYMACKEREL!!!!!!!!

Dude I was thinking about you the other day. Its been to long. How is school going?

On topic. I know this is just basic stuff but I've never seem better looking grass on my nintendo system! However the jump animation is just as bad if not worse then skyward sword!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

565. Posted:

I like how they can jump really far but can't jump very high.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

566. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

The one minor annoyance so far is not being able to walk in to peoples homes and shops. I think this is the first time I've never been able to!

Isn't that more realistic, though? What would you think if some random kid from town carrying a weapon walked right into your house like he owned it, searched the place, and left without saying a word?

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

567. Posted:

I wanna loot the homes. Is that to much to ask?! I get where you're coming from though. In this games case it would add about another 20 hours just to enter those homes so ill pass lol. I guess if all the people are out of their homes at some point of the day it doesn't really matter.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

568. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Well I can't say I'm a fan of the story, but the game itself looks pretty fun. It'll most likely be a bargain bin purchase though, if The Last Story comes out at around the same time. :3

Hahaha! I wonder if @pixelman still believes he'll find, "Xenoblade Chronicles," in a bargain bin someday. :P

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

569. Posted:

G4L wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Well I can't say I'm a fan of the story, but the game itself looks pretty fun. It'll most likely be a bargain bin purchase though, if The Last Story comes out at around the same time. :3

Hahaha! I wonder if @pixelman still believes he'll find, "Xenoblade Chronicles," in a bargain bin someday. :P

Well, considering it's on a LIMITED PRINT RUN, I doubt it.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

570. Posted:

The combat is making more sense now. I've read up on it a bit more and its definitely more fun then the first go around.

Yep I'm excepting every quest I can and early in the game already have about 10. I wish the quest were a bit more like elder scrolls. At least when you did one of those it was well worth your while. Very deep side quests in that one and fun to do. I know there are some special quest in this one but the vast majority are fetch quests. I don't mine to much as lo.g as I earn money for them I guess.

I'm also stuck doing all the affinity between the towns folks! That seems just as long as all the quests. Cant have the people all mad at each other now. I don't think I've really played the actually game LOL! Or have I?! Good game though. TO many things to get caught up in though. I like that. Yep its going to take me about a year to beat.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

571. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I can't wait to play this game. Did you guys know that the open world is the size of real life Japan? I read that in the Nintendo Power interview I believe. And apparently nothing is off limits. If you see something in the distance, you can run there seamlessly. That's what I'm anticipating most, the sprawling landscapes.

Also, Nintendo Power gave it a 9.0.

@SamuraiShyGuy, I seriously can't believe Xenoblade Chronicles' overworld is actually as large as real life Japan in scale size. Japan is 145,925 sq. miles, so are you trying to tell me Xenoblade Chronicles' overworld is 145,925 sq. miles in scale size? If there's actually some truth to this statement.... OMG!

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Popyman

572. Posted:

So, as I said before I had no expectations. Well...I'm completely blown away. The thing that impresses me most that I'm not sure if people even notice, is how fantastic the cutscenes are. They actually have direction, the camera moves and pans to get the best of each moment. A good example is this scene where Reyn is knocked down by a Mechaon and the camera moves to follow him but is blocked by a piece of debris (or something, I can't remember exactly what it was) and the Mechaon plunges his claw down, in the same manor that quite a few villagers had already died from. The camera keeps moving up, showing Reyn still alive, fighting back in the things grip. Compare that to if they had just shown his fall unblocked from view, boring right? And that's just one scene! The whole game is full of brilliant moments like that, each position of the camera having something to say and show. It makes something like, say, Assassin's Creeds cutscenes where they just stand around and talk look mindnumbingly boring and lifeless.

The battle system also caught me off guard. At first I was like, "Wow, this is really simple..." then it became, "HOLY CRAP WHAT IS HAPPENING!?" to, "Oh wow, this is pretty awesome, I'm killing stuff and I understand what all this stuff on the screen means!"

So yes, I am enjoying it greatly. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

573. Posted:

G4L wrote:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I can't wait to play this game. Did you guys know that the open world is the size of real life Japan? I read that in the Nintendo Power interview I believe. And apparently nothing is off limits. If you see something in the distance, you can run there seamlessly. That's what I'm anticipating most, the sprawling landscapes.

Also, Nintendo Power gave it a 9.0.

@SamuraiShyGuy, I seriously can't believe Xenoblade Chronicles' overworld is actually as large as real life Japan in scale size. Japan is 145,925 sq. miles, so are you trying to tell me Xenoblade Chronicles' overworld is 145,925 sq. miles in scale size? If there's actually some truth to this statement.... OMG!

I can't find the quote. I thought it was from a Nintendo Power interview, but after scanning through I couldn't find it. It must of been something I found on the web then. I can assure you I didn't make it up and that it was a quote from the game's director, Takahashi. I don't think it's entirely accurate, but I do know the quote exists somewhere. Can anyone back me up on this? Surely I'm not the only one who read this.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

574. Posted:

Shyguy you are hallucinating like mad :O
But it's a great game regardless of how big the world is :)

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

575. Posted:

http://andriasang.com/comhbl/xenoblade_preview/ - here you go SamuraiShyGuy. It's an old interview, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if they cut the size at some point, or was just exaggerating to build hype.

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

And tastes very. I prefer the story driven Final Fantasies to the exploration style Dragon Quests, for instance.

I guess that explains why you weren't too thrilled with this game....

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

576. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

http://andriasang.com/comhbl/xenoblade_preview/ - here you go SamuraiShyGuy. It's an old interview, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if they cut the size at some point, or was just exaggerating to build hype.

Thanks, I knew I wasn't crazy. That's definitely not the preview I got it from, so there must be multiple sources. I'm pretty sure it's not nearly that large, though.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

577. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Especially considering Uprising was a disappointment.

No, you will hate this as well because you dislike things that are too amazing for you to comprehend.
Or you know, you just have different tastes. Hahaha... That would make you REALLY inhuman.

I don't get it.

So my older brother really likes this game. So I'm letting him borrow my Wii for a week so he can play it and since he works at GameStop he's going to buy it for me in return after he's done. Free, new $50 game? Hell yeah.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

578. Posted:

Oh @SamuraiShyGuy, I wasn't insinuating that was a lie. I was just inquiring for some type of confirmation and clarification. :P

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

579. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Thanks, I knew I wasn't crazy. That's definitely not the preview I got it from, so there must be multiple sources. I'm pretty sure it's not nearly that large, though.

I'm pretty sure that is the source, though. I found others that were simply sourced from that source, so perhaps what you read was simply somebody quoting Andrisang.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

StreetRat

580. Posted:

Not having to go back to the town after every quest is easily the best part of this game.
Joking aside, I'm blown away by this game so far.

Still rockin' the GameBoy brick. Yes, I do believe it's portable. It fits in my satchel.

3DS FC: 4596-9583-9911