Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 541 to 560 of 1,491

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

541. Posted:

I haven't opened my copy yet. I can't put down Kid Icarus: Uprising and now I just bought Plants vs. Zombies which is insanely addictive.

I was thinking though, especially since people are kind of complaining about the combat, wouldn't it be amazing if a Zelda game had the world of Xenoblade. Combine the combat of Skyward Sword (and all the other elements that make a great Zelda) with the enormous, invisible wall free world of Xeno and you might just have the greatest game ever conceived.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

542. Posted:

Put down the 3ds slowly. Back away and fire up the Wii. It misses you.

I'm having a hard time as well. I really want to get into it but don't have a couple of hours to set a side at the moment.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

543. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I haven't opened my copy yet. I can't put down Kid Icarus: Uprising and now I just bought Plants vs. Zombies which is insanely addictive.

I was thinking though, especially since people are kind of complaining about the combat, wouldn't it be amazing if a Zelda game had the world of Xenoblade. Combine the combat of Skyward Sword (and all the other elements that make a great Zelda) with the enormous, invisible wall free world of Xeno and you might just have the greatest game ever conceived.

Personally, I want Monolith Soft to work on the next Pokemon game. Give us a big world to traverse with the pokemon on screen (maybe even big ones that we aren't ready to deal with just yet), real-ish time gameplay (hopefully with a pause system for item menus), an encouragement system, some sort of quest system (at least more little story events). I could see it being pretty damn good.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

544. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Put down the 3ds slowly. Back away and fire up the Wii. It misses you.

I'm having a hard time as well. I really want to get into it but don't have a couple of hours to set a side at the moment.

Same here. You walk into town and the game goes, "Here's a couple hundred thousand things you can do!"
And I was all like, "Oh, it's gonna be one of THOSE games..."Sigh

Edited on by TysonOfTime

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

545. Posted:

Just so you guys know, you can save a lot of those quests for later, and just focus on the main story for the time being. Just stock up on the quests so you know what you can and can't miss, then move on. You don't have to spend hours upon hours doing everything in an area, and in fact, I highly recommend against doing that. You'll burn yourself out that way.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

546. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Personally, I want Monolith Soft to work on the next Pokemon game. Give us a big world to traverse with the pokemon on screen (maybe even big ones that we aren't ready to deal with just yet), real-ish time gameplay (hopefully with a pause system for item menus), an encouragement system, some sort of quest system (at least more little story events). I could see it being pretty damn good.

I think all pokemon fans have been wanting a game like that for a looooong time. I just don't see it happening any time soon.

@Tech, Lol, I know man, I know. I might play Xeno tonight. Maybe.

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

547. Posted:

Now that I know wtf I am doing the combat is way better.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

StreetRat

548. Posted:

Is there anything Important I need all the collectibles for? Or can I sell a few to buy better equipment?

Still rockin' the GameBoy brick. Yes, I do believe it's portable. It fits in my satchel.

3DS FC: 4596-9583-9911

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

549. Posted:

EGM gave this game a 6.5. I guess every good game these days has to have a troll review.

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

550. Posted:

It took a while to reach this point, but I was truly awestruck by the game today when I emerged from a lengthy cave and was able to see the full sky in all its glory; you probably know the part I'm talking about. I'm also getting better at understanding the combat system, but that one moment alone has certainly sold me on the game with or without other flaws.

To others who also struggled at the beginning, I'd say that it is a bit of a slow and confusing start, but the payoff seems to be well worth the effort.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

551. Posted:

Still waiting for Sharla to show up. Then I will give this game 100/10,

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

552. Posted:

Really a 6.5. I haven't read egm in years and now I know why. Has anyone even given this game lower then an 8?!

I think the art design is great and most of the time the graphics are breath taking. However the detail up close shows just how simple the graphics can be sometimes. Characters can look like all one big shape and not as much detail as they could be. I do understand the graphics took a back seat to game play and story and that's fine!

PS. Zack I'm playing KI atm!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Wildvine53

553. Posted:

@Cloudcult10 The tutorial mentioned some sort of reward for collecting a row or set, but I'm not sure what the rewards are yet.

@SamuriaShyGuy Are you sure it's a troll review? maybe they just genuinely don't like it.

I'm about an hour into the game so far, I love the story and the visuals are impressive. I'm not a huge fan of the combat system, but I'm sure the more I play the better I'll become.

"If I've learned anything from video games, it's that encountering enemies means you're headed in the right direction."
“Our differences are only skin deep, but our sames go down to the bone.”
Eyeliner, +500 against haters y'all
Credit for my awesome Avatar!

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

AuthorMessage

RoryLee

554. Posted:

I give EGM a 4.0 out of 10. I find that I get more enjoyment by looking at the clouds than reading something out of that magazine from the 90s.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

555. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Just so you guys know, you can save a lot of those quests for later, and just focus on the main story for the time being. Just stock up on the quests so you know what you can and can't miss, then move on. You don't have to spend hours upon hours doing everything in an area, and in fact, I highly recommend against doing that. You'll burn yourself out that way.

Sorry, but my OCD won't allow me to do that. I can pull away and continue with the story after a while, but I must do at least some exploring and questing when I get to a new area.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

556. Posted:

Fortunately I gave up on the OCD completionist side of gaming years ago, so I can just pursue a couple side quests and a little wandering before moving right on with the story. With a game this immense, I'd never finish it if I was concerned with seeing everything.

Edited on by warioswoods

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

557. Posted:

Meh, I'll get into it as I keep playing...
SO MANY...VILLAGERS TO TALK TO...
SO MANY...BRITISH ACCENTS!

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

558. Posted:

I've spent an hour and a half in the first tow! o_O

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

559. Posted:

Hoping this is great when I get my hands on it tomorrow. Especially considering Uprising was a disappointment.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

560. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Especially considering Uprising was a disappointment.

No, you will hate this as well because you dislike things that are too amazing for you to comprehend.
Or you know, you just have different tastes. Hahaha... That would make you REALLY inhuman.