Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 521 to 540 of 1,491

AuthorMessage

cc-plus

521. Posted:

New to NL. Hi everyone! :)

So much love for Xenoblade, it was totally worth the $99.99 launch price here in Aus. Clocked around 160 hours on my first playthrough. Want to finish my second but alas university commitments!

@Tech101: Biggest advantage of wii remote is letting you select arts while moving. Maining characters that rely on positioning like Shulk will be easier during the more hectic battles. Camera is a bit fiddly you'll have to hold the c button I think.

CCP has the advantage of letting you adjust the camera easily. Great for OCD people like me but you'll have to use 'the claw' method to move around while using arts. Although you can easily survive with just running into position, stopping then selecting your arts.

I used CCP, it's all a matter of preference really. Hope that helped!

cc-plus

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

522. Posted:

It did thanks. I think I will stick with the Wii remote after what you just said.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

523. Posted:

Yeah, I wasn't going to purchase a CCP just to play Xenoblade Chronicles, but I might pick one up just for playing VC titles. @cc-plus, It sounds like utilizing the WiiMote & Nunchuk combo allows for the most fluid gameplay strategy, anyways.

From how my online gaming friends have informed me, "Xenoblade Chronicles," is utterly amazing. I don't think it'll be possible for me to resist opening my copy, no matter how valuable a unopened copy may come to be. I'm still going to finish playing through, "Super Mario Galaxy," and, "Arc Rise Fantasia," first, because they both deserve their time to shine. "Xenoblade Chronicles," would probably make, "Arc Rise Fantasia," pale in comparison, and I don't want anything to distract me from the awe inspiring experience that is, "Super Mario Galaxy".

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

cc-plus

524. Posted:

@G4L: It's definitely not worth buying a CCP just for Xenoblade, I already had one to play vc games too. That sounds like a good plan because the game really did have a long lasting effect on me. Even now there are little things like quick travel and no invisible walls that I wish were in more rpgs/adventure games. It makes travelling from A to B painless and actually fun.

cc-plus

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

525. Posted:

I'm a couple hours into the game, and it's really awesome so far.

By the way, I can't be the only one who enjoys watching Fiora run around stripped down to her underwear, right?;) It's especially fun with the cutscenes and heart-to-hearts (where the clothing choices carry over). They even allow you to get the normal clothing defense boosts by buying her a bikini, which is just a palette swap of the underwear. This game had some pretty horny developers.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

526. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

What does that mean? Talented?

It means her bust size. I believe it started as a way to mock how the English dub of Sailor Moon censored a scene where Sailor Jupiter was bragging about the size of her chest compared to the others.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

527. Posted:

Okay, so I'm enjoying the worlds but I just don't understand the combat. I feel that it would be a whole lot more fun if turn-based, as I generally do find MMO-style and western style RPGs to be the worst of the genre.

Anyhow, how am I supposed to control the battle more effectively? Any tips? It's just a jumble at the moment, with auto-attacks and then a few arts used at the obvious times, but I don't really feel that I'm contributing much to what's happening.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

528. Posted:

@warioswoods I was afraid of that. Sounds a lot like Final Fantasy XII combat--not fun. Hopefully the rest of the game's aspects make up for it. I just rented it so I'll get to see for myself soon. :)

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

529. Posted:

I agree about the combat so far. I'm sure it will get more intuitive as the game goes on though! I'm only about half an hour in.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

530. Posted:

I'm told you're given new systems on a regular basis, so it'll get better. Also, @wariowoods, there's supposed to be a tutorial in the menu, you should probably check that out if you need help.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

531. Posted:

Well, I got my artbook. The staff at the mall's Gamestop is much more professional than the jerks at the other one. :3

I may have to play this on a bigger TV. I can barely see most of the text on my screen. But I understood enough that i'm now busy looking around Colony 9 and completed some of the Collectopedia.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

Chuie

532. Posted:

i just got the game and love it xenoblade and last story are the only amazing rpg wii will have
i mean you had good ones but not amazing ones
good rpgs
tales of symphonia DOTNW
arc rise fantasia
paper mario(hated this one but some people like it)
marumasa
rune factory frontier

Edited on by Chuie

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

533. Posted:

mieu-fire wrote:

i just got the game and love it xenoblade and last story are the only amazing rpg wii will have
good rpgs
tales of symphonia DOTNW
arc rise fantasia
marumasa
rune factory frontier

I kinda have to agree with you there, except that Tales game wasn't even good IMO.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Chuie

534. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

good rpgs
tales of symphonia DOTNW
arc rise fantasia
marumasa
rune factory frontier

I kinda have to agree with you there, except that Tales game wasn't even good IMO.

it needed lots of inprovements but i still really injoined it :)

Edited on by Chuie

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

535. Posted:

Tales of Symphoina was good. Nuff said. Baton kaitos was the last good RPG I've played on a Nintendo console!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

536. Posted:

I'm getting more accustomed to the battles and starting to feel the way it works, but still not quite confident about some of the details. It does help to just get into the flow of things and keep moving from battle to battle, since that powers up for team for the chained attack.

New question

I've been using the Japanese audio since I greatly prefer those voices, but I noticed that they're babbling a lot during battles and there aren't any subtitles when fighting. Am I missing anything useful?

Edited on by warioswoods

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

537. Posted:

No you are not missing anything. They repeat way to much. Kind of annoying.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Reala

538. Posted:

warioswoods wrote:

I've been using the Japanese audio since I greatly prefer those voices, but I noticed that they're babbling a lot during battles and there aren't any subtitles when fighting. Am I missing anything useful?

not really anything useful no, but you are missing Ricki's comments that I always found hilarious.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

539. Posted:

I liked the Combat, since I played FFXI, but I still don't know what's going on. All this info on the screen. Btw wth is a break? Just kinda confused atm. Also I can't read the text well either. I am going to have to move the sofa closer.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

540. Posted:

I tried playing some last night, but it experienced an error before I could save... Oh well.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime