Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 501 to 520 of 1,474

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

501. Posted:

Popyman wrote:

From what I've seen the art book isn't that great anyway, it's only 20 pages long...

I had no idea this game was coming out so soon! I realized it the other day and I'm going to be getting it for sure...even though I'm a bit doubtful about it. Besides the whole living on giants thing, nothing I've seen has really wowed me. I'm hoping my impression of it is changed once I start playing. :)

EDIT: Also, do any of the playable characters use long range weapons? I think I read somewhere about a girl who has guns but she's a healer--is she the only one?

As well as Sharla, there is also Melia who is the mage of the game.

Objection wrote:

For anyone who's already playing it, any tips on the Tentacle boss about 6 hrs in? Is it just attack the tentacles first or what? I'm also having trouble with the Mechon in the area before, there's too many and they swamp me every time.

Great game so far, fun combat. Everyone waiting for 2 more days, it's worth the wait. :)

In that boss fight, make sure you use the new Monado power you get in the cutscene before the boss fight. It increases the evasion of a chosen party member for a limited amount of time. Although, I think you might get that in a cutscene that happens in the middle of the boss fight. It has been a while since I did that boss fight, so I can't remember if that cutscene is in the middle of the boss fight or at the start of it.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

502. Posted:

Only one more days wait my fellow Americans. Are you as hyped as I am?

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

503. Posted:

G4L wrote:

Nope ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

504. Posted:

G4L wrote:

Yes super hyped! Unfortunately I wont get to play it much over the weekend. Ill really get into this game more next week.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Objection

505. Posted:

I love the "try again" approach they took with battles. Especially with the difficulty surging now.
So far, I've played it in 2 hr stretches, for a total of 8 hrs. I wish I had started this back in February, lol.

Tales of Graces F has been distracting me, too.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.
Backloggery My LP Youtube

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

AuthorMessage

paburrows

506. Posted:

G4L wrote:

I came home and there was a message from Gamestop reminding me that it would be there for me tomorrow!

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

507. Posted:

Yeah, I received the same automated message from GameStop today. I've heard a rumor that you won't receive an artbook, if you didn't pre-order from GameStop by the 26th of March. I pre-ordered online March 28th I believe, and the artbook was still listed in the product details a day later. I better receive the artbook regardless, or I'm going to complain until I receive something for free. You're probably smurking while you're saying to yourself, "Yeah right, you actually think GameStop is going to give you something for free. Hahaha!" Well, it is wholly their incompetence and unprofessionalism that caused this situation, because the artbook should've have been unlisted after the last one left had been ordered. I implore you to complain, if this issue arises for you too. False advertisement should never be accepted from a company as well established as GameStop.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

sykotek

508. Posted:

G4L wrote:

...I've heard a rumor that you won't receive an artbook, if you didn't pre-order from GameStop by the 26th of March. I pre-ordered online March 28th I believe...I better receive the artbook regardless, or I'm going to complain until I receive something for free...

They can't give you an artbook IF they've run out of stock of it and it wouldn't be fair to shortchange someone else for one if they ordered it before you.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

509. Posted:

@sykotek, and allowing the artbook to be listed in the product details after the fact is false adverstisement. It's not my fault they're too incompetent and unprofessional to update their website as it should've been. :P

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

510. Posted:

Question for those that played this game. How does the game control with the Wii remote? I miss placed my ccp and don't want to really buy it again.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

511. Posted:

I won't even be opening my copy until I finish playing through, "Super Mario Galaxy," and, "Arc Rise Fantasia," first. If the value of, "Xenoblade Chronicles," rockets because of its limited release, I might not open it all.

@Tech101, I believe the review on NintendoLife stated that the WiiMote & Nunchuck combo functions well enough. :P

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

512. Posted:

Picked up Xenoblade this morning from Gamestop. (Sadly the artbook shipped later than the game, so I have to go back in today to get it :( )

So far I like it. Just the opening scene was pretty awesome! And the voice acting is very well done (which is nice after playing rpgs with poor voice acting) The gameplay is pretty good to, though it does kind of remind me of the poor combat system in WKC. But everything else makes up for that :)

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

513. Posted:

Well @sykotek, I received an artbook, even though I guess wasn't supposed to. I pre-ordered seven days before the release date, and to receive the artbook you were supposed to pre-order eight days or more before the release date. My pre-order wasn't considered a premium pre-order, but I received an artbook anyway. I told them the artbook was included in the product details when I placed my pre-order online, and this new girl gave it to me. Oh well, I guess somebody else is sh*t-out-of-luck. lol

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

paburrows

514. Posted:

Yeah I pre-ordered just last week also and got the artbook, I was a little disapointed that it didn't include rough concept sketches, but its a beautiful book.

AuthorMessage

sykotek

515. Posted:

G4L wrote:

...I received an artbook, even though I guess wasn't supposed to...My pre-order wasn't considered a premium pre-order, but I received an artbook anyway...this new girl gave it to me. Oh well, I guess somebody else is sh*t-out-of-luck. lol

Okay, so you got someone else's artbook, does it really make you feel that good to shortchange someone who deserves one to need to gloat about it? Congratuf*ckulations, you're scum with an artbook.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

516. Posted:

I'm pretty sure they have extras that they give away, Sykotek.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

517. Posted:

sykotek wrote:

G4L wrote:

...I received an artbook, even though I guess wasn't supposed to...My pre-order wasn't considered a premium pre-order, but I received an artbook anyway...this new girl gave it to me. Oh well, I guess somebody else is sh*t-out-of-luck. lol

Okay, so you got someone else's artbook, does it really make you feel that good to shortchange someone who deserves one to need to gloat about it? Congratuf*ckulations, you're scum with an artbook.

@sykotek, I made sure I posted this update, because I knew it would urk the hell out of you. Hahaha! Are you mad bro? :P

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

paburrows

518. Posted:

Just played the intro, its a little difficult getting used to, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'm used to Skyward Sword where you control every bit of movement rather then just being in control of positioning and who you attack. But this is cool also.

The store guy said that they had extras.

Edited on by paburrows

AuthorMessage

sykotek

519. Posted:

G4L wrote:

@sykotek, I made sure I posted this update, because I knew it would urk the hell out of you. Hahaha! Are you mad bro? :P

It doesn't irk me at all, but it does show that you're an inconsiderate toolbag for not taking it into account that you deprived someone else who deserved one. Under normal circumstances, I'd be quite glad that you got one, but gloating when you know you didn't deserve one... absolutely ridiculous...and otherwise attempting to post it just to bother me, immensely childish, but nice to know you've taken valuable time out of your day to try, I'm flattered, really...troll harder in the future. :D

AuthorMessage

paburrows

520. Posted:

The store guy said that they had a few artbook extras.